Newell Brands Inc.NYSE
Thu, Dec. 8, 7:30 AM
- Philip van Doorn and team at Marketwatch put together a list of 18 S&P 500 names with consensus sell-side price targets at least 30% above the current price.
- Ten of the 18 stocks are in healthcare, which has been roughed up by a combination of Obamacare, Clinton's talk about drug pricing (back when all thought she would be the next POTUS), and now Trump joining in the bashing.
- The list (in order of possible upside): Mallinckrodt PLC (NYSE:MNK) - 56% potential upside, Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP) - 52% upside, Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) - 45% upside, Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW) - 44% upside, Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) - 42% upside, Allergan (NYSE:AGN) - 39% upside, Alexion (NASDAQ:ALXN) - 37% upside, Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) - 35% upside, Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) 34% upside, NRG Energy (NYSE:NRG) - 34% upside, Centene (NYSE:CNC) 34% upside, Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD) 33% upside, Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) 32% upside, Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) - 32% upside, Pitney owes (NYSE:PBI) - 32% upside, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) - 30% upside, Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) - 30% upside, Zimmer Bioment (NYSE:ZBH) - 30% upside.
Thu, Nov. 10, 8:24 AM
Tue, Nov. 8, 9:35 AM
- Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) trades higher after Raymond James upgrades the stock to Strong Buy from Outperform.
- The investment firm boosts its price target on Newell to $57.
- Newell beat profit estimates with its Q3 report. The Jarden acquisition continues to become a bigger part of the bottom line story.
Fri, Oct. 28, 6:33 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 5:30 PM
Wed, Oct. 12, 8:52 AM
- RBC Capital keeps a Top Pick rating on Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) after factoring in the company's sale of its tool business to Stanley Black & Decker.
- Analyst Nik Modi says Newell could potentially offset the EPS dilution through accelerated synergy realization and bolt-on M&A.
- Newell +1.51% premarket to $51.10 vs. a 52-week trading range of $33.26 to $55.45.
- Previously: Stanley Black & Decker lands Newell's tool business (Oct. 12)
Wed, Oct. 12, 6:54 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK) announces it acquired the tool business of Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) for $1.95B.
- The company expects the transaction to result in annual cost synergies of approximately $80M to $90M by the third year after closing.
- The acquisition is seen adding $0.15 to EPS the first year after the deal closes.
- The company anticipates the deal will close in the first half of 2017.
- SWL +0.54% premarket to $118.30.
Tue, Oct. 4, 8:35 AM
- Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) announced a series of significant changes after undergoing a strategic review of its business following the merger with Jarden.
- The company says its will transform from a holding company to an operating entity and simplify its structure by consolidating 32 existing business units to 16 operating divisions, including the creation of a global enterprise-wide e-commerce division.
- The new strategy also includes selling a number of businesses and using the proceeds to pay down debt and create a platform for future M&A.
- Source: Press Release
Mon, Sep. 26, 9:10 AM
Mon, Sep. 19, 9:49 AM
Tue, Sep. 6, 7:17 AM
- Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) reaffirms 2016 guidance for core sales growth of 3% to 4% and EPS of $2.75 to $2.90. The sales forecast includes the impact of planned product exit lines, but excludes F/X swings.
- The guidance update comes ahead of a presentation by CEO Michael Polk this afternoon at the Barclays Global Consumer Staples Conference.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, Aug. 11, 8:14 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 8:16 AM
- July monthly performance was: +4.18%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: -7%
- No dividends were paid in July
- Top 10 Holdings as of 3/31/2016: Apple Inc (AAPL): 1.99548%, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd ADR (TEVA): 1.87105%, Newell Brands Inc (NWL): 1.84351%, Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD): 1.73578%, Sky PLC (OTCQX:BSYBF): 1.71062%, CGI Group Inc Class A (GIB): 1.69257%, Mattel Inc (MAT): 1.67955%, Amcor Ltd (OTC:AMCRF): 1.61314%, WH Group Ltd (OTC:WHGRF): 1.57211%, Dollar General Corp (DG): 1.52508%
Fri, Jul. 29, 6:48 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) reports core sales growth of 5% in Q2.
- Segment revenue growth: Writing: $547.4M (+15.8%, Core sales: +11.3%); Home Solutions: $433.5M (-1.1%, Core sales: +1.7%); Tools: $197.4M (-3.8%, Core sales: -2.3%); Commercial Products: $194M (-7.9%, Core sales: -1.4%); Baby & Parenting: $236.9M (+12.4%, Core sales: +11.1%); Branded Consumables: $777.3M; Consumer Solutions: $406.6M; Outdoor Solutions: $953.4M; Process Solutions: $85.1M.
- Normalized gross margin squeezed 280 bps to 37.2%.
- Normalized operating margin rate fell 20 bps to 15.8%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Core sales: +3% to +4%; Normalized EPS: $2.75 to $2.90; Weighted average diluted share count: ~430M; Tax rate: 29% to 30%.
Fri, Jul. 29, 6:32 AM
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM