Mar. 17, 2015, 4:21 PM
- Oracle (NYSE:ORCL) uses its FQ3 report to state it's hiking its quarterly dividend by $0.03 to $0.15/share; that's good for a 1.4% yield at current levels. The next dividend will be paid on April 28 to shareholders on record as of April 7.
- Software/cloud revenue rose 1% Y/Y in FQ3 to $7.1B, and 7% in constant currency; guidance was for 5%-8% constant currency growth. Hardware system revenue fell 2% to $1.3B, and rose 5% in constant currency; guidance at CC was -2% to +8%.
- Traditional software license revenue (hurt by cloud software adoption) fell 7% to $1.98B, a bigger decline than FQ2's 4%. Cloud app and app platform (SaaS/PaaS) revenue rose 30% to $372M, and cloud infrastructure (IaaS) revenue 28% to $155M. Software license/product support revenue (fairly stable) rose 2% to $4.66B, and other services revenue fell 3% to $858M.
- Cost controls helped EPS meet estimates in spite of the revenue miss: GAAP operating expenses rose 4% to $5.94B. R&D rose 6% to $1.37B, and sales/marketing just 1% to $1.84B; G&A was flat at $252M. Also boosting EPS: $2B was spent on buybacks.
- With forex acting as a headwind, Asia-Pac revenue fell 19% to $1.38B, and EMEA revenue 4% to $2.81B. Americas revenue rose 4% to $5.13B.
- ORCL +0.9% AH to $43.25. CC at 5PM, guidance will be provided.
- FQ3 results, PR
Jun. 20, 2013, 4:06 PMOracle Corporation (ORCL) declares $0.12/share quarterly dividend, 100% increase from prior dividend of $0.06. Forward yield 1.46%. For shareholders of record July 12. Payable Aug. 02. Ex-div date July 10. Shares -4.9% AH. The board authorized to repurchase additional $12.0B of common stock. (PR) | Jun. 20, 2013, 4:06 PM
Dec. 3, 2012, 4:55 PMOracle Corporation (ORCL) announced acceleration of second, third and fourth quarter dividend totaling $0.18/share. For shareholders of record Dec. 14. Payable Dec. 21. Ex-div date Dec. 12. (PR) | Dec. 3, 2012, 4:55 PM
Dec. 3, 2012, 4:43 PM
With the fiscal cliff (and a potential dividend tax hike) looming, Oracle (ORCL) has decided to accelerate the payment of its FQ2, FQ3, and FQ4 quarterly dividends. The payments, which total $0.18/share, will now be made on Dec. 21 to shareholders on record as of Dec. 14. Oracle's board won't be able to declare another dividend until Aug. 31, 2013, the end of its fiscal year. StreetInsider observes the move could save Larry Ellison $50M in tax payments.| Dec. 3, 2012, 4:43 PM