Novavax Is Our Favorite Idea That Everyone Knows, But That No One Understands
Clinically Sound Investor • 23 Comments
Clinically Sound Investor • 23 Comments
Thu, Nov. 10, 12:43 PM
- Gainers: TUBE +81%. DRYS +61%. ECPG +29%. EBIO +26%. WAC +19%. GNK +19%. FONR +19%. KRNT +19%. MVIS +18%. CLMT +16%. OMER +18%. GSM +17%. INVE +16%. ZLTQ +16%. SHAK +17%. CLCD +15%. TDW +15%. NEOS +14%. SODA +15%. TRVN +14%.
- Losers: ANTH -36%. PMTS -34%. CAG -29%. AVID -27%. RPD -25%. SUNW -22%. HLIT -20%. NVAX -18%. URRE -17%. TROV -16%. GOL -16%. DPRX -16%. RTK -16%. CRMD -16%. HSGX -15%. WUBA -15%. SGNL -15%. QNST -15%. CZZ -13%.
Thu, Nov. 10, 11:01 AM
Thu, Nov. 10, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: TUBE +82%. SODA +18%. AHT +11%. AEG +10%. ZLTQ +10%. NAT +9%. TASR +9%. MTL +9%. SHAK +8%. KSS +8%. EBIO +8%. UBS +8%. PUK +7%. FCEL +8%. ARIA +6%. FCX +6%. RBS +6%. ENDP +6%. BCS +6%. CS +5%.
- Losers: SUNW -31%. ANTH -19%. BVX -14%. NVAX -11%. WUBA -11%. BBD -8%. SEDG -7%. RRR -6%. AZN -6%. VIV -6%. SBS -5%. NGG -5%.
Wed, Nov. 9, 4:48 PM
- On the heels of the failed Phase 3 Resolve study of its RSV F-Protein nanoparticle vaccine candidate, Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) cuts about 30% of its employees. It has also instituted cost-saving measures in R&D, administration, capex and pre-commercialization activities. Management says it expects to reduce cash burn by $70M - 100M next year compared to this year.
- A one-time restructuring charge of $3M - 4M will be recorded this quarter.
- Shares are off 13% after hours on robust volume.
- Previously: Novavax slides 84% as vaccine trials disappoint (Sept. 15)
Wed, Nov. 9, 4:25 PM
Tue, Nov. 8, 5:35 PM
- APPS, APU, ATHX, ATO, CALL, CHMI, COTV, CPST, CSRA, CUI, CYTX, DIOD, ECPG, ECYT, EGAN, ENS, ETE, ETP, EVH, EVOK, EVRI, FF, FLO, FR, GALE, GDOT, GLF, HLIT, ICUI, INFI, JUNO, MACK, MIME, MNKD, MNTX, MRIN, MYL, NNI, NTES, NVAX, OMER, PAHC, PLKI, PRI, QHC, QNST, RBA, RELY, RPD, RTK, SEDG, SGRY, SHAK, SLF, SLW, SPTN, SPWR, SREV, SUN, SXL, TASR, TCRD, TCS, TPIC, TTEC, TTEK, TTGT, TUBE, UGI, UHAL, VRTU, VVUS, WAGE, WUBA, XON, XONE, YUME, ZLTQ
Fri, Nov. 4, 3:38 PM
- The major averages are flat, but the XLV is higher by 1%, and the IBB by 2.15% as pharmaceutical names rebound from yesterday's plunge.
- Sending the stocks down was word of charges about to come from the government following a two-year antitrust probe, but public outrage goes with the territory, says Zacks' Tracey Ryniec, noting the prices - with some at just four or five times earnings - are getting seriously cheap.
- Among those moving today: Endo International (ENDP +1.8%), Perrigo (PRGO +3%), Mylan (MYL +2.6%), Allergan (AGN +3.4%), Cara (CARA +23.8%), PTC (PTCT +20%), Novavax (NVAX +18.9%), Flex (FLKS +14.5%), Cerus (CERS +14.9%), LifePoint (LPNT +2.9%), and Halyard Health (HYH +3.2%).
Fri, Nov. 4, 12:58 PM
Fri, Oct. 7, 9:14 AM
Fri, Sep. 23, 11:01 AM
Thu, Sep. 22, 9:18 AM
Wed, Sep. 21, 11:01 AM
Mon, Sep. 19, 9:16 AM
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:46 PM
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:07 PM
- C.R. Bard (NYSE:BCR) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Wells Fargo.
- DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Desjardins. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $92 (1% downside risk) price target by BTIG Research.
- Alimera Sciences (NASDAQ:ALIM) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Cowen & Company.
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Goldman Sachs. Price target raised to $47 (13% downside risk) from $30.
- Akorn (NASDAQ:AKRX) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral by Piper Jaffray. Price target raised to $34 (19% upside) from $33.
- Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH) upgraded to Positive from Neutral by Susquehanna. Price target raised to $18 (66% upside).
- AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Jefferies. Price target raised to GBX 5,800 (14% upside) from GBX 5,400. Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform with a GBX 5,200 (2% upside) price target by BNP Paribas.
- McKesson (NYSE:MCK) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $189 (15% upside) from $210.
- Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $83 (8% upside) from $90.
- Novavax (NASDAQ:NVAX) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Wedbush. Price target lowered to $2 (44% upside) from $14. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Citigroup. Price target lowered to $1.50 (8% upside) from $12. Downgraded to Neutral from Overweight by JPMorgan and Piper Jaffray.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RPTP) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Cowen & Company.
- Vitae Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VTAE) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by BMO Capital.
- Atara Biotherapeutics (NASDAQ:ATRA) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Goldman Sachs. Price target lowered to $16 (18% downside risk) from $23.
- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral with a GBX 1,520 (6% downside risk) price target by BNP Paribas.
- Applied Genetic Technologies (NASDAQ:AGTC) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Roth Capital. Price target lowered to $12 (34% upside) from $34. Downgraded to Hold from Buy by Cantor Fitzgerald. Price target lowered to $15 (68% upside) from $32.
- Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Baird.
Fri, Sep. 16, 10:59 AM