Today, 2:27 PM
- NRG Energy (NRG -10.5%) and NRG Yield (NYLD -13.7%) are sharply lower after reporting disappointing Q2 results (I, II), with earnings and revenues well below expectations; NYLD also lowered forward guidance, citing low wind production and fewer residential solar leases.
- NYLD cut guidance for 2015 adjusted EBITDA to $660M from $690M and 2015 cash available for distribution to $160M from $195M, while also making the "surprising assertion" that it does not expect the change to have any effect on its current dividend or long-term dividend growth.
- NYLD says it is targeting a $0.25/share quarterly dividend by Q4 2016, a 19% increase over the current rate and a 67% increase since its first post-IPO dividend in Q4 2013.
Today, 6:45 AM
Fri, May 8, 7:02 AM
Thu, May 7, 5:30 PM
Fri, Feb. 27, 7:06 AM
Thu, Feb. 26, 5:30 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 7:09 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:50 AM
- NRG Energy (NRG -0.6%) opens lower after posting a Q2 loss, as higher operating costs and expenses masked an increase in revenue.
- NRG reported a Q2 loss of $0.30/share, down from earnings of $0.37 in Q2 2013 and missing the consensus analyst estimate of $0.15, if comparable.
- NRG's retail, renewables and corporate segments all reported losses for the quarter, but its wholesale business and NRG Yield (NYLD -3%) posted profits.
- Q2 operating revenue jumped 24% Y/Y to $3.62B, but operating costs and expenses surged 34% to $3.53B.
- Reaffirms FY 2014 guidance for adjusted EBITDA of $3.2B-$3.4B and free cash flow before growth investments of $1.2B-$1.4B.
- NRG also says it is reorganizing the company to focus more on the industry's high-growth segments, and announces a pollution reduction plan for its four Illinois coal-fired generating plants.
Aug. 7, 2014, 7:53 AM
May 6, 2014, 9:47 AM
- NRG Energy (NRG +1.9%) opens strong after reporting a sharply reduced Q1 loss on soaring revenue that far outpaced market expectations, and agreeing to a drop-down of assets to NRG Yield (NYLD -0.2%) for $349M cash and the assumption of $657M in project debt.
- The deal consists of two solar facilities and a fast-start, gas-fired facility in California.
- NRG also raises its FY 2014 guidance, seeing adjusted EBITDA of $3.2B-$3.4B vs. its prior view of $2.7B-$2.9B; also raises its free cash flow outlook to $1.2B-$1.4B from $950M-$1.15B.
Feb. 28, 2014, 7:25 AM
NYLD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR