Tue, Aug. 2, 12:54 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: SINO +64%. ESEA +28%. ADXS +25%. TRXC +25%. TOPS +17%. CTRV +17%. CGNX +15%. CBIO +12%. AMKR +12%. SODA +11%. PSTI +10%. VGZ +8%. AVP +8%. KOOL +8%. MNK +7%. GKOS +7%. HZNP +6%. OGEN +6%. OCN +6%. WMB +6%. STX 5%. ROSG 6%. NYRT 5%. INO 5%.
- Losers: IDTI -13%. TXRH -10%. ANGO -9%. GLOP -8%. ALLT -6%.
Thu, Jun. 23, 8:40 AM
- Nano cap Oragenics (NYSEMKT:OGEN) agrees to sell its Consumer Probiotic Business to ProBiora Health, LLC, an entity controlled by board member Christine Koski, for $1.7M in cash plus up to an additional $300K based on a percentage of sales over a 10-year period. The deal should close by tomorrow.
- Shares are up 40% premarket on light volume.
Dec. 16, 2015, 8:24 AM
- Soligenix (OTCQB:SNGX) announces positive results from a Phase 2 clinical trial assessing SGX942 for the treatment of severe oral mucositis (OM) in patients undergoing chemoradiation therapy (CRT) for head and neck cancer.
- Patients receiving 1.5 mg/kg of SGX942, a synthetic peptide called an innate defense regulator that modulates the body's reaction to injury and infection, experienced a median reduction in the duration severe OM of 50% (18 days to nine days; p=0.099) while those undergoing the most aggressive CRT showed a median duration reduction of 67% (30 days to 10 days; p=0.040).
- The data will be submitted for publication and presentation at a future scientific conference.
- OM usually occurs in the mouth of patients undergoing anticancer therapies. It affects ~500K Americans or 40% of those receiving chemo and almost all head and neck cancer patients receiving chemoradiation.
- The FDA has designated SGX942 for Fast Track review for the indication.
- The company will host a conference call this morning at 9:00 am ET to discuss its recent clinical trial results and development milestones.
- OM-related tickers: (OTCPK:CTIX)(NASDAQ:AMAG)(NYSE:XON)(NYSEMKT:OGEN)(NASDAQ:SCMP)
Oct. 9, 2015, 4:32 PM
- Oragenics (NYSEMKT:OGEN) and Intrexon (NYSE:XON) mutually agree to terminate their Exclusive Channel Collaboration (ECC) Agreement for the development and commercialization of probiotics that was signed on September 30, 2013.
- The action will enable Oragenics to focus its resources on its lantibiotic and mucositis programs, both covered under separate ECCs with Intrexon.
Jul. 31, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jul. 29, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jul. 29, 2015, 11:20 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Oragenics (OGEN +26.4%) heads north on a massive 17x surge in volume in apparent response to its announcement of positive results from its Mutacin 1140 (MU1140) lantibiotic platform in a preclinical study. The efficacy of the compounds in reducing clinically relevant Clostridium difficile (C. diff) infections was assessed in a standard proof-of-concept animal model.
- The tested compounds were selected based on desired performance criteria such as drug activity, equal/better that standard-of-care (SOC) medicines against certain drug-resistant bacteria, safety, toxicity, stability and manufacturability.
- Oragenics' lead product candidate showed a 100% survival rate through the entire study compared to 33% for vancomycin (current SOC) and 0% for placebo.
- Lantibiotics are a class of rare antibiotic compounds with a novel mechanism of action that have the potential to overcome antibiotic-resistant infections. MU1140 is active against Gram positive bacteria, including those responsible for many of healthcare-associated infections.
Jul. 2, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 16, 2015, 12:51 PM
Jun. 15, 2015, 9:14 AM
Jun. 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jun. 10, 2015, 10:56 AM
- Intrexon (XON -1.4%) and Oragenics (OGEN +35%) enter into a collaboration to develop biotherapies to treat oral mucositis (OM) and other diseases and conditions of the oral cavity, throat and esophagus, including the clinical advancement of AG013, an ActoBiotic-containing treatment of OM.
- AG013 is an oral rinsing solution designed to deliver the therapeutic molecule Trefoil Factor 1 (TFF1) to the mucosal tissues in the oral cavity. TFFs are a class of peptides that play a key role in protecting the mucosa.
- Oral mucositis is a common adverse effect from cancer therapy.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Oragenics will pay Intrexon a technology access fee and reimburse it for R&D costs. Intrexon will be eligible for milestones and low double-digit royalties on commercial sales.
Mar. 20, 2015, 12:45 PM