Jan. 29, 2014, 2:39 AM
- Novartis's (NVS) Q4 adjusted EPS dropped 3% to $1.20 and missed consensus by $0.08, affected by currency fluctuations.
- Net income increased to $2.06B from $2.02B and also fell short of forecasts of $2.4B.
- Sales rose 2% to $15.08B and almost met expectations of $15.09B, with revenue lifted by recently-launched products and strong sales in China and Russia.
- Novartis projected that 2014 sales will grow by a low- to mid-single-digit percentage in constant currencies, assuming that a competitor to the company's blockbuster blood-pressure drug Diovan is launched at the start of Q2.
- Novartis also predicted that core operating income will rise more than sales
- Sales breakdown: pharmaceutical division +1% to $8.3B; Alcon eye-care unit +3% to $2.7B
- Proposes dividend of 2.45 Swiss francs ($2.72) per share for 2014, up 7%. (PR)
Nov. 22, 2013, 4:24 AM
- Novartis (NVS) intends to buy back $5B in stock over two years, the company said ahead of an investor day.
- The pharmaceutical company will also "allocate capital to its strong and growing dividend" and for bolt-on acquisitions.
- Novartis reiterated that it's considering its options for non-core operations that don't have the scale to become global leaders.
- The firm expects to achieve 3-4% in productivity gains per year through 2015.
- Novartis intends to expand in faster-growing fields such as skin and heart diseases, and it believes that its line of cancer drugs - along with the associated sales - will grow annually for the next five years.
- Novartis expects to start Phase III trials of its LEE011 pill for breast cancer next month. The treatment would rival Pfizer's (PFE) Palbociclib, which is already in Phase III testing and is seen as a potential blockbuster.
- Shares are +2.2% in Zurich. (PR)
Novartis AG develops, manufactures, and markets healthcare products. It operates through the following segments: Pharmaceuticals, Alcon, Sandoz, Vaccines & Diagnostics, and Consumer Health. The Pharmaceuticals segment provides patent-protected prescription medicines. The Alcon segment offers... More
Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Major
Other News & PR