Fri, Aug. 5, 9:12 AM
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:59 PM
- Organovo (ONVO -1.6%) is erasing today's losses after hours, up 3.9% and quoting at its 52-week high, after reporting fiscal Q1 earnings where its net loss widened slightly but it beat expectations on top and bottom lines.
- Net loss grew to $8.8M but fell on a per-share basis, to $0.09 (vs. an expected loss of $0.10).
- Revenue breakout: Product and service, $0.7M (up 222%, driven by contracts for tissue research); Collaborations, $0.2M (mainly revenue from research deals with L'Oreal and Merck).
- Research and development costs were up 7% to $4.4M, while selling, general and administrative costs rose 9% to $5.1M.
- It's closed the quarter with cash and equivalents of $53.5M. Working capital was $52M vs. a year-ago $81.8M.
- Organovo affirmed its full-year outlook for revenue of $4M-$6M (vs. expectations for $4.25M) and net cash utilization of $32.5M-$36.5M.
- Press Release
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:13 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 9:21 AM| Mon, Aug. 1, 9:21 AM | 11 Comments
Tue, Jul. 26, 8:24 AM
Mon, Jul. 11, 9:15 AM
Mon, Jul. 11, 8:51 AM
- Micro cap Organovo (NYSEMKT:ONVO) is up 10% premarket on increased volume in response to is announcement of positive preclinical results generated with its 3D bioprinted human liver tissues.
- The data, published in the journal PLOS One, showed Organovo's product was able to detect significant dose-dependent toxicity of trovafloxacin at clinically relevant doses compared to levofloxacin, a structurally similar but non-toxic compound. The hepatotoxicity of trovafloxacin, a broad based antibiotic launched by Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) but later withdrawn from the market because of the risk of serious liver damage, was not originally identified by traditional preclinical tests, including animal studies.
- The study was funded by Organovo and Roche Pharmaceuticals (OTCQX:RHHBY).
Fri, Jun. 10, 6:25 AM
- Organovo Holdings (ONVO) FQ4 results: Revenues: $0.5M (+66.7%); R&D Expense: $4.5M (+25.0%); SG&A: $4.4M (-4.3%); Net Loss: ($8.4M) (-7.7%); Loss Per Share : ($0.09) (+10.0%).
- FY2016 results: Revenues: $1.5M (+150.0%); R&D Expense: $18M (+39.5%); SG&A: $22.1M (+23.5%); Net Loss: ($38.6M) (-28.2%); Loss Per Share: ($0.43) (-13.2%); Quick Assets: $62.1M (+24.0%); CF Ops: ($29.4M) (-50.0%).
- FY2017 Guidance: Total Revenue: $4M - 6M; Net Cash Utilization: $32.5M - 36.5M.
Thu, Jun. 9, 4:10 PM
Mon, Feb. 8, 5:01 PM
- Despite its bullish prognostications about $100M+ revenue potential, micro cap Organovo (NYSEMKT:ONVO) continues to struggle to grow sales. Its top line for fiscal Q3 was only $0.3M. It is pinning its hopes on its exVive3D Human Liver Tissue and service, launched in November. It asserts that the liver assay alone will generate tens of millions in revenue. Exactly when is uncertain.
- Commercial contracting for its kidney tissue product should commence in Q3.
- Its fiscal 2016 outlook for revenue from previously reported contract bookings has been lowered to $0.7M - 0.9M from $1.2M - 1.4M. Net cash utilization should be $32M - 34M. As of December 31, the company's quick assets totaled $70M.
- Previously: Organovo Holdings EPS in-line, misses on revenue (Feb. 8)
Mon, Feb. 8, 4:20 PM
- Organovo Holdings (NYSEMKT:ONVO): FQ3 EPS of -$0.11 in-line.
- Revenue of $0.33M (+106.3% Y/Y) misses by $0.11M.
Tue, Jan. 19, 9:37 AM
Nov. 10, 2015, 10:52 AM
- Organovo Holdings (ONVO -6.5%) FQ2 results: Revenues: $0.3M (+500.0%); R&D Expense: $4.7M (+46.9%); SG&A: $6.8M (+17.2%); Net Loss: ($11.3M) (-27.0%); Loss Per Share: ($0.12) (-9.1%); Quick Assets: $76.9M (+53.5%).
- 2016 Guidance: Total Revenue Recognized From Contract Bookings: $1.2M - 1.4M; Net Cash Utilization: $32M - 36M.
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Organovo Holdings (NYSEMKT:ONVO): FQ2 EPS of -$0.12 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $0.3M in-line.
Oct. 2, 2015, 9:12 AM
Sep. 29, 2015, 3:31 PM
- 3D printer makers 3D Systems (DDD -6.8%), Stratasys (SSYS -9.3%), and Voxeljet (VJET -12.6%) are having another ugly day as markets remain in risk-off mode - the Nasdaq is down 1.2% - and so is 3D-printed tissue developer Organovo (ONVO -14.1%). Save for Voxeljet, volume has been below-average.
- 3D Systems and Voxeljet have made fresh 52-week lows. YTD performances: DDD -33%, SSYS -69%, VJET -48%, ONVO -64%.
- Though many shorts undoubtedly now have big paper profits, Voxeljet is the only name in the group to see significant short-covering this year: 3D had 34% of its float shorted as of Sep. 15, Stratasys 28%, Voxeljet 10%, and Organovo 27%.
Organovo Holdings, Inc. is a biotechnology company, which designs and creates functional and three-dimensional human tissues for medical research and therapeutic applications. It also develops and commercializes a platform technology for the generation of three-dimensional human tissues that can... More
Industry: Medical Laboratories & Research
Country: United States