New York Mortgage Trust, Inc.NASDAQ
Tue, Nov. 1, 4:18 PM
- Q3 net income of $20M or $0.18 per share vs. $11.2M and $0.10 in Q2. Dividend is $0.24.
- Book value per share of $6.34 down $0.04 from three months earlier. Today's close of $5.77 is a 9% discount to book.
- Economic return for the quarter of $0.20, or 12.5% annualized.
- Continued portfolio transition to one increasingly focused on multi-family and residential credit assets, with $75.7M of purchases of non-agency MBS backed by distresses loans, and originating $32.4M in multifamily preferred investments, while cutting agency MBS holdings by 9%.
- Conference call tomorrow at 9 ET
- Previously: New York Mortgage Trust EPS in-line (Nov. 1)
- NYMT flat after hours
Tue, Nov. 1, 4:17 PM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AFG, AGII, AMSG, BFAM, BGFV, BIO, BLKB, BYD, CACC, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAVM, CERN, CHSP, CHUY, CIM, CNO, CSU, CUZ, CYH, DATA, DEI, DENN, DNB, DV, DVN, DXCM, EA, EIX, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ES, ESIO, ETSY, EXTR, FARO, FIVN, FLT, FRPT, FTAI, FTR, GHDX, GILD, HLF, HRZN, HURN, HWAY, HY, ICFI, ILMN, IPHI, JCOM, JIVE, KFRC, KS, LOCK, MOD, MTCH, MTDR, MTW, MXWL, MYGN, NBL, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMED, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PDM, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PRTA, PXD, QUAD, QUOT, REG, RGR, RIGL, RNR, RPAI, RPT, RSPP, SANM, SBAC, SHO, SM, SQ, TCO, TNAV, TNDM, TNET, TRMB, TRNC, TRUP, TSE, TSRA, TTOO, TXRH, ULTI, VECO, VIAV, VRSK, WBMD, WES, WGP, WING, WR, WSTC, WTR, WU, X, XCO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZG
Mon, Oct. 10, 12:36 PM
- Hovde group initiates research on Sterling Bancorp STL +0.8% with an outperform rating and set a PT of $20.00.
- FBR & Co. initiates New York Mortgage Trust NYMT +0.2% with a market perform rating and set a PT of $6.25.
- Oppenheimer Holdings downgrades Ameriprise Financial Services (NYSE:AMP) +0.6% to underweight.
- Nomura downgrades Fifth Third Bancorp FITB -0.02% to Reduce from Neutral and PNC Financial Services Group (NYSE:PNC) +0.3% to Neutral from Buy.
- Piper Jaffray downgrades Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ:ZION) +0.6% to Neutral from overweight.
Thu, Sep. 15, 4:14 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 1:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 10:52 AM
- Cutting his 2016-2016 EPS estimates to $0.50, $0.65, and $0.75, respectively, from $0.70, $0.85, and $0.90, respectively, analyst Doug Harter notes continued low visibility into earnings given that estimates rely on realized and unrealized gains.
- Q2's EPS of $0.10 was $0.07 below the Street, but $0.09 lower than Harter's estimate. Excluding realized and unrealized gains of $0.07, EPS of $0.03 missed his estimate by $0.04.
- He reiterates an Underperform rating with $5.50 price target.
- Douglas Harter ranks #2,030 out of #4,071 analysts on TipRanks.
- NYMT -8.2% to $5.95.
- Previously: "New trading paradigm" hampers New York Mortgage results (Aug. 2)
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:44 PM
- Q2 net income of $11.2M or $0.10 per share vs. $13.7M and $0.13 one year ago. Dividend is $0.24.
- Book value per share of $6.38 slips from $6.49 three months earlier. Today's close of $6.48 is a modest premium to book.
- Economic return for the quarter of $0.13 per share, or roughly 8% annualized.
- Company took continued steps to focus on credit, purchasing $98M of distressed residential securities and $15M of Freddie Mac K Series CMBS, while reducing net capital allocated to agency RMBS by about 11%.
- Quiet trading volumes. however, are lengthening the time frame to put capital to work in desired asset classes, hampering earnings.
- CC tomorrow at 9 ET
- Previously: New York Mortgage Trust misses by $0.08 (Aug. 2)
- NYMT flat after hours
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:31 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Wed, Jun. 22, 1:01 PM
Thu, Jun. 16, 5:26 PM
Wed, Jun. 15, 3:20 PM
- Fed Funds futures markets are pricing in just a 50% chance of a rate hike in 2016 after the FOMC stayed on hold in June and cut its expectations for future moves higher in interest rates.
- The mREITs (REM +0.7%) are up just modestly, but all higher now than they were prior to the FOMC news.
- Annaly Capital (NLY +0.6%), American Capital Agency (AGNC +0.9%), Armour (ARR +1.4%), CYS Investments (CYS +1%), New York Mortgage (NYMT +1.4%), Capstead Mortgage (CMO +1.1%).
- ETFs: MORL, REM, MORT
Fri, Jun. 10, 8:21 AM
Wed, Jun. 1, 4:36 PM
- New York Mortgage Trust (NASDAQ:NYMT) President Kevin Donlon purchased about $1.2M worth of stock yesterday, picking up 203.4K shares at roughly $5.92 each.
- NYMT is up nearly 50% from the lows hit in late February, but at today's close of $5.99 was at a 7.7% discount to March 31 book value.
- Shares +1.7% after hours to $6.09.
Tue, May 3, 4:10 PM
- Q1 net income of $13.7M or $0.13 per share vs. $1M and $0.01 in Q4, $22.4M and $0.20 the quarter before that. Dividend is $0.24.
- Book value per share of $6.49 vs. $6.54 three months ago. Today's close was $5.07, a 22% discount to book.
- Economic return for the quarter of $0.19, or 11.6% annualized.
- Company today agreed to buy the 80% of RiverBanc LLC it doesn't already own for $24M in cash. RivrBanc is an investment management firm with $400M of direct and indirect investments in multifamily properties. It's CEO Kevin Donlon will become president of New York Mortgage Trust (NASDAQ:NYMT) as part of the deal.
- Conference call at 9 ET
- Previously: New York Mortgage Trust misses by $0.04 (May 3)
- Shares flat AH