Thu, Mar. 17, 8:05 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) announces it will sell its Levolor and Kirsch window coverings brands to Hunter Douglas for $270M.
- The transaction is expected to close before the end of the year.
- The asset sales falls in line with Newell's plan to focus on the parts of its portfolio with the most global growth upside.
Dec. 14, 2015, 7:12 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) and Jarden (NYSE:JAH) agree to merge in a cash and stock deal.
- Jarden shareholders will receive $21 cash and 0.862 of a share of Newell Rubbermaid stock per Jarden share held.
- The transaction is expected to generate $500M in incremental cost synergies over the first four years after closing.
- Previously: Merger talk between Jarden and Newell Rubbermaid reported (Dec. 07 2015)
Dec. 7, 2015, 3:55 PM
Oct. 5, 2015, 9:18 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) buys the Elmer's glue business for $600M.
- Elmer's Products expects sales for the calendar year of $240M.
- Newell expects the deal to accretive to earnings in 2016.
Mar. 24, 2015, 4:53 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 10:58 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NWL -1%) says it acquired Baby Jogger Holdings from a P-E firm for ~$210M.
- The company plans to finance the deal through organic cash flow and current borrowing lines.
- Baby Jogger is on track to have $90M in revenue this year.
Oct. 17, 2014, 9:19 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) acquires In Zone Holdings subsidiary bubba brands for an undisclosed amount.
- The beverage container business is on pace to generate sales of $50M this year.
- The company plans to issue more details on the transaction during its Q3 earnings call on October 31.
Jul. 21, 2014, 9:40 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NWL +0.2%) agrees to acquire Ignite Holdings, marketer of Contigo and Avex on-the-go thermal and hydration beverage container brands, from P-E firm North Castle Partners for $308M.
- NWL expects Ignite to deliver $125M of net sales in 2014 and cites Ignite's 35% compound annual sales growth rate during the past four years.
- NWL expects the acquisition to be accretive to its growth rate and normalized EPS in the first year.
Jul. 5, 2011, 8:42 AM
Newell Rubbermaid, Inc. is engaged in the marketing of consumer and commercial products that help people flourish every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Its brands include Rubbermaid, Graco, Aprica, Levolor, Calphalon, Goody, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, Parker, Waterman, Irwin and... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Housewares & Accessories
Country: United States
Other News & PR