What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mar. 3, 2015, 9:38 AM
- A federal appeals court overturns a $102M jury award to Medtronic (MDT -0.8%) in a long-running patent dispute with NuVasive (NUVA +0.4%) pertaining to spinal implants.
- A jury awarded damages to Medtronic in 2011 after it found that NuVasive's CoRoent XL implants, MaXcess II and III retractors and Helix mini anterior cervical plates violated three Medtronic patents.
- The appeals panel upheld the jury's finding of liability but determined that the damage award was improper because Medtronic is not permitted to recover damages for lost profits or for the sale of conveyed products.
- Medtronic has yet to comment on the situation.
Feb. 24, 2015, 4:24 PM
- NuVasive (NASDAQ:NUVA): Q4 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $204.3M (+7.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.91M.
Feb. 23, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AMRS, ARC, AWAY, AWK, BBRG, BGFV, BNFT, BOOM, CBI, CENX, CLGX, CLR, CPRT, DPM, DWA, DY, DYN, EIX, EPR, EXEL, FLTX, FMI, FSLR, GB, GNMK, HEI, HEP, HLS, HPQ, HURN, HWAY, INFI, JAZZ, KONA, KRA, LC, MATX, MMSI, NDSN, NFX, NKTR, NLY, NSTG, NUVA, NYMT, ORA, PZZA, QEP, RJET, RLYP, RRC, RUBI, SAM, SGY, SLCA, SM, TNDM, TRNX, TXTR, VRSK, VVUS, WBMD, XCO, Y, ZAGG
Jan. 12, 2015, 4:13 PM
Oct. 31, 2014, 4:15 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA +3.8%) Q3 results: Revenues: $189.9M (+12.2%); Gross Profit: $142.2M (+12.9%); Operating expenses $122.8M (+12.4%); Net Loss: $(1.8M) (-124%); Loss Per Share: $(0.04) (-125%); Quick Assets: $300.5 (+22%).
- FY Guidance revised: Non-GAAP EPS $1.12; Revenue $750M (+10%); GAAP tax expense ~ $7M.
- Previously NuVasive misses by $0.06, beats on revenue
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:43 PM
- NuVasive (NASDAQ:NUVA): Q3 EPS of $0.19 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $189.92M (+12.3% Y/Y) beats by $10.6M.
Aug. 5, 2014, 12:45 PM
- Cautious overall on small caps (NYSEARCA:IWM) due to valuation concerns, Goldman's David Kostin nevertheless has a list of 25 names with market caps less than $4B which could offer at least 25% upside to his firm's price target over the next year.
- The list skews towards Consumer Discretionary - Lumber Lidquidators (LL +2.1%), Office Depot (ODP -2.4%), RetailMeNot (SALE -26.1%), Ryland (RYL +0.5%), Steven Madden (SHOO +2.7%), Vitamin Shoppe (VSI -8.2%) - and Tech - Universal Display (OLED -0.2%), Qlik Technologies (QLIK -1.6%), Proofpoint (PFPT -1.5%), Polycom (PLCM +0.2%), Nimble Storage (NMBL -0.3%), Marketo (MKTO +1.1%), Infinera (INFN +1.1%), Cornerstone Ondemand (CSOD -0.9%), GT Advanced Technology (GTAT +5.7%).
- Also included are Health Care names: Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO -1.1%), NPS Pharma (NPSP +0.7%), NuVasive (NUVA -1.8%), Synageva (GEVA -1.6%); Consumer Staples: Darling Ingredients (DAR -0.8%); Materials: Axiall (AXLL -1%), Boise Cascade (BCC -0.9%); Industrials: Granite Construction (GVA +0.7%), Financials: MGIC Investment (MTG +1.2%), Radian (RDN +1.7%).
Jul. 29, 2014, 6:33 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA -0.1%) Q2 results: Revenue: $190.7M (+15.1%); Gross Profit: $145.8M (+24.6%); Operating Expenses: $141.2M (+20.8%); Net Loss: ($4.1M) (+36.9%); Loss Per Share: ($0.09) (+40.0%); Quick Assets: $247.3M (+0.4%); CF Ops: $48.3M (+49.1%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenue: ~$745M from ~$725M; loss per share: ($0.38) from ($0.27); non-GAAP EPS: $1.11 from $1.06; non-GAAP operating margin: ~16.5% from ~16%; GAAP tax expense: ~$6.0M from ~$6.5M.
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:37 PM
- NuVasive (NASDAQ:NUVA): Q2 EPS of $0.28 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $190.67M (+15.1% Y/Y) beats by $13.17M.
- Shares +4.12% AH.
May 6, 2014, 1:29 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA +0.4%) settles its patent infringement case against Cadwell Laboratories. The company filed the lawsuit in December 2012 asserting Cadwell infringed on its neuromonitoring technology, including the integration of nerve monitoring technology during lateral approach spine surgery. As part of the settlement, Cadwell agrees to exit the lateral spine surgery market and to no longer provide products, services or support for lateral spine surgeries. Also, certain future Cadwell products may be required to openly attribute IP ownership to NuVasive and may include a 5% fee payable to the company.
Apr. 29, 2014, 5:05 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 4:31 PM
- NuVasive, Inc. (NUVA): Q1 EPS of $0.29 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $177.5M (+11.3% Y/Y) beats by $6.2M.
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACE, ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AFL, ANIK, ARI, AUY, AXS, AZPN, BGFV, BOOM, BXP, CALX, CAP, CEB, CEMP, CHE, CHRW, CLD, CMRE, CNQR, COLM, CRAY, DLB, DNB, DWA, EBAY, EEFT, EIX, EPR, ESRX, EZPW, FARO, FEIC, FISV, GMED, GNW, GPRE, HURN, IPHI, LOGM, MAC, MAR, MEOH, MWA, NANO, NATI, NCR, NDLS, NFX, NUVA, OHI, OI, PNRA, PRXL, REXX, RFMD, RNG, RNR, RPXC, RVBD, SIMG, SKT, SLCA, SM, STR, STX, SWI, TE, THG, TMH, TRLA, TRN, TTS, TWTR, ULTI, USNA, VNR, VPRT, VRSK, WSH, X, XCO.
Apr. 4, 2014, 7:16 AM
- The jury finds for the plaintiff in NMP's suit against NuVasive (NUVA) over the trade name "NeuroVision" and awards it $30M.
- The suit began in September 2009. After losing the first round, NUVA successfully appealed it to the Circuit Court in 2012 which remanded back to the District Court for a new trial and a new judge.
- The company intends to vigorously defend its right to use the trade name and will seek yet another trial if necessary.
Mar. 3, 2014, 4:31 PM
- NuVasive, Inc. (NUVA): Q4 EPS of $0.37 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $190.8M (+15.1% Y/Y) beats by $9.56M.
Mar. 3, 2014, 12:10 AM
NuVasive Inc is a medical device company. The Company develops minimally-disruptive surgical products and procedurally-integrated solutions for the spine. Its currently-marketed product portfolio is focused on applications for spine fusion surgery.
Other News & PR