SPDR Russell 1000 ETFNYSEARCA
May 20, 2014, 4:49 AM
- London Stock Exchange (LDNXF) is in exclusive negotiations with Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance to buy the latter's asset-management and stock index unit, Frank Russell, which the WSJ reports could be worth $3B.
- The stock-index operations include the Russell 2000 barometer of small companies, while the investment business has $260B of assets under management. (PR)
- Russell ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, SPXS, IWF, SKF, URTY, IWD, TWM, IWO, IWN, RWM, SRTY, IWV, IWB, VTWO, VONE, IWW, IWZ, VTWG, UKK, ROLA, RTLA, FBG, THRK, UKF, SKK, EWRS, ONEK, TWOK, VTHR, VONG, VTWV, SMLV, UVT, VONV, UVG, EWRI, SJH, UWC, LGLV, TWQ, SJF, FIBG
Apr. 29, 2014, 8:05 AM
- If Pfizer (PFE) is successful in its plan to acquire AstraZeneca (AZN) and redomicile in the U.K., it will join a growing list of other U.S. firms who have executed similar transactions in order to lower their tax bills.
- Members of Congress say that the moves are symptomatic of the need to revamp the U.S. tax code.
- The U.K. corporate tax rate is 21% compared to the top U.S. rate of 35%. American firms must also pay taxes when they repatriate foreign profits after receiving credits for foreign taxes. This is why the ex-U.S. corporate cash horde is so large.
- Pfizer's 2013 tax rate was 27%.
- ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, VOO, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, SPLV, TQQQ, SPXL, QID, PRF, SPXS, RSP, SQQQ, DOG, QLD, DXD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, USMV, DDM, VV, SCHX, IWB, OEF, SPHB, NY, MGC, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, VONE, FEX, JKD, XLG, TRND, SFLA, EQL, QQXT, BXUC, SPLX, ROLA, BXDB, EEH, TNDQ, SPXH, ONEK, IWL, TRSK, PXLC, EWRI, ERW, FWDD, LGLV, FMK, ALTL, SYE
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Market Cap ETFs