SA Transcripts • Tue, Nov. 4
There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Nortek: Undervaluation, Top-Class Management And Acquisitions Create A Mixture For Great Investment
- Nortek has high quality management with proven track record of shareholder value creation and interests perfectly aligned to drive further earnings growth.
- Operational optimization is set to deliver significant cost reductions during the next 12-18 months leading to higher EBITDA and firm value.
- Company pursues well-managed acquisition-led growth that should produce further benefits to the shareholders.
- Opportunity to benefit from the improving US construction market, where recent data suggests better environment.
The Unwarranted Conglomerate Discount And Potential For Significant Value Extraction At Nortek
- Nortek is undervalued based on a sum of the parts analysis due to the conglomerate structure and relatively little analyst following for a stock of its size.
- Higher projected top-line growth along with ongoing efficiency initiatives should drive significant gains in EBITDA, currently depressed by restructuring charges and colder than normal weather.
- The tech and display mount solutions segments are a source of hidden and potentially significant value, especially the former given the interest in home automation.
Mon, Nov. 3, 5:15 PM
Mon, Aug. 4, 6:25 PM| Comment!
Mon, May. 5, 7:04 PM| Comment!
Fri, Mar. 21, 10:07 AM
- Nortek Inc. (NTK +4.4%) agrees to buy the HVAC business of Thomas & Betts for about $260M in cash. The deal is expected to close in Q2.
- Nortek CEO Mike Clarke: "Acquiring this business will enable us to extend our air management business into attractive adjacent segments of the HVAC market in the United States and Europe."
- Press release
Jan. 20, 2012, 8:32 AM
Jan. 18, 2012, 12:50 PMIt's only January 18, but is it possible the 2012 housing rebound play is already getting a bit crowded? The XHB +10.9%, TOL +14.3%, LEN +16.3%, HD +6.3% YTD. Even bigger winners are building materials firms, USG +42.5%, PATK +50% YTD. Arguing for an even bigger run is most of these stocks are higher off of very low bases. | Comment!
Dec. 29, 2011, 1:04 PMNot bullish on housing prices, Josh Brown is "bullish on the velocity of activity" in the property sector as foreclosures churn. No matter the house, about the first thing a new homeowner does is some sort of improvement. Also helping is a sense that the big-money is getting involved in the sector. His full list of home-remodeling plays. | 1 Comment
NTK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR