Oct. 21, 2015, 8:04 AM
- Adjusted earnings of $113M, or $0.96 per diluted share vs. $73M, or $0.62 per diluted share in the same period a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Composites +2%; Insulation +11%; Roofing +6%.
- Repurchased 1.1M shares for $47M.
- The company now expects full-year adjusted EBIT at or above the high end of its $460M-$500M guidance range.
- OC +6.9% premarket
- Q3 results
Jul. 22, 2015, 8:29 AM
- Adjusted earnings of $93M, or $0.79 per diluted share vs. $45M, or $0.38 per diluted share in the same period a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Composites +1%; Insulation +1%; Roofing +15%.
- Repurchased 0.7M shares for $28M.
- The company expects full-year adjusted EBIT between $460M-$500M.
- OC +1.8% premarket
- Q2 results
Jun. 22, 2015, 10:07 AM
Mar. 20, 2015, 3:23 PM
- Owens Corning (OC +6.8%) is upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight with a $48 price target, raised from $41, at Barclays, which says it has become increasingly convinced that the setup for the asphalt shingle market heading into the spring is the strongest in years and provides added confidence that OC's 2015 earnings can meaningfully exceed consensus estimates.
- Barclays believes shingle pricing will remain stable in 2015, which marks a significant inflection point after years of competitive gyrations and failed pricing attempts.
Feb. 12, 2015, 8:20 AM
- Despite posting a 5.8% rise in adjusted earnings yesterday, Owens Corning (NYSE:OC) has been hit with several downgrades.
- FBR Capital has downgraded its rating on the stock to Market Perform from Outperform citing near-term headwinds in the company's roofing segment following its Q4 results. The firm also lowered its price target for shares to $39 from $40.
- Owens was also downgraded this morning at MKM Partners to Sell.
- OC -1.5% premarket
Jul. 24, 2014, 10:38 AM| Jul. 24, 2014, 10:38 AM
Jun. 20, 2014, 9:14 AM
Feb. 12, 2014, 9:10 AM
Jun. 28, 2013, 1:01 PM
Jun. 3, 2013, 2:51 PM
Owens Corning (OC -1.2%) says it's completed the acquisition of Thermafiber, a manufacturer of mineral wool commercial and industrial insulation products. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.| Jun. 3, 2013, 2:51 PM
Oct. 24, 2012, 7:59 AMOwens Corning (OC): Q3 EPS of $0.37 beats by $0.01. Revenue of $1.28B (-11.7% Y/Y) misses by $30M. Shares -1.5% premarket. (PR) | Oct. 24, 2012, 7:59 AM
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:10 AM
Sep. 13, 2012, 9:16 AM
Building material names (possibly far ahead of true housing recovery) are set to take a hit as heavy-hitter Ivy Zelman reportedly downgrades USG Corp. to Sell, Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) to sell, and Owens Corning (OC) to hold. USG -4.3% premarket, OC -2% premarket. (h/t Marc Lehman)| Sep. 13, 2012, 9:16 AM
Aug. 1, 2012, 4:04 PM
Shares of Owens Corning (OC +2.4%) had a volatile day after missing Q2 estimates earlier this morning. Net profit plunged 50% as revenue fell due to sales declines in its building materials and composites segments. CEO Mike Thaman notes that economic conditions still very uncertain, and the housing market remains weak, but he sees signs of housing recovery in the second half.| Aug. 1, 2012, 4:04 PM
Aug. 1, 2012, 9:03 AMOwens Corning (OC): Q2 EPS of $0.54 misses by $0.10. Revenue of $1.39B (-4.2% Y/Y) misses by $110M. Shares -3.4% premarket. (PR) | Aug. 1, 2012, 9:03 AM
Mar. 30, 2012, 12:07 PM
Goldman ups the Building Products group to Neutral citing improving sales trends and easing commodity prices. The firm's top pick in the space is Buy rated Owens Corning (OC +1%) given its pricing power, and its least favorites remain Sell rated Whirlpool (WHR +0.5%) and USG (USG -1.8%) given weak fundamentals.| Mar. 30, 2012, 12:07 PM