Oplink Communications, Inc.NASDAQ
Nov. 19, 2014, 12:55 PM
Nov. 19, 2014, 9:14 AM
Nov. 19, 2014, 8:13 AM
- The price per share works out to $24.25 a 14.1% premium to last night's closing price. Under terms of the agreement, Koch Optics will commence a tender offer and subsequent merger for all outstanding shares of Oplink (NASDAQ:OPLK).
- The stock is currently under trading halt.
Oct. 31, 2014, 12:47 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:42 PM
- Oplink Communications (NASDAQ:OPLK): FQ1 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $57.13M (+4.3% Y/Y) beats by $1.85M.
Oct. 15, 2014, 4:07 PM
- In an encouraging sign for beaten-down telecom equipment and chip/component stocks, Adtran (ADTN +5.7%) managed to rally even though it guided on its Q3 CC (transcript) for a low-to-mid teens Q/Q revenue drop. Consensus (doesn't appear to have fully accounted for Adtran's Q3 warning) was for revenue to drop 2% to $154.9M in Q4.
- Adtran attributed much of its Q3 weakness to "a decline in Europe as a large project there had a seasonal slowdown." Enterprise softness also took a toll.
- The company "[expects] to see an upturn in this business" in 2015, but European sales are expected to remain soft in Q4. Other equipment vendors, such as Juniper (JNPR +2%) and Ciena (CIEN +2.7%), have provided weak guidance blamed on U.S. wireline capex; AT&T is generally seen as a big culprit.
- In addition to Juniper and Ciena, many other industry names have closed with healthy gains. PKT +6.3%. INFN +3.4%. ZHNE +6.7%. ALLT +5.2%. AFOP +4.5%. AMCC +12.5%. CYNI +4%. CALX +3.3%. FNSR +3.1%. UBNT +4.2%. OPLK +3.4%. RKUS +3.3%.
Oct. 6, 2014, 11:30 AM
- EZchip (EZCH -12.5%), a top supplier of network processors for edge/access routers, now expects Q3 revenue of $19M, below prior guidance of $22M and a $22.6M consensus.
- CEO Eli Fruchter: "We have seen weakness in orders as well as inventory adjustments across most of our key customers that are serving the carrier networking equipment space. We believe this is a temporary slowdown, caused primarily by a weaker carrier spending environment that the market is currently going through." Like others, he's optimistic growth will soon pick up.
- Fruchter's remarks echo those from Cisco (EZchip's top customer), Juniper, Ciena, Finisar, JDS Uniphase, and several other firms. Soft North American wireline capex (led by AT&T) has especially been taking a toll on the industry.
- Several telecom equipment and component/chip suppliers are following EZchip lower. CIEN -2.8%. CAVM -2.8%. OCLR -2.7%. ZHNE -2.7%. CYNI -3.1%. AFOP -2.1%. NPTN -2.4%. OPLK -1.7%.
Aug. 21, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Optical component vendors JDS Uniphase (JDSU +4.3%), Finisar (FNSR +3.4%), Oplink (OPLK +3.2%), Oclaro (OCLR +3.6%), and Alliance Fiber (AFOP +2.5%) have all rallied on a quiet day of trading, and so has client Ciena (CIEN +2.7%). No news has hit the wires to explain the gains.
- JDS, Oclaro, and Alliance Fiber all sold off in recent weeks (I, II, III) after providing disappointing guidance in their calendar Q2 reports. JDS (like Juniper following its Q2 report) observed soft North American wireline capex is pressuring industry sales.
Aug. 7, 2014, 5:15 PM
- Oplink Communications (NASDAQ:OPLK): FQ4 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $51.5M (+4.5% Y/Y) in-line.
Jul. 29, 2014, 1:23 PM
- Oplink (NASDAQ:OPLK) has hired Cowen to "seek strategic alternatives" for its Oplink Connected automation/monitoring products business, including a potential sale.
- The company is also initiating a $0.05/share quarterly dividend (1.1% current yield), adding $40M to its buyback authorization (raising its total authorization to $70M), and beginning a search for two new directors.
- Oplink expects to report FQ4 (June quarter) revenue of $51.5M, above a 2-analyst consensus of $50.5M. FQ1 revenue is expected to be in a range of $53M-$57M, above a $52M consensus.
- Full FQ4 results are due on Aug. 7.
Jun. 12, 2014, 4:19 PM
- Finisar (FNSR) expects FQ1 revenue of $320M-$335M, above a $317M consensus. But EPS guidance of $0.30-$0.34 is below a $0.41 consensus.
- Gross margin pressure is responsible for both the guidance and FQ4's EPS miss. FQ4 GM was 34.2%, +200 bps Y/Y but -300 bps Q/Q and below guidance of 35.5%. GM is expected to fall to 32% in FQ1.
- Finisar blames the FQ4 margin weakness on telecom product price cuts and the impact of recently-acquired u2t Photonics, whose products carry a lower GM.
- Opex +4.3% Y/Y in FQ4 to $65.9M, well below rev. growth of 25.7%. A 39.1% Y/Y increase in datacom product sales (boosted by the investments of Web/cloud service providers) offset a 2.5% drop in telecom sales, and helped drive the revenue beat.
- JDS Uniphase (JDSU) is following Finisar lower. Other optical component firms that could be hit: OPLK, OCLR, FN, NPTN.
- FQ4 results, PR
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:40 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:09 PM
- In addition to missing FQ3 estimates, JDS Uniphase (JDSU -6.9% AH) is guiding for FQ4 revenue of $425M-$445M and EPS of $0.10-$0.14, below a consensus of $459M and $0.17.
- The company blames its FQ3 miss on "later-than-expected carrier orders." Optical communications product sales grew 7.1% Y/Y, slower than FQ2's 12.1% clip. Network and service enablement (test equipment) sales fell 1.1% after declining 0.2% in FQ2.
- Peer Oplink (OPLK -6.7% AH) also posted an FQ3 miss, while adding it's seeing "a bit of softness" in its optical business. FQ4 guidance is for revenue of $48M-$52M and EPS of $0.05-$0.11, below a consensus of $53.3M and $0.17.
- Finisar (FNSR) is down 1.1% AH. Others that might slip: OCLR, AFOP, NPTN, FN.
Apr. 30, 2014, 4:28 PM
- Oplink Communications, Inc. (OPLK): FQ3 EPS of $0.01 misses by $0.10.
- Revenue of $48.1M (+9.1% Y/Y) misses by $2.95M.
Jan. 29, 2014, 4:22 PM
- Oplink Communications, Inc. (OPLK): Q2 EPS of $0.12 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $50.4M (+11.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.4M.
Jan. 29, 2014, 12:10 AM| Jan. 29, 2014, 12:10 AM | 5 Comments