Novavax Is Our Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows, But That No One Understands
Clinically Sound Investor • 23 Comments
Clinically Sound Investor • 23 Comments
Fri, Oct. 7, 9:14 AM
Fri, Sep. 23, 11:01 AM
Thu, Sep. 22, 9:18 AM
Wed, Sep. 21, 11:01 AM
Mon, Sep. 19, 9:16 AM
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:46 PM
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:07 PM
- C.R. Bard (NYSE:BCR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Wells Fargo.
- DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Desjardins. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $92 (1% downside risk) price target by BTIG Research.
- Alimera Sciences (NASDAQ:ALIM) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Cowen & Company.
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Goldman Sachs. Price target raised to $47 (13% downside risk) from $30.
- Akorn (NASDAQ:AKRX) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral by Piper Jaffray. Price target raised to $34 (19% upside) from $33.
- Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH) upgraded to Positive from Neutral by Susquehanna. Price target raised to $18 (66% upside).
- AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Jefferies. Price target raised to GBX 5,800 (14% upside) from GBX 5,400. Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform with a GBX 5,200 (2% upside) price target by BNP Paribas.
- McKesson (NYSE:MCK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $189 (15% upside) from $210.
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $83 (8% upside) from $90.
- Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Wedbush. Price target lowered to $2 (44% upside) from $14. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Citigroup. Price target lowered to $1.50 (8% upside) from $12. Downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan and Piper Jaffray.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RPTP) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Cowen & Company.
- Vitae Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VTAE) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by BMO Capital.
- Atara Biotherapeutics (NASDAQ:ATRA) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $16 (18% downside risk) from $23.
- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral with a GBX 1,520 (6% downside risk) price target by BNP Paribas.
- Applied Genetic Technologies (NASDAQ:AGTC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Roth Capital. Price target lowered to $12 (34% upside) from $34. Downgraded to Hold from Buy by Cantor Fitzgerald. Price target lowered to $15 (68% upside) from $32.
- Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Baird.
Fri, Sep. 16, 10:59 AM
Fri, Sep. 16, 9:16 AM
Thu, Sep. 15, 5:01 PM
- Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) has tanked after hours, losing 84.4% of its value, after it pointed to disappointing data from two vaccine trials.
- Topline data from the Resolve Phase 3 trial didn't meet the efficacy objectives (primary or secondary) the company had set.
- Data from the Phase 2 rollover trial suggested improved vaccine efficacy from a second year of dosing.
- The after-hours move would wipe $1.8B of market value out at the drugmaker.
- The company's holding a conference call in a few minutes, at 5 p.m. ET.
Fri, Aug. 26, 9:13 AM
Tue, Aug. 9, 4:11 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, APPS, ARWR, ATHX, AXAS, BW, CALL, CDXS, CHMI, CIVI, CLNE, CRME, CVCO, CYBR, DHT, DIOD, DIS, DPLO, EPIQ, EVRI, FENG, FF, FLTX, FOGO, FOSL, FTEK, GALE, HALO, HCKT, HLIT, HWAY, INFI, INWK, IPAR, JAZZ, KEYW, LITE, LSCC, MCHX, MDVN, MYGN, MYL, NH, NVAX, OMED, OMER, PCTY, PEN, PSIX, PTLA, QNST, RELY, RTK, SCTY, SEDG, SGRY, SPPI, SPWR, TAHO, TCS, TTGT, VRNS, VSAT, WAGE, XON, XONE, YELP, YRD, YUME, ZGNX, ZIOP
Wed, May 25, 9:20 AM
Wed, May 25, 8:18 AM
- Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) is up 5% premarket on increased volume in response to its announcement that the FDA has designated its RSV F-Protein nanoparticle vaccine candidate for the protection of patients at least 60 years of age for Fast Track review.
- According to the company, about 16K older Americans die of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection each year with ~900K medical interventions resulting in total economic burden of ~$28B.
- Fast Track status allows for more frequent interactions with the FDA review team and a rolling review of the New Drug Application (NDA).
Tue, May 24, 7:05 AM
- The FDA approves Holly Springs, NC-based Seqirus' FLUCELVAX QUADRIVALENT, the firs four-strain, cell culture-derived, inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine for people at least four year old. The vaccine helps protect individuals against two influenza A and two B viruses for the current flu season.
- The traditional flu vaccine is trivalent, consisting of two influenza A viruses and one influenza B strain, although Sanofi's (NYSE:SNY) quadrivalent flu vaccine was approved by the FDA in December 2014 for use in adults.
- Each year, about 200K Americans are hospitalized due to flu complications.
- Seqirus was created in July 2015 when bioCSL and Novartis' (NYSE:NVS) influenza vaccines business combined, creating the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world. Novartis sold the business to Australian blood products firm CSL Ltd. in October 2014 for $275M.
- Related tickers: (NYSE:GSK)(NASDAQ:NVAX)(NASDAQ:SVA)(NYSEMKT:HEB)