Nuance Communications, Inc.NASDAQ
Fri, Nov. 18, 3:00 PM
Fri, Nov. 18, 12:37 PM
- Large-cap names with 5x their normal volume:
- ASML Holding (ASML +1.7%)
- The Gap (GPS -16.5%)
- Mid-caps with 5x their normal volume:
- HRG Group (HRG +3.8%)
- Grand Canyon Education (LOPE -0.1%)
- Marvell Tech (MRVL +8.8%)
- Nuance Communication (NUAN +9.6%)
- Post Holdings (POST -2.1%)
- Regal Entertainment (RGC -2.2%)
- ViaSat (VSAT +4.9%)
Fri, Nov. 18, 9:15 AM| Fri, Nov. 18, 9:15 AM | 1 Comment
Thu, Nov. 17, 4:03 PM
Wed, Nov. 16, 5:35 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 4:02 PM
Sun, Aug. 7, 5:35 PM
- AMPH, APLE, ARNA, ATSG, BKD, BLCM, BOJA, BWXT, CAI, CC, CLDX, CLNY, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CSLT, CUI, CVG, DTSI, DVA, EGN, EGY, ELNK, ENDP, ENV, FNV, HTZ, ICUI, IFF, IPHI, JPEP, KITE, LC, LXU, MAIN, MBI, MCHP, MODN, MTW, MXL, NCMI, NILE, NPTN, NUAN, NVGS, NVRO, NWSA, ONDK, OPK, OTTR, PFSW, PHH, PKY, PNM, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, RARE, RAX, RBA, RBC, REN, RMTI, ROG, RPD, RSPP, RWT, SHO, SINA, SREV, TUBE, TVIA, TWLO, VSLR, WB, WBMD, ZLTQ
Tue, Jun. 14, 10:14 AM
- Nuance (NUAN -1.1%) has launched a $300M offering of senior notes due 2024. Net proceeds will be used for "general corporate purposes," and potentially for acquisitions.
- The voice recognition software/service provider over $340M and over $2.1B in debt at the end of March. In early March, Nuance agreed to buy back $500M worth of shares from Carl Icahn.
Tue, May 10, 5:37 PM
Tue, May 10, 4:57 PM
- Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) is off 7% following mixed fiscal Q2 earnings and revenue guidance for the upcoming quarter and year on the light side of analyst expectations.
- Revenues were flat as product sales dipped more than 9%. The company posted a $7M loss in GAAP terms
- Cash flow from operations rose 33% to a record $159.9M.
- Revenue breakout (GAAP): Product and licensing, $158.6M (down 9.1%); Professional services and hosting, $240.2M (up 7%); Maintenance and support, $79.9M (up 5%).
- Conference call to come at 5 p.m. ET.
- In prepared remarks it circulated before the call, the company guided to fiscal Q3 revenues (non-GAAP) of $483M-$497M (vs. $496M consensus), and EPS of $0.35-$0.38 (vs. expected $0.36). For the full year, it sees revenues of $1.975B-$2.005B (vs. consensus of $2.006B) and EPS of $1.48-$1.56 (vs. $1.49 expected).
Tue, May 10, 4:03 PM
- Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN): FQ2 EPS of $0.38 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $487.41M (-0.1% Y/Y) misses by $3.73M.
- Shares +0.1%.
Mon, May 9, 5:35 PM
- AG, ALB, ALRM, AMBC, AMRS, ATSG, BUFF, CALL, CGIX, CHMI, CJES, CSLT, CYTX, DGLY, DIS, DXPE, EA, ECPG, ENSG, ESIO, EVRI, EXAM, FF, FIVN, FNGN, FOGO, FOR, FOSL, FTEK, FUEL, GALE, HCKT, HLIT, HLTH, ICUI, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, KEYW, KGC, LDRH, MTSC, NEWR, NUAN, PLNT, PSEC, PVCT, QNST, QTM, RBCN, RELY, REXX, RMTI, RTK, SCSC, TDOC, VTAE, XON, XONE, ZAGG, ZFGN, ZGNX, ZLTQ
Wed, Mar. 23, 1:39 PM
- At its GCP Next 2016 cloud user conference, Google (GOOG, GOOGL) has unveiled a Cloud Speech API that provides voice recognition services for third-party apps.
- The API supports 80+ languages, and can work in either real-time streaming and batch mode. Notably, Google (has made huge A.I./machine learning investments) says the API will rely on the same neural network powering voice search used by Google's search and keyboard apps. It will initially be free to use; Google plans to eventually charge, while offering low-cost pricing tiers.
- VR software leader Nuance (NUAN -4.2%), which claims an ecosystem of 30K+ developers, has sold off on the news. In December, Nuance unveiled its Mix platform, which provides developers working on mobile apps and IoT devices with SDKs that can be used to embed voice recognition and text-to-speech functionality.
- Also announced by Google: Cloud Machine Learning, a platform that allows developers using Google's cloud infrastructure to add A.I./machine learning functionality to their apps. The service could compete against IBM's Watson Developer Cloud platform.
Wed, Mar. 16, 11:16 AM
- A 4.4M-share Nuance (NUAN -3.5%) block trade has been priced at $19.45, $0.55 below yesterday's close. Bloomberg reports Carl Icahn is the seller.
- The news comes six days after Nuance announced a deal to buy back $500M worth of shares from Icahn at $19.00 apiece. SA author Mark Chapman offered his thoughts on Icahn's motivations for selling earlier this week.
Tue, Mar. 15, 5:40 PM
Thu, Mar. 10, 9:17 AM
- Nuance (NASDAQ:NUAN) is spending $500M to buy back 26.32M shares (over 8% of outstanding shares) from Carl Icahn and his affiliates at $19.00 apiece (6% below Wednesday's close).
- The purchase will be funded through $375M in cash on hand and a $125M 90-day promissory note. It's separate from Nuance's existing buying program, the execution of which "will be limited for the foreseeable future." $188.7M was spent on buybacks in FQ1 (calendar Q4).
- As part of the deal, Icahn execs Brett Icahn and David Schenchter are leaving the board. Icahn was reported to have a 60.8M-share (20%) stake in Nuance as of the end of 2015.
- NUAN -5.7% premarket to $19.05.