There are no News articles on ONEXF.
Fri, Apr. 4, 12:02 PM
- Blackstone (BX +0.3%) seals the deal to buy industrial-products maker Gates Global from Onex (ONEXF +0.9%) and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for $5.4B, reports Bloomberg, which says the official announcement could come later today.
- It would be Blackstone's biggest private-equity deal since taking over Hilton Worldwide in 2007.
- Blackstone has seemingly been more seller than buyer of late as soaring stock markets make public valuations pricier than private ones. At $5.4B, Blackstone would be paying 9.6x Gates' adjusted EBITDA. Gates had filed to go public last December.
Tue, Mar. 25, 6:08 PM
- Blackstone (BX) reportedly is close to a deal to buy Gates Global for more than $5.5B, in the final stages of negotiations with Gates' P-E owners Onex (ONEXF) and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board with an agreement possible by early next week.
- BX apparently is preparing to do the deal on its own after TPG Capital, which it had teamed up with to submit a joint bid two weeks ago, backed out.
- The deal is expected to value the auto parts and building products maker at $5.5B-$6B, including debt.
Aug. 26, 2013, 1:58 AM
- The Pritzker Organization (TPO) has reportedly agreed to acquire TMS International (TMS), a provider of procurement and other services to steel mills, for $1B, including around $300M in debt.
- The offer of $17.50 a share represents a 12.4% premium to the stock's closing price of $15.57 on Friday.
- TPO, which is the investment firm of billionaire Tom Pritzker, is acquiring TMS after winning an auction. The latter's main owner is Canadian private-equity firm Onex (ONEXF.PK) with a 60% stake.
Apr. 26, 2013, 4:48 AMOnex (ONEXF.PK) might reportedly have to settle for a price of $2.5B for its Carestream Health unit, or not sell it at all, after just Bain and Thomas H. Lee Partners were left in the auction for the medical imaging company. Onex's hopes of getting up to $3.5B were dampened after the likes of Carlyle (CG) and KKR (KKR) pulled out of talks due to Carestream Health's uncertain outlook. | Comment!
Feb. 20, 2013, 4:17 AMKKR (KKR) is reportedly the only private-equity firm left in the auction for Gardner Denver, which has a market cap of $3.39B, with final bids due tomorrow. TPG, Onex (ONEXF.PK) and CCMP Capital Advisors have cast an eye upon the maker of industrial pumps, but they're not as interested as KKR, although they could re-enter the fray if the company's valuation changes. | Comment!
Nov. 26, 2012, 8:41 AM
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
ONEXF vs. ETF Alternatives
Founded in 1984, Onex is one of the oldest and most successful private equity firms with a long, established track record and a disciplined, active-ownership approach to investing. Onex focuses on creating long-term value by building industry-leading businesses in partnership with outstanding... More
Other News & PR