Nutrisystem: How Much Turnaround Is Left?
Nutrisystem Is Getting Tempting
Wed, May 11, 12:28 PM
- "The mall is not dead, it has just moved online," asserts EQM Indexes CEO and SA contributor Jane Edmondson. Though her analysis is not entirely new, it's certainly well-timed amid a battering of mall-based chains this week (see reports on L Brands, Gap, and Macy's for some of the carnage details).
- EQM licensed its online retail index to ETF provider Amplify Investment for use in the new Amplify Online Retail ETF (NASDAQ:IBUY).
- The online retail ETF lists Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI), PetMed Express (NASDAQ:PETS), Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY), Amazon (of course), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), Grubhub (NYSE:GRUB), Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK), FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD), Wayfair (NYSE:W), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), and Lands End (NASDAQ:LE) as top holdings.
- The fund has only traded for a few weeks, but could catch some attention with the ground shifting underneath traditional retail.
- Earlier today, the Global Millennials Thematic ETF (NASDAQ:MILN) was highlighted. This ETF shares some of the same holdings as the online retail play and has Amazon as its top holding.
- Complete list of Amplify Online Retail ETF holdings
- Previously: Amazon rambles to all-time high amid retail chaos (May 11)
Wed, May 4, 10:05 AM
- Nutrisysyem (NTRI +18.1%) races higher after Q1 results top estimates.
- A new $50M share repurchase program was also announced by the company.
- Nutrisystem expects Q2 revenue of $145M to $150M and EPS of $0.48 to $0.53.
- Full-year guidance is for revenue of $517M to $532M and EPS of $1.03 to $1.13.
- Previously: Nutrisystem beats by $0.08, beats on revenue (May 3)
Tue, May 3, 5:37 PM
Tue, May 3, 4:15 PM
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Fri, Apr. 1, 3:47 AM
- While the rates of obesity have leveled off in some countries where it's already a public health concern, other places are seeing their obesity rates increase, propping up the global average.
- "Over the past four decades, we have transitioned from a world in which underweight prevalence was more than double that of obesity, to one in which more people are obese than underweight," according to a study published in The Lancet.
- By 2025, one-fifth of adults around the world are forecast to be obese, including 40% of adults in the U.S.
- Related tickers: NUTR, PLNT, WTW, NTRI, FIT, HLF, VVUS, ARNA, GNC, MED, NATR, OREX, LTM, FINL
Mon, Feb. 29, 9:32 AM
- Nutrisystem (NASDAQ:NTRI) announces it launched a new program in the health and wellness program called Shake360. The company has increased its product innovation push with Oprah Winfrey now backing Weight Watchers.
- The shakes in the Shake360 program are soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan to top it off.
- Nutrisystem has rolled out national TV and online advertising as well as a Shake360 app to support the initiative.
- Shares of Nutrisystem fell sharply last week after earnings were reported.
- Previously: Nutrisystem tanks after earnings (Feb. 26 2016)
Fri, Feb. 26, 10:42 AM
- Nutrisystem (NTRI -13.3%) is sharply lower after reporting Q4 results.
- The company's guidance for Q1 came in light. For the quarter that includes the diet season, Nutrisystem sees revenue of $148M-$158M vs. $150.5M consensus and EPS of $0.02-$0.07 vs. $0.13 consensus. The mid-point of full-year revenue guidance was ahead of consensus, but the EPS view was short.
- Execs were asked by the Oprah Effect during the earnings call. The spin from Nutrisystem is that a bigger consideration than the new Weight Watchers spokesperson was the higher advertising rates being seen due to the tense political campaigns.
- Nutrisystem earnings call transcript
- Previously: Nutrisystem EPS in-line, beats on revenue (Feb. 25 2016)
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:10 PM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES
Mon, Feb. 22, 11:53 AM
- NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI) is up 9.2% on strong volume amid some wild trading around Weight Watchers following the release of a favorable company-backed study on the impact of weight management programs on adults with prediabetes.
- Shares of NTRI are slightly above $22 vs. the 52-week trading range of $16.86 to $32.05.
- Previously: Weight Watchers rallies after favorable IU School of Medicine study (Feb. 19 2016)
- Previously: Weight Watchers funded study that led to 18% pop (Feb. 20 2016)
- Previously: Weight Watchers -8% as investors digest impact of study (Feb. 22 2016)
Fri, Jan. 29, 10:52 AM
- NutriSystem (NTRI +3.3%) perks up after Wunderlich initiates coverage on the services company with a Buy rating.
- Investment firms have been confident that NutriSystem would get a positive spillover effect from all the Oprah Weight Watchers buzz, although shares have been sluggish over the last few months.
- NutriSystem is due to report earnings on February 29. Analysts expect revenue of $88.8M and EPS of $0.19 to be reported.
Dec. 17, 2015, 5:33 PM
- Nutrisystem (NTRI -3.6%) has acquired the South Beach Diet brand from its owner, SBD Holdings, and giving a role to the diet's founder, Dr. Arthur Agatston.
- Nutrisystem paid $15M in the deal and will develop South Beach Diet as a distinct brand, both in direct-to-consumer and retain channels, along with work on its core brand.
- Agatston will join Nutrisystem's Science Advisory Board. SBD Holdings will continue to operate the brand through July 1; then Nutrisystem will begin investing toward a 2017 re-launch.
- Nutrisystem says it expects the deal will be slightly dilutive to earnings in 2017 -- it's planning $2M in capex related to the new brand -- and then accretive in 2017.
Nov. 6, 2015, 11:50 AM
- NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI) is up 2% as it gets a bit of a free ride off the Oprah Winfrey Weight Watchers buzz.
- Some investors are hopeful the 2016 diet season will get a boost after Oprah begins marketing weight loss programs.
- NutriSystem improved revenue 16% Y/Y in Q3.
- Previously: Weight Watchers +29% on Oprah magic (Nov. 06 2015)
Oct. 28, 2015, 4:55 PM
- Nutrisystem (NASDAQ:NTRI): Q3 EPS of $0.25 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $104.9M (+15.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.86M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AFFX, AFOP, AMGN, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, BANC, BLKB, BWLD, CACI, CAVM, CBL, CGI, CHDN, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNL, CNO, CNW, CRUS, CSGP, CW, CWT, DRE, DYAX, ECHO, ELLI, EPR, EQIX, EQY, ESIO, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FFIV, FMC, FORM, FORR, FR, GPRO, HBI, HLS, HOS, HT, HUBG, HY, INT, INVN, ISIL, KEX, KRA, KS, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NEM, NGD, NSIT, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OGS, OII, ORLY, OTEX, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, QUIK, REG, ROG, ROVI, RRC, SCI, SGI, SGMO, SIMO, SPN, SPRT, SPWR, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, THG, THRX, TILE, TLLP, TSO, TTMI, UNM, VAR, VECO, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WLL, WMB, WSTL, WTS, YELP
NutriSystem, Inc. provides weight management system based on a low-calorie, portion-controlled, prepared meal program. The company offers proven nutritionally balanced weight loss programs designed for women, men, and seniors, as well as the NutriSystem D program, specifically designed to help... More
Industry: Consumer Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR