The Bull Case For Oragenics: Buy The 30% Discount, Hold For Long-Term Success Of The Lantibiotic Program
Lowenthal Capital Partners
Lowenthal Capital Partners
Thu, Jun. 23, 8:40 AM
- Nano cap Oragenics (NYSEMKT:OGEN) agrees to sell its Consumer Probiotic Business to ProBiora Health, LLC, an entity controlled by board member Christine Koski, for $1.7M in cash plus up to an additional $300K based on a percentage of sales over a 10-year period. The deal should close by tomorrow.
- Shares are up 40% premarket on light volume.
Dec. 16, 2015, 8:24 AM
- Soligenix (OTCQB:SNGX) announces positive results from a Phase 2 clinical trial assessing SGX942 for the treatment of severe oral mucositis (OM) in patients undergoing chemoradiation therapy (CRT) for head and neck cancer.
- Patients receiving 1.5 mg/kg of SGX942, a synthetic peptide called an innate defense regulator that modulates the body's reaction to injury and infection, experienced a median reduction in the duration severe OM of 50% (18 days to nine days; p=0.099) while those undergoing the most aggressive CRT showed a median duration reduction of 67% (30 days to 10 days; p=0.040).
- The data will be submitted for publication and presentation at a future scientific conference.
- OM usually occurs in the mouth of patients undergoing anticancer therapies. It affects ~500K Americans or 40% of those receiving chemo and almost all head and neck cancer patients receiving chemoradiation.
- The FDA has designated SGX942 for Fast Track review for the indication.
- The company will host a conference call this morning at 9:00 am ET to discuss its recent clinical trial results and development milestones.
- OM-related tickers: (OTCPK:CTIX)(NASDAQ:AMAG)(NYSE:XON)(NYSEMKT:OGEN)(NASDAQ:SCMP)
Oct. 9, 2015, 4:32 PM
- Oragenics (NYSEMKT:OGEN) and Intrexon (NYSE:XON) mutually agree to terminate their Exclusive Channel Collaboration (ECC) Agreement for the development and commercialization of probiotics that was signed on September 30, 2013.
- The action will enable Oragenics to focus its resources on its lantibiotic and mucositis programs, both covered under separate ECCs with Intrexon.
Jul. 31, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jul. 29, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jul. 29, 2015, 11:20 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Oragenics (OGEN +26.4%) heads north on a massive 17x surge in volume in apparent response to its announcement of positive results from its Mutacin 1140 (MU1140) lantibiotic platform in a preclinical study. The efficacy of the compounds in reducing clinically relevant Clostridium difficile (C. diff) infections was assessed in a standard proof-of-concept animal model.
- The tested compounds were selected based on desired performance criteria such as drug activity, equal/better that standard-of-care (SOC) medicines against certain drug-resistant bacteria, safety, toxicity, stability and manufacturability.
- Oragenics' lead product candidate showed a 100% survival rate through the entire study compared to 33% for vancomycin (current SOC) and 0% for placebo.
- Lantibiotics are a class of rare antibiotic compounds with a novel mechanism of action that have the potential to overcome antibiotic-resistant infections. MU1140 is active against Gram positive bacteria, including those responsible for many of healthcare-associated infections.
Jul. 2, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 16, 2015, 12:51 PM
Jun. 15, 2015, 9:14 AM
Jun. 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 10, 2015, 10:56 AM
- Intrexon (XON -1.4%) and Oragenics (OGEN +35%) enter into a collaboration to develop biotherapies to treat oral mucositis (OM) and other diseases and conditions of the oral cavity, throat and esophagus, including the clinical advancement of AG013, an ActoBiotic-containing treatment of OM.
- AG013 is an oral rinsing solution designed to deliver the therapeutic molecule Trefoil Factor 1 (TFF1) to the mucosal tissues in the oral cavity. TFFs are a class of peptides that play a key role in protecting the mucosa.
- Oral mucositis is a common adverse effect from cancer therapy.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Oragenics will pay Intrexon a technology access fee and reimburse it for R&D costs. Intrexon will be eligible for milestones and low double-digit royalties on commercial sales.
Mar. 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 16, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 16, 2015, 11:26 AM
- Yet another thinly-traded nano cap biotech heads north. Tampa, FL-based Oragenics (OGEN +36.7%) jumps on a 7x surge in volume, albeit on turnover of only 265K shares. The probiotics maker has more than doubled in value since mid-February. No particular news accounts for the move. In December, it announced that it was exploring strategic alternatives for its over-the-counter (ITC) business.
Oragenics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company, which is focused on oral probiotics products and novel antibiotics for humans and companion pets. It also develops, markets and sells proprietary probiotics designed to enhance oral health for humans and pets under Evora and ProBiora brand names.... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR