SA News • Tue, Dec. 16
OMV: An Overseen Hidden Champion In The Central And Eastern Europe RegionLewi Ilkanaev • Tue, Aug. 12
- OMV has a strong portfolio with high-quality fields in the U.K., Norway, Madagascar, Tunisia and Romania.
- Its strong ties to Gazprom, a major gas supplier to Europe today and the foreseeable future, are improving.
- OMV has an attractive valuation, a stable and growing portfolio, and a strong focus on highly profitable upstream business.
There are no Transcripts on OMVJF.
Tue, Dec. 16, 9:11 AM
- Total (NYSE:TOT) says it will delay drilling for oil and gas off Bulgaria's Black Sea coast by at least six months until early 2016 following the fall in global oil prices.
- TOT, operator of the offshore 1-21 Han Asparuh block, says it has cancelled tenders for drilling services in a decision agreed with its partners in the block, Austria's OMV (OTC:OMVJF) and Spain's Repsol (OTCQX:REPYY, OTCPK:REPYF).
- The drilling of a deepwater well in the block is estimated to cost ~€300M ($376M).
Thu, Nov. 13, 8:27 AM
- Genel Energy (OTCPK:GEGYF) signs an agreement with the Kurdistan regional government on development plans for two natural gas fields, and agreed to terms with energy firm OMV (OTC:OMVJF) to acquire its stake in one of the fields.
- The Miran and Bina Bawi fields, with combined estimated resources of 11.4Y cf of gas, are valued by analysts at ~$2.6B and are expected to help the Kurdistan government meet a gas export deal it signed with Turkey last year.
- Genel will pay $150M for OMV's 36% stake in the Bina Bawi field and take over the operation.
Tue, Sep. 30, 8:45 AM| Comment!
Fri, Aug. 22, 7:23 AM
- OMV (OTC:OMVJF) is now the latest energy group to withdraw its staff from Iraqi Kurdistan, as violence continues to escalate in the region.
- "We were able to book a gas find in Kurdistan but are not active at the moment. All the staff that were there have left," says CEO Gerhard Roiss. "We are also waiting and seeing (what happens) south of Crimea, where we had plans together with Exxon (NYSE:XOM)."
Mon, Jul. 21, 10:18 AM
- ExxonMobil (XOM -0.2%) and OMV (OTC:OMVJF) say they have begun drilling at a well that will help assess the size and commercial viability of their jointly held Domino 1 Black Sea well, the most significant Black Sea gas discovery so far.
- The two companies say they had started drilling at the Domino 2 well in the deepwater sector of the Neptun block in Romanian waters, where each holds a 50% stake.
Thu, Apr. 3, 7:49 AM
- Murphy Oil (MUR) and OMV (OMVJF) team up to enter an exploration project offshore Namibia, acquiring a combined 65% interest in two exploration blocks from Brazil's Cowan Petroleum.
- MUR will become operator of the joint venture with a 40% stake in each block.
- OMV says offshore Namibia offers great exploration potential as it is largely unexplored yet with all the elements of an effective hydrocarbon system.
Wed, Mar. 19, 7:52 AM
- Austrian oil and gas company OMV (OMVJF) agrees to acquire four additional licenses for exploration and drilling in West of Shetland, Scotland, from Hess (HES) for $50M, strengthening its position in the U.K.
- OMV will acquire 60M boe of recoverable hydrocarbons in the deal, mainly in the Cambo field which is under appraisal; a contingent payment of up to $35M is possible.
Nov. 22, 2013, 5:56 PM
- OMV (OMVJF, OMVZY) had "been vocal" in pressing its operatorship partner Chevron (CVX) to put the U.K.’s Rosebank project on hold pending a review of the development’s scope and costs.
- "We have been telling Chevron we think this can be better. Chevron has been managing this out of Houston, probably not the best decision," OMV CFO David Davies says; CVX was focused on other projects, and Rosebank was less material, but it is a critical project for OMV, especially after it recently acquired an additional 30% stake from Statoil to take its total stake to 50%.
- CVX says a final investment decision will come next year on the field estimated to hold 240M barrels of recoverable oil - a lot of oil, but the company may feel it is relatively small for the billions of dollars in further investments needed to produce it.
Sep. 6, 2013, 8:16 AM
- Austrian oil and gas company OMV (OMVJF.PK) says it discovered up to 164M barrels of oil and up to 40B cf of gas in the Barents Sea, and the license area in which the find was made could hold up to 500M barrels, in the northernmost discovery in Norway's Arctic.
- The find is a big boost for the region after Statoil (STO) put its 600M bbl, $15.5B Johan Castberg project on hold earlier this year because of rising costs.
- OMV holds a 25% stake in the license, Idemitsu Petroleum Norway holds 20%, Petoro 20%, Tullow Oil (TUWLF.PK, TUWOY.PK) 20% and Statoil 15%.
Aug. 20, 2013, 3:10 PM
- Clashes erupt at oil terminals in eastern Libya, as tensions mount in the region.
- The forced closure of Libya's key oil ports by striking guards and workers has more than halved the country's oil production to ~600K bbl/day in recent weeks; oil usually is exported from Libya through a partnership between state-run NOC, Occidental Petroleum (OXY) and OMV (OMVJF.PK).
- Libya's coast guard yesterday stopped a tanker from entering at the Es Sider terminal amid fears gunmen are trying to market oil outside government control; the port exports oil from concessions run by Libya's NOC with Marathon Oil (MRO), ConocoPhillips (COP) and Hess (HES).
Aug. 19, 2013, 2:45 AM
- Statoil (STO) has agreed to sell stakes in key offshore Norwegian fields to Austrian company OMV (OMVJF.PK) for $2.65B.
- Under the deal, Statoil's holding in the Gullfaks field will drop to 51% from 70%, and in the Gudrun field to 51% from 75%. The Norwegian company is also exiting two other fields near Scotland.
- The transaction includes a contingent payment as well and a partnership between the two companies.
- Statoil expects to recognize a gain from of $1.3-1.5B from the deal, which will allow it to reallocate $7B of capital expenditure. (PR)
OMVJF vs. ETF Alternatives
In Gas and Power, OMV sold approximately 437 TWh of gas in 2012. OMV operates a 2,000 km long gas pipeline network in Austria with a marketed capacity of around 103 bcm in 2012. With a trading volume of around 528 TWh in 2012, OMVs gas trading platform, the Central European Gas Hub, is amongst... More
Other News & PR