What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Aug. 1, 2014, 5:51 AM
- Oil States (NYSE:OIS): Q2 EPS of $0.88 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $459.6M (+17.6% Y/Y) beats by $1.99M.
Jun. 2, 2014, 12:50 PM
May 20, 2014, 9:11 AM
- Oil States International (OIS) +2.9% premarket after RBC Capital upgrades shares to Outperform from Sector Perform with a $115 price target, up from $105.
- RBC expects OIS to benefit from the growth of subsea spending, and it believes the company could be a takeover target down the road, while its Civeo unit will be a unique yield vehicle with a potential REIT conversion.
May 1, 2014, 5:13 PM
- Oil States (OIS): Q1 EPS of $1.34 in-line.
- Revenue of $657.98M (-2.6% Y/Y) misses by $10.27M.
Feb. 19, 2014, 4:39 PM
- Oil States International (OIS): Q4 EPS of $1.47 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $675.2M (-1.7% Y/Y) misses by $20.6M.
Feb. 19, 2014, 12:10 AM| Feb. 19, 2014, 12:10 AM | 5 Comments
Feb. 18, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 18, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 9, 2013, 8:47 AM
- Oil Search International (OIS) says it is in talks about getting involved in development of the Elk and Antelope oil discoveries in Papua New Guinea, which may contain more than 5T cu. ft. of natural gas.
- Just three days ago, InterOil (IOC) agreed to sell a majority interest in the discoveries to Total (TOT) in a deal worth up to US$3.6B, depending on how much gas is confirmed to be there.
- TOT had hinted at a selldown when confirming the deal with IOC but didn’t name a prospective partner; one way to facilitate OIS’s entry into Elk-Antelope could be an equity swap involving part of its stake in the Taza oil and gas discovery in Iraq's Kurdistan.
- IOC +4.8%, TOT -0.6% premarket.
Nov. 8, 2013, 5:53 PM
- A convertible debt deal struck during the 2008 financial crisis led by a billionaire sheikh may be set to trigger a contest for a piece of the $19B natural gas export terminal Exxon Mobil (XOM) is building in Papua New Guinea, Bloomberg reports.
- Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi is due to oversee a swap of that debt for a 14.7% stake in Oil Search (OIS), owner of almost a third of the project; the March conversion date is sparking speculation that producers including XOM may also seek the holding.
- The sheikh's ownership of the stake could see a speculative premium develop in the OIS share price with a potential acquirer targeting the holding as a cornerstone ahead of a bid, some analysts say.
Oct. 30, 2013, 5:04 PM
- Oil States (OIS): Q3 EPS of $1.46 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $684.5M misses by $138.71M. (PR)
Oct. 4, 2013, 12:34 PM
- Exxon Mobil (XOM +0.7%) has secured an additional $1.5B in debt financing for its $19B Papua New Guinea liquefied natural gas project, according to project partner Oil Search (OIS +1.7%).
- The $1.5B in supplemental financing will help cover overruns at the 6.9M metric tons/year LNG development, where costs have climbed to $19B.
- The PNG LNG project is the country's biggest-ever resources development and could lift GDP by 20%; OIS says the project remains on track to deliver its first LNG cargoes in 2014.
Sep. 16, 2013, 12:14 PM
- Oil States (OIS +3.6%) looks like it's back on analysts' radars, as Global Hunter reiterates its Buy rating, lifts its price target to $117 from $112, and says the spinoff of its accommodations business is moving closer (likely April or May 2014; OIS has said summer 2014).
- OIS is "worth re-engaging," Tudor Pickering Holt says after the company sold its tubular services business for $600M earlier this month; with tubular services gone, 90% of OIS' earnings “are from high value, high returning, attractive end markets."
- Shares jumped more than 30% after Jana Partners disclosed a big stake back in late April.
Sep. 6, 2013, 10:11 AM
- Oil States (OIS +2.1%) announces the sale of its Sooner tubular services business to Marubeni-Itochu Tubulars America for $600M.
- OIS CEO Cindy Taylor says the sale allows the company to invest further in its accommodations, well site services and offshore products segments.
- In connection with the sale, OIS increases its authorized share repurchase program from to $500M from $200M.
Sep. 6, 2013, 9:08 AM
Jul. 31, 2013, 9:12 AM
Jul. 31, 2013, 4:11 AM
- Oil States (OIS): Q2 EPS of $1.50 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.04B in-line. (PR)
Oil States International Inc provides products & services to oil & natural gas companies. It operates in oil & natural gas producing regions, including onshore & offshore U.S., Canada, West Africa, North Sea, South America and Southeast & Central Asia.
Other News & PR