NuVasive - Same Opportunities, Same Concerns
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
After Some Turbulence, NuVasive Appears To Be On A Better Flightpath
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
NuVasive, Inc. - A 'Super GARP' Stock With A $65 Price Target
Jul. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AFL, AIZ, AJG, AKAM, APC, ARI, ATML, ATR, ATRC, AXS, BBRG, BGFV, BLDP, BMR, BOOM, BWLD, BXMT, CALX, CAP, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLMS, CTXS, CUZ, DHT, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, ETH, EW, EXAC, EXAM, GAS, GCA, GILD, GPRE, HA, HT, HURN, IACI, IPHI, KIM, LNDC, MTSI, NATI, NCR, NEU, NGD, NUVA, NVDQ, NVMI, OIS, PEI, PNRA, RGR, RNR, RPXC, RRC, RSYS, RUBI, SLCA, SM, SPWR, SSW, TSS, TWTR, ULTI, VDSI, VR, VRSK, VRTU, WNC, WRI, WSH, X, YELP
Jun. 9, 2015, 11:22 AM
- Amedisys (AMED +5.7%) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $41 (13% upside) price target by Deutsche Bank.
- Edwards Lifesciences (EW +0.3%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform with a $158 (19% upside) price target by BMO Capital.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics (ZLTQ +0.7%) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $36 (33% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- NuVasive (NUVA -2%) downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $52 (8% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
May 26, 2015, 8:59 AM
May 4, 2015, 4:21 PM
- NuVasive (NASDAQ:NUVA): Q1 EPS of $0.30 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $192.4M (+8.4% Y/Y) beats by $3.1M.
May 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ADEP, AEGR, AEIS, APC, APU, ATEN, BALT, BBRG, BKH, CAR, CDE, CGNX, CHUY, CKEC, CXO, DENN, DNB, DVA, ECOM, EGOV, ELNK, ENH, EOG, EOX, FBP, FN, FNF, HIL, IDTI, IM, ININ, INN, INVN, IRG, ITRI, KS, LMNX, LSCC, MATX, MCEP, MDU, MERU, MIC, MUSA, NLS, NUVA, ONDK, OTTR, PACD, PLOW, PPS, PQ, PTCT, QLYS, RAIL, RGR, ROSE, RWT, SGY, SHO, SNHY, STAG, THC, TXRH, UGI, VNO, XEC, XPO
Apr. 15, 2015, 1:32 PM
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH -2.5%) upgraded to Buy with a $141 (21% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- AbbVie (ABBV +1.1%) upgraded to Outperform with a $68 (9% upside) price target by BMO Capital Markets. Analyst Alex Arfaei cites improved prospects for Imbruvica and increased confidence that the company can defend Humira against biosimilars.
- Clovis Oncology (CLVS +7.3%) upgraded to Buy with a $117 (27% upside) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- NuVasive (NUVA -4%) downgraded to Hold with a $49 (14% upside from today's down move) price target by Cannaccord Genuity.
- Arrowhead Research (ARWR -3.3%) downgraded to Hold with a $9 (28% upside from today's down move) price target by Jefferies.
- Cellular Dynamics (ICEL +0.1%) downgraded to Market Perform with a $16.50 price target by Leerink Swann (unsurprising since the company is being acquired by Fujifilm for $16.50).
Apr. 1, 2015, 1:03 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA -3%) CEO Alex Lukianov was forced to resign after an internal investigation found that he failed to comply with the firm's expense reimbursement and other policies. According to Director Jack Blair, the amounts involved are immaterial to the company's financial results but Mr. Lukianov's actions "in this regard were not representative of the high standards by which NuVasive operates. We believe this leadership transition is appropriate and in the best interests of the Company and all of our stakeholders."
- Board member Greg Lucier will take over a Chairman and interim CEO until a permanent chief executive is hired.
Apr. 1, 2015, 9:13 AM
Mar. 3, 2015, 9:38 AM
- A federal appeals court overturns a $102M jury award to Medtronic (MDT -0.8%) in a long-running patent dispute with NuVasive (NUVA +0.4%) pertaining to spinal implants.
- A jury awarded damages to Medtronic in 2011 after it found that NuVasive's CoRoent XL implants, MaXcess II and III retractors and Helix mini anterior cervical plates violated three Medtronic patents.
- The appeals panel upheld the jury's finding of liability but determined that the damage award was improper because Medtronic is not permitted to recover damages for lost profits or for the sale of conveyed products.
- Medtronic has yet to comment on the situation.
Feb. 24, 2015, 4:24 PM
- NuVasive (NASDAQ:NUVA): Q4 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $204.3M (+7.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.91M.
Feb. 23, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AMRS, ARC, AWAY, AWK, BBRG, BGFV, BNFT, BOOM, CBI, CENX, CLGX, CLR, CPRT, DPM, DWA, DY, DYN, EIX, EPR, EXEL, FLTX, FMI, FSLR, GB, GNMK, HEI, HEP, HLS, HPQ, HURN, HWAY, INFI, JAZZ, KONA, KRA, LC, MATX, MMSI, NDSN, NFX, NKTR, NLY, NSTG, NUVA, NYMT, ORA, PZZA, QEP, RJET, RLYP, RRC, RUBI, SAM, SGY, SLCA, SM, TNDM, TRNX, TXTR, VRSK, VVUS, WBMD, XCO, Y, ZAGG
Jan. 12, 2015, 4:13 PM
Oct. 31, 2014, 4:15 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA +3.8%) Q3 results: Revenues: $189.9M (+12.2%); Gross Profit: $142.2M (+12.9%); Operating expenses $122.8M (+12.4%); Net Loss: $(1.8M) (-124%); Loss Per Share: $(0.04) (-125%); Quick Assets: $300.5 (+22%).
- FY Guidance revised: Non-GAAP EPS $1.12; Revenue $750M (+10%); GAAP tax expense ~ $7M.
- Previously NuVasive misses by $0.06, beats on revenue
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:43 PM
- NuVasive (NASDAQ:NUVA): Q3 EPS of $0.19 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $189.92M (+12.3% Y/Y) beats by $10.6M.
Aug. 5, 2014, 12:45 PM
- Cautious overall on small caps (NYSEARCA:IWM) due to valuation concerns, Goldman's David Kostin nevertheless has a list of 25 names with market caps less than $4B which could offer at least 25% upside to his firm's price target over the next year.
- The list skews towards Consumer Discretionary - Lumber Lidquidators (LL +2.1%), Office Depot (ODP -2.4%), RetailMeNot (SALE -26.1%), Ryland (RYL +0.5%), Steven Madden (SHOO +2.7%), Vitamin Shoppe (VSI -8.2%) - and Tech - Universal Display (OLED -0.2%), Qlik Technologies (QLIK -1.6%), Proofpoint (PFPT -1.5%), Polycom (PLCM +0.2%), Nimble Storage (NMBL -0.3%), Marketo (MKTO +1.1%), Infinera (INFN +1.1%), Cornerstone Ondemand (CSOD -0.9%), GT Advanced Technology (GTAT +5.7%).
- Also included are Health Care names: Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO -1.1%), NPS Pharma (NPSP +0.7%), NuVasive (NUVA -1.8%), Synageva (GEVA -1.6%); Consumer Staples: Darling Ingredients (DAR -0.8%); Materials: Axiall (AXLL -1%), Boise Cascade (BCC -0.9%); Industrials: Granite Construction (GVA +0.7%), Financials: MGIC Investment (MTG +1.2%), Radian (RDN +1.7%).
Jul. 29, 2014, 6:33 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA -0.1%) Q2 results: Revenue: $190.7M (+15.1%); Gross Profit: $145.8M (+24.6%); Operating Expenses: $141.2M (+20.8%); Net Loss: ($4.1M) (+36.9%); Loss Per Share: ($0.09) (+40.0%); Quick Assets: $247.3M (+0.4%); CF Ops: $48.3M (+49.1%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenue: ~$745M from ~$725M; loss per share: ($0.38) from ($0.27); non-GAAP EPS: $1.11 from $1.06; non-GAAP operating margin: ~16.5% from ~16%; GAAP tax expense: ~$6.0M from ~$6.5M.
NuVasive, Inc. is a medical device company, which is focused on the design, development, and market of surgical products to treat the spine. Its products include a minimally disruptive surgical platform called Maximum Access Surgery, in addition to biologics, cervical and motion preservation... More
Industry: Medical Instruments & Supplies
Country: United States
Other News & PR