OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, IncNASDAQ
Fri, Sep. 23, 8:23 AM
- Proteon Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PRTO) initiated with Buy rating and $18 (91% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Oncomed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:OMED) initiated with Buy rating and $20 (62% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD) initiated with Buy rating by Berenberg Bank.
- CASI Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CASI) initiated with Buy rating and $4 (254% upside) price target by Maxim Group.
- Novartis (NYSE:NVS) initiated with Buy rating and $95 (16% upside) price target by Chardan Capital.
- Invuity (NASDAQ:IVTY) initiated with Buy rating and $18 (31% upside) price target by Lake Street Capital.
- Cerner (NASDAQ:CERN) initiated with Buy rating and $67 (6% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Healthcare Services Group (NASDAQ:HCSG) initiated with Outperform rating and $46 (18% upside) price target by Baird.
Thu, Sep. 1, 11:22 AM
- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals (OMED +0.2%) completes the enrollment of 207 subjects in its Phase 2 clinical trial, YOSEMITE, assessing demcizumab as first-line treatment of metastatic pancreatic cancer. Top-line data should be available in the first half of next year, probably near June.
- YOSEMITE is comparing the safety and efficacy of demcizumab, in combination with standard-of-care (SOC) therapy [Celgene's (CELG -0.5%) Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound particles for injectable suspension) plus gemcitabine], to SOC alone. Participants have been randomized into one of three arms: SOC + one course of demcizumab; SOC + demcizumab followed by a second course of demcizumab after a 98-day wash-out period and SOC + placebo.
- The primary endpoint is progression-free survival. Secondary endpoints include overall survival, response rate and biomarker analyses.
- Demcizumab is a humanized monoclonal antibody that binds to a protein called Delta-like Ligand 4 (DLL4) which plays a key role in a cellular signaling pathway called Notch. It appears to have a multi-faceted mechanism of action: halting cancer stem cell growth and reducing cancer stem cell frequency, disrupting tumor angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels) and increasing anti-tumor immune responses by decreasing tumor myeloid-derived suppressor cells.
Tue, Aug. 30, 10:17 AM
- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals (OMED +1.2%) hits its enrollment target of 145 subjects in its Phase 2 clinical trial, PINNACLE, assessing tarextumab (OMP-59R5) for the treatment of small cell lung cancer (SCLC). Top-line data should be available by year end or early 2017. According to ClinicalTrials.gov, the estimated final data collection date for the primary endpoint is August 2017. The estimated study completion date is April 2018.
- PINNACLE has randomized participants to receive either 15 mg/kg of tarextumab every three weeks in combination with six cycles of chemo followed by maintenance tarextumab to progression or six cycles of chemo and placebo. The primary endpoint is progression-free survival (PFS) assessed for 25 months. Secondary endpoints include overall survival and overall response rate.
- Tarextumab is a fully human monoclonal antibody that binds to the Notch2 and Notch3 receptors. It is believed to have two mechanisms of action: down-regulating the Notch signaling pathway which appears to have anti-cancer stem cell effects and affecting pericytes, contractile cells that wrap around endothelial cells of small blood vessels, impacting the stromal (connective tissue) and tumor microenvironments.
- Small cell lung cancer comprises 10 - 15% of the ~225K lung cancer cases striking Americans each year.
- The company is hoping for better results in lung cancer. In January, shares plummeted on the news that tarextumab failed to show a treatment benefit in a mid-stage study in pancreatic cancer.
- Previously: OncoMed slumps 43% premarket on diminished prospects for tarextumab (Jan. 25)
Thu, Aug. 18, 12:47 PM
Thu, Aug. 18, 11:00 AM
Thu, Aug. 18, 9:17 AM
Thu, Aug. 18, 8:51 AM
- Thinly traded micro cap OncoMed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:OMED) slumps 15% premarket on increased volume in response to its announcement that it has priced its public offering of 5.5M shares of common stock at $10. Underwriters over-allotment is an additional 825K shares. Closing date is August 23. Net proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes.
- Yesterday's close was $11.71.
Tue, Aug. 9, 4:36 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, APPS, ARWR, ATHX, AXAS, BW, CALL, CDXS, CHMI, CIVI, CLNE, CRME, CVCO, CYBR, DHT, DIOD, DIS, DPLO, EPIQ, EVRI, FENG, FF, FLTX, FOGO, FOSL, FTEK, GALE, HALO, HCKT, HLIT, HWAY, INFI, INWK, IPAR, JAZZ, KEYW, LITE, LSCC, MCHX, MDVN, MYGN, MYL, NH, NVAX, OMED, OMER, PCTY, PEN, PSIX, PTLA, QNST, RELY, RTK, SCTY, SEDG, SGRY, SPPI, SPWR, TAHO, TCS, TTGT, VRNS, VSAT, WAGE, XON, XONE, YELP, YRD, YUME, ZGNX, ZIOP
Thu, May 5, 4:47 PM
- OncoMed (NASDAQ:OMED): Q1 EPS of -$0.90 misses by $0.17.
- Revenue of $6.35M (-34.5% Y/Y) misses by $1.93M.
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Thu, Apr. 28, 3:56 PM
- Thinly traded micro cap OncoMed Pharmaceuticals (OMED +16.4%) gets a nice bump from investors stoked by AbbVie's (ABBV +0.5%) $5.8B takeover of privately-held Stemcentrx, a developer of oncology therapies that target cancer stem cells. OncoMed does the same.
- Its lead product candidate is Stage 2-phase demcizumab for the first-line treatment, in combination with carboplatin and pemetrexed, of non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Thu, Apr. 28, 12:46 PM
Thu, Mar. 10, 4:08 PM
- OncoMed (NASDAQ:OMED): FQ1 EPS of -$0.82 misses by $1.23.
- Revenue of $6.8M (-20.2% Y/Y) misses by $37.75M.
Wed, Mar. 9, 5:35 PM
Fri, Jan. 29, 12:03 PM
- Medifast (MED +1.4%) initiated with Hold rating and $32 (10% upside) price target by Wunderlich.
- Kite Pharma (KITE +4.1%) initiated with Buy rating and $70 (51% upside) price target by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- STAAR Surgical (STAA +0.3%) initiated with Hold rating by Benchmark.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR -2.4%) initiated with Buy rating and $21 (57% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- BioBlast Pharma (ORPN +7.7%) initiated with Buy rating and $25 (574% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- CVS Health (CVS +1.3%) initiated with Outperform rating and $108 (14% upside) price target by Baird.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA +1.1%) initiated with Outperform rating and $96 (22% upside) price target by Baird.
- Intercept Pharma (ICPT +0.6%) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight by Morgan Stanley. Price target is $100 (0% upside).
- Stryker (SYK +1.8%) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Brean Capital. Price target is $115 (16% upside).
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR -0.7%) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Chardan Capital. Price target lowered to $15 (50% upside) from $20.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY +1.9%) upgraded to Buy from Hold by Berenberg. Price target raised to $77 (24% upside) from $74.
- Oncomed Pharmaceuticals (OMED -0.3%) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Leerink. Price target lowered to $11 (23% upside) from $27.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN +0.6%) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Chardan Capital. Price target lowered to $400 (4% downside risk) from $525.