Realty Income CorporationNYSE
Wed, Oct. 12, 6:22 AM
Tue, Oct. 4, 4:29 PM
- Chatter of the ECB's plan to begin tapering monthly bond purchases sent interest rates sharply higher today, and REITs sharply lower.
- The 10-year Treasury yield gained 6.3 basis points to 1.688%.
- The mortgage REITs (REM -2.2%): Annaly (NLY -3.1%), Armour (ARR -1.2%), Two Harbors (TWO -2.9%), Chimera (CIM -3.9%), CYS (CYS -2.4%), Invesco (IVR -3%), Western Asset (WMC -2.8%), MFA Financial (MFA -2.7%), AG Mortgage (MITT -3.1%)
- Equity REITs (VNQ -1.4%): Realty Income (O -2.6%), WellTower (HCN -2.6%), HCP (HCP -2%), Vereit (VER -2.3%), Equity Residential (EQR -0.9%), Simon Property (SPG -1.5%), Public Storage (PSA -1.8%), Government Properties (GOV -2.7%), Gramercy Property (GPT -2.2%), Stag Industrial (STAG -3%)
- ETFs: VNQ, IYR, MORL, REM, MORT, DRN, RQI, URE, SCHH, ICF, RWR, SRS, RNP, RFI, JRS, KBWY, NRO, DRV, RIT, RIF, REK, DRA, FRI, FTY, FREL, LRET, PSR, WREI, XLRE, IARAX
Thu, Sep. 29, 7:08 AM
Mon, Sep. 26, 3:26 PM
- A 1.55% decline in Europe amid worries over the financial condition of Deutsche Bank has helped send the U.S. averages lower by 0.85%, and Treasury yields to their slimmest this month. At the short end, traders are cutting bets on the chance of a rate hike at any point in 2016.
- Fading that negative action are the REITs, with the Vanguard REIT Index Fund (NYSEARCA:VNQ) higher by 0.3% and the iShares U.S. Real Estate ETF (NYSEARCA:IYR) up 0.2%. The iShares Mortgage REIT ETF (NYSEARCA:REM) is also up 0.2%.
- Among individual issues: Annaly Capital (NLY +0.8%), American Capital Agency (AGNC +0.7%), Realty Income (O +1.1%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +1%), HCP (HCP +0.8%), Aimco (AIV +1.7%), Simon Property (SPG +0.5%), Kimco (KIM +0.8%), Public Storage (PSA +0.9%), Stag Industrial (STAG +0.5%)
Tue, Aug. 16, 10:59 AM
- The major averages are off just modestly, but the Vanguard REIT Index Fund (NYSEARCA:VNQ) is lower by 1% as FRBNY boss Bill Dudley hit the tape this morning suggesting the possibility of a September rate hike and telling markets they're not being aggressive enough in pricing in Fed monetary tightening.
- Fed Funds futures are currently pointing to about a 50% chance of one rate hike this year, and barely pricing in any Fed moves next year.
- On tap for REITs this month is their move out of the financial sector and into their own separate sector classification.
- A few names today: Kimco (KIM -1.7%), Realty Income (O -2.1%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -1.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW -1.2%), W.P. Carey (WPC -1.7%), Aimco (AIV -1.4%), Simon Property (SPG -1.1%), Public Storage (PSA -0.7%), Government Properties (GOV -1%), Boston Properties (BXP -1.2%), Stag Industrial (STAG -1.2%)
- ETFs: VNQ, IYR, DRN, RQI, URE, SCHH, ICF, RWR, SRS
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:51 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:32 PM
- Q2 adjusted FFO of $180.9M or $0.71 per share vs. $159.1M and $0.68 one year ago. Dividend run rate is $0.60. A 1% increase is set for September.
- Invested $310.3M in 57 new properties and properties under development or expansion. Full-year acquisition guidance is boosted to $1.25B from $900M.
- Same-store rents up 1.4% Y/Y.
- Full-year AFFO guidance per share is guided to $2.85-$2.90, up 4-5.8% over 2015.
- Conference call tomorrow at 2:30 ET
- Previously: Realty Income misses by $0.01, misses on revenue (July 27)
- O flat after hours
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:22 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Wed, Jul. 13, 6:08 AM
Mon, Jun. 27, 3:20 PM
- There's plenty of green in the REIT space today, with the IYR off just 0.25% (vs. the S&P 500's 2% decline). Helping is the continuing plunge in interest rates, with the 10-year yield at 1.46% within seven basis points of an all-time low.
- Among the gainers are Realty Income (O +1.7%), National Retail Properties (NNN +1%), Senior Housing (SNH +2.2%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +0.9%), AvalonBay (AVB +1.1%), Kimco (KIM +1.3%), Tanger Factory (SKT +1.9%), and Public Storage (PSA +3.8%).
- Lodging REITs, however, are dependent on a steady stream of overseas tourist money, and the dollar's continued surge vs. everything not named the yen promises to crimp foreign visits. Ashford (AHT -6.6%), Sunstone (SHO -4.8%), LaSalle (LHO -4.1%), Pebblebrook (PEB -4.2%), Chesapeake (CHSP -3.3%), Host (HT -6.7%), DiamondRock (DRH -4.8%), Apple (APLE -2.9%), FelCor (FCH -5.4%).
Fri, Jun. 24, 10:30 AM
- A sharp drop in long-term rates and vanquished expectations for even one rate hike this year has income players bidding up the prices of utility stocks (XLU +0.7%) and certain REITs even as the major average fall more than 2% post-Brexit.
- A check of Fed Funds futures finds traders not fully pricing in a 25 basis point rate hike until 2018!
- The mortgage REIT sector (REM +0.5%) welcomes the news, with players like Annaly (NLY +1.7%), American Capital Agency (AGNC +1.1%), Two Harbors (TWO +1.7%), and Chimera (CIM +1.3%) leading the way. Western Asset Mortgage (WMC -0.8%) is a laggard after slashing its dividend by more than 30% last night.
- Equity REITs are decidedly mixed. Retail names like Realty Income (O +2.4%), National Retail (NNN +2%), and Vereit (VER +0.9%) are higher, as are healthcare players like HCP (HCP +1.2%) and Medical Properties Trust (MPW +0.1). Apartment REITs are mostly lower, as are mall operators like Simon Property (SPG -0.8%) and General Growth (GGP -0.7%).
- The dollar is surging post-Brexit, however, and that's taking a chunk out of the hotel REITs: Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.5%), Sunstone Hotel (SHO -2.7%), LaSalle (LHO -3.8%), Pebblebrook (PEB -2.4%), RLJ Lodging (RLJ -2.5%).
- ETFs: XLU, UTG, IDU, VPU, GUT, BUI, FUTY, RYU, UPW, FXU, PUI, SDP, PSCU, FUGAX, UTLF, JHMU, VNQ, IYR, DRN, RQI, URE, SCHH, ICF, RWR, SRS, RNP, RFI
Tue, Jun. 14, 11:02 PM
Thu, May 19, 10:16 AM| Thu, May 19, 10:16 AM | 11 Comments
Wed, May 18, 2:42 PM
- The yield on these income-producers may be about to face some more competition as the FOMC minutes suggest a June rate hike is on the way. The IYR is now lower by 2.2%.
- Individual names: Realty Income (O -3.2%), Welltower (HCN -4.1%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -3.3%), HCP (HCP -3.5%), Medical Properties (MPW -3.3%), Vereit (VER -3.5%), Equity Residential (EQR -1.2%), AvalonBay (AVB -1.8%), SilverBay Realty (SBY -1%), Public Storage (PSA -2.2%), Boston Properties (BXP -3.1%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -2.2%), Pebblebrook Hotel (PEB -3.8%), Stag Industrial (STAG -2.2%)
- ETFs: VNQ, IYR, DRN, RQI, URE, SCHH, ICF, RWR, SRS, RNP, RFI, JRS, KBWY, NRO, DRV, RIT, RIF, REK, FRI, DRA, FTY, FREL, LRET, PSR, WREI, XLRE, IARAX
- Previously: Mortgage REITs dive on FOMC surprise (May 18)
Tue, May 17, 4:28 PM