Newell Brands Inc.NYSE
Thu, Mar. 17, 8:05 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) announces it will sell its Levolor and Kirsch window coverings brands to Hunter Douglas for $270M.
- The transaction is expected to close before the end of the year.
- The asset sales falls in line with Newell's plan to focus on the parts of its portfolio with the most global growth upside.
Dec. 14, 2015, 7:12 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) and Jarden (NYSE:JAH) agree to merge in a cash and stock deal.
- Jarden shareholders will receive $21 cash and 0.862 of a share of Newell Rubbermaid stock per Jarden share held.
- The transaction is expected to generate $500M in incremental cost synergies over the first four years after closing.
- Previously: Merger talk between Jarden and Newell Rubbermaid reported (Dec. 07 2015)
Dec. 7, 2015, 3:55 PM
Oct. 5, 2015, 9:18 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) buys the Elmer's glue business for $600M.
- Elmer's Products expects sales for the calendar year of $240M.
- Newell expects the deal to accretive to earnings in 2016.
Mar. 24, 2015, 4:53 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 10:58 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NWL -1%) says it acquired Baby Jogger Holdings from a P-E firm for ~$210M.
- The company plans to finance the deal through organic cash flow and current borrowing lines.
- Baby Jogger is on track to have $90M in revenue this year.
Oct. 17, 2014, 9:19 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) acquires In Zone Holdings subsidiary bubba brands for an undisclosed amount.
- The beverage container business is on pace to generate sales of $50M this year.
- The company plans to issue more details on the transaction during its Q3 earnings call on October 31.
Jul. 21, 2014, 9:40 AM
- Newell Rubbermaid (NWL +0.2%) agrees to acquire Ignite Holdings, marketer of Contigo and Avex on-the-go thermal and hydration beverage container brands, from P-E firm North Castle Partners for $308M.
- NWL expects Ignite to deliver $125M of net sales in 2014 and cites Ignite's 35% compound annual sales growth rate during the past four years.
- NWL expects the acquisition to be accretive to its growth rate and normalized EPS in the first year.
Jul. 5, 2011, 8:42 AM