Thu, Feb. 5, 4:56 PM| 3 Comments
Thu, Feb. 5, 4:02 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:35 PM
- ACET, ACLS, ADNC, AHL, AIV, ARCW, ASEI, ASYS, ATHN, ATR, ATVI, BCOV, BEBE, BMI, BRKS, BRS, BWLD, CALD, CME, CPST, CTRL, CUTR, DCT, DV, ECHO, ECOM, EGAN, EGOV, ENH, EXPE, FLDM, FLT, FWM, GPRO, HME, IMPV, KIM, KRG, LF, LGF, LNKD, MCK, MRIN, MTD, MXWL, NTGR, NUAN, OLN, ONNN, OUTR, P, PCTY, PDFS, PDM, PXLW, RDEN, RENT, SIMG, SLH, SPF, SPSC, SRCL, SWIR, SYMC, TPX, TSYS, TWTR, UBNT, UEPS, VRSN, WAIR, YELP, YRCW
Tue, Jan. 20, 12:45 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 11:37 AM
- Outerwall (OUTR -14.6%) trades lower after CEO J. Scott Di Valerio resigns from his position and the board.
- The company has begun a search process for a replacement.
- In addition, Outerwall is out with updated guidance. Q4 revenue of $598M-$602M vs. $596M consensus expected and EPS of $2.40-$2.52 vs. $2.06 consensus.
Tue, Jan. 20, 9:16 AM
Nov. 24, 2014, 9:09 AM
- Outerwall (NASDAQ:OUTR) increases the price it charges Redbox customers for a DVD rental by 25% to $1.50 a day.
- Rental rates for a Blu-ray disc go up 33% to $2 per day.
- Video games rental rates +50% to $3 per day.
- The company says it relied on consumer testing before deciding on the new price points.
- OUTR +3.8% premarket.
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:06 PM
- Outerwall (NASDAQ:OUTR) expects Q4 revenue of $575M-$605M and EPS of $1.85-$2.15 vs. a consensus of $600.2M and $2.06.
- Q3 Redbox revenue -10.9% Y/Y to $438M; Coinstar revenue +6.9% to $85.1M; new ventures (inc. ecoATM) +95.4% to $29.7M. $70.6M was spent on buybacks.
- Starting next year, Outerwall will only provide annual guidance.
- OUTR +1.6% AH. Q3 results, PR.
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:03 PM
Oct. 6, 2014, 8:23 AM| Comment!
Oct. 4, 2014, 5:14 PM
- Redbox Instant, a streaming video service operated by Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Outerwall's (NASDAQ:OUTR) Redbox, will shut down next week because the venture has not been as successful as hoped.
- The JV launched in March 2013, and was viewed as a potential rival to Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX). The service provided subscribers with access to a streaming library, plus the option to obtain credits toward DVD/Blu-ray discs that are available at Redbox kiosks. Customers could also rent or buy titles electronically from a separate library, with rentals starting at $3 for 48 hours, and purchases starting at $9.
- Redbox Instant by Verizon has not disclosed subscriber figures.
- Rumors about a shutdown first surfaced about a week ago; the service had disabled new sign-ups for three months due to a credit card fraud issue.
Sep. 22, 2014, 10:06 AM
- Shares of Outerwall (OUTR -3.5%) slip after B Riley tags the stock with a Sell rating.
- The investment firm also took its price target down to $47 from $54.
- On the other side of the trade, Piper Jaffray is in defense mode. Piper thinks Outerwall will only face a "slow bleed" of business, instead of the disaster some analysts forecast for the retailer. Shares are kept at Overweight on the premise they are over-sold.
Jul. 31, 2014, 4:05 PM
Jun. 18, 2014, 5:36 PM
May. 1, 2014, 4:09 PM
Apr. 10, 2014, 4:46 PM
- Barry Rosenstein's Jana Partners has cut its Outerwall (OUTR) stake to 4.9% from 8.4%. The firm once owned 13.5% of the Redbox parent. (13D)
- Outerwall shares are up over 30% since Jana's original Oct. 4 disclosure. The company announced a major restructuring (widely believed to be at Jana's urging) in December.
OUTR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR