Nutrisystem's Valuation Looks Dangerous
Nutrisystem: How Much Turnaround Is Left?
Thu, Nov. 3, 9:09 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 4:13 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AHL, ALDW, ALGT, AMSF, ANIK, AR, ARI, ARRS, AXS, AXTI, BGG, BWLD, CAA, CACI, CAKE, CDE, CHE, CMO, CMPR, CRY, CSGP, CSII, CW, DDR, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, EGHT, EPE, EQY, ESND, ESV, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISV, FORR, GG, GRPN, GTY, HUBG, IBKC, INFN, JBT, KEX, KMT, KNX, KRA, KRC, KWR, LLNW, LMAT, MB, MC, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MUR, NEM, NEU, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NXPI, O, OCN, ORLY, PLNT, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, RGA, RHI, RJF, SCI, SFLY, SGMO, SHLM, SIGI, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TRN, TSLA, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UCTT, UHS, UNM, VAR, VMW, WCN, WDC, WIRE, WLL, XL
Sat, Oct. 15, 11:43 AM
- E-commerce sales during the holiday season are forecast to increase 17.2% this year to $94.71B, which represents a record 10.2% of all retail sales for the period.
- The +17% growth also represents the fastest pace for holiday e-commerce sales since 2011.
- Impressively, Amazon is expected to grow its holiday e-commerce market share above the 25% it took down last year.
- Outside of Amazon, investors can bet on online retail broadly through the Amplify Online Retail ETF (NASDAQ:IBUY). IBUY aims to match the price and yield performance of the EQM Online Retail Index.
- The IBUY is up 8% since launching in April, compared to a 5% drop for the S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT).
- The top ten holdings of the Amplify Online Retail ETF are Etsy (NASDAQ:ETSY), Grubhub (NYSE:GRUB), Blue Nile (NASDAQ:NILE), eBAY (NASDAQ:EBAY), RetailMeNot (NASDAQ:SALE), Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), 1-800-Flowers.com (NASDAQ:FLWS), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), and NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI).
- This year's e-commerce boom will also be a net positive for shippers FedEx (NYSE:FDX) and UPS (NYSE:UPS), despite the increasing logistical challenges amid a higher mix of large packages. There's also Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) to consider after the company made a dramatic commitment to invest more in e-commerce during an investor meeting a few weeks ago.
- Previously: Winners and losers from the retail sales report (Oct. 14)
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:18 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Wed, May 11, 12:28 PM
- "The mall is not dead, it has just moved online," asserts EQM Indexes CEO and SA contributor Jane Edmondson. Though her analysis is not entirely new, it's certainly well-timed amid a battering of mall-based chains this week (see reports on L Brands, Gap, and Macy's for some of the carnage details).
- EQM licensed its online retail index to ETF provider Amplify Investment for use in the new Amplify Online Retail ETF (NASDAQ:IBUY).
- The online retail ETF lists Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI), PetMed Express (NASDAQ:PETS), Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY), Amazon (of course), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), Grubhub (NYSE:GRUB), Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK), FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD), Wayfair (NYSE:W), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), and Lands End (NASDAQ:LE) as top holdings.
- The fund has only traded for a few weeks, but could catch some attention with the ground shifting underneath traditional retail.
- Earlier today, the Global Millennials Thematic ETF (NASDAQ:MILN) was highlighted. This ETF shares some of the same holdings as the online retail play and has Amazon as its top holding.
- Complete list of Amplify Online Retail ETF holdings
- Previously: Amazon rambles to all-time high amid retail chaos (May 11)
Wed, May 4, 10:05 AM
- Nutrisysyem (NTRI +18.1%) races higher after Q1 results top estimates.
- A new $50M share repurchase program was also announced by the company.
- Nutrisystem expects Q2 revenue of $145M to $150M and EPS of $0.48 to $0.53.
- Full-year guidance is for revenue of $517M to $532M and EPS of $1.03 to $1.13.
- Previously: Nutrisystem beats by $0.08, beats on revenue (May 3)
Tue, May 3, 5:37 PM
Tue, May 3, 4:15 PM
- Nutrisystem (NASDAQ:NTRI): Q1 EPS of $0.13 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $162.11M (+18.1% Y/Y) beats by $9.98M.
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Fri, Apr. 1, 3:47 AM
- While the rates of obesity have leveled off in some countries where it's already a public health concern, other places are seeing their obesity rates increase, propping up the global average.
- "Over the past four decades, we have transitioned from a world in which underweight prevalence was more than double that of obesity, to one in which more people are obese than underweight," according to a study published in The Lancet.
- By 2025, one-fifth of adults around the world are forecast to be obese, including 40% of adults in the U.S.
- Related tickers: NUTR, PLNT, WTW, NTRI, FIT, HLF, VVUS, ARNA, GNC, MED, NATR, OREX, LTM, FINL
Mon, Feb. 29, 9:32 AM
- Nutrisystem (NASDAQ:NTRI) announces it launched a new program in the health and wellness program called Shake360. The company has increased its product innovation push with Oprah Winfrey now backing Weight Watchers.
- The shakes in the Shake360 program are soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan to top it off.
- Nutrisystem has rolled out national TV and online advertising as well as a Shake360 app to support the initiative.
- Shares of Nutrisystem fell sharply last week after earnings were reported.
- Previously: Nutrisystem tanks after earnings (Feb. 26 2016)
Fri, Feb. 26, 10:42 AM
- Nutrisystem (NTRI -13.3%) is sharply lower after reporting Q4 results.
- The company's guidance for Q1 came in light. For the quarter that includes the diet season, Nutrisystem sees revenue of $148M-$158M vs. $150.5M consensus and EPS of $0.02-$0.07 vs. $0.13 consensus. The mid-point of full-year revenue guidance was ahead of consensus, but the EPS view was short.
- Execs were asked by the Oprah Effect during the earnings call. The spin from Nutrisystem is that a bigger consideration than the new Weight Watchers spokesperson was the higher advertising rates being seen due to the tense political campaigns.
- Nutrisystem earnings call transcript
- Previously: Nutrisystem EPS in-line, beats on revenue (Feb. 25 2016)
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:10 PM
- Nutrisystem (NASDAQ:NTRI): Q4 EPS of $0.19 in-line.
- Revenue of $90.25M (+13.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.5M.
- Shares -1.34%.
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES