Penske Automotive Group: What Happened?
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Tue, Jun. 7, 3:56 PM
- The Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index rose 0.6% Y/Y and 1.4% M/M in May to help give a boost today to auto retailer stocks.
- The index rose for the first time on a year-over-year comparison since last December (per Bloomberg).
- Sandler O'Neill analyst Crispin Love calls the used car price reading "surprisingly strong" and says the firm will look for confirmation in other data.
- Related stocks: AutoNation (AN +2.5%), CarMax (KMX +2%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +1.6%), AutoZone (AZO +0.6%), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY +0.6%), Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO +0.8%).
Thu, May 26, 12:14 PM
- RIght now, the chance of an affirmative vote in the Brexit referendum is looking mighty slim, so it's hard to imagine much of an edge here. Nevertheless, the team at JPMorgan has identified 22 U.S. stocks with the highest U.K. exposure as a percent of revenue. These names would thus theoretically benefit from a "Remain" vote.
- Penske (NYSE:PAG), PPL Corp. (NYSE:PPL), PRA Health (NASDAQ:PRAH), Invesco (NYSE:IVZ), Xerox (NYSE:XRX), Ford (NYSE:F), Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), CBRE Group (NYSE:CBG), Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWR), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Marsh & McLennan (NYSE:MMC), MSCI (NYSE:MSCI), ON Semi (NASDAQ:ON), Aon (NYSE:AON), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Crane (NYSE:CR), Maximus (NYSE:MMS), Legg Mason (NYSE:LM), Guidewire (NYSE:GWRE), Signet (NYSE:SIG), Fair Isaac (NYSE:FICO), DST Systems (NYSE:DST).
Wed, May 25, 8:57 AM
- An analysis of data from LendingTree suggests that millennials want to drive and own cars.
- "The share of millennial auto loan requests has climbed from roughly 27 percent in early 2013 to about 34 percent in 2016, suggesting a return of younger buyers to the car market," concludes Lending Tree after diving into loan requests.
- On a volume basis, the most popular cars that millennials requested a loan for were the Nissan Altima, Dodge Charger, Honda Accord, Chevrolet Impala, and Chevrolet Tahoe. Millennials opted for used vehicles at a slightly higher clip than older drivers, 46% vs. 44%.
- The crush of major automaker-tech firm partnerships (Toyota-Uber, GM-Lyft, Fiat-Google, Volkswagen-Gett) popping up is predicated in part on a younger generation attuned to ride-sharing and ride-hailing. There's also been an assumption by some analysts of a topping out of U.S. auto demand this year or next due in part to millennial disinterest.
- Related automaker/auto retailer stocks: PAG, ABG, LAD, GPI, SAH, KMX, AN, RUSHA, OTCPK:DDAIF, TM, HMC, TSLA, TTM, OTCPK:VLKAY, GM, F, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:FUJHF.
Wed, May 4, 8:49 AM
Tue, Apr. 26, 12:55 PM
- Penske Automotive Group (PAG +8.8%) is higher after beating on both lines of its Q1 report.
- Same-store retail revenue increased 2.5% during the quarter, +4.7% on a constant currency basis.
- Unit sales were up 9.9% to 111,494 with gains from the new and used business both close to 10%.
- The average transaction price per unit was -3.8% to $38,607 for new vehicles and +0.4% to $26,780 for used.
- The company says the acquisition of Harper Truck Centres will add about $130M to annualized revenue.
- Previously: Penske Automotive beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (April 26)
Tue, Apr. 26, 6:58 AM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:30 PM
- ABG, ABX, AHGP, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, ARLP, ATI, AVX, AXE, BAX, BEAV, BLMN, BP, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRS, CTG, CYNO, DD, DFRG, DTE, ENTG, ETR, FBC, FCAU, FCH, FCX, FLIR, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, GPK, HSY, HUBB, HZO, ICLR, IIVI, IR, JBLU, JNS, LLY, LMT, LPT, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MMM, NCI, ODP, PAG, PCAR, PCH, PG, PH, PNR, POL, R, RAI, SAH, SAVE, SCL, SIR, SPG, ST, SUI, SVU, TEN, TMUS, TRI, TROW, WAB, WAT, WDR, WHR, WYN
Wed, Mar. 16, 10:23 AM
- The percentage of BMW (OTCPK:BAMXY) vehicles either leased or financed went to 46.3% in 2015 from a level of 41.8% just a year prior, observes Bloomberg Gadfly. A massive jump for a short time period.
- Though the company isn't suffering from some of the delinquency issues that are picking up in the automobile industry (see subprime concerns for lenders, auto retailers, and Detroit majors), there could be implications down the road as a glut of vehicles come off their leases.
- Across the industry, vehicle leasing as a percentage of sales rose to 32.3% in February vs. the average of 28% in 2015. That's a development that could add to pricing pressure down the road for high-end and mass market brands as a higher percentage of vehicles come off their leases.
- Related stocks: PAG, ABG, LAD, GPI, SAH, KMX, AN, RUSHA, OTCPK:DDAIF, TM, HMC, TSLA, TTM, OTCPK:VLKAY, GM, F.
Tue, Mar. 15, 10:53 AM
- There's sharp losses in the auto dealer sector today. The negative stance from investors could be a reaction to increasing concerns on subprime auto loans.
- Decliners: Penske Automotive (PAG -4.4%), Sonic Automotive (SAH -4%), Asbury Automotive (ABG -2.8%), CarMax (KMX -3.3%), Lithia Motors (LAD -3.6%), AutoNation (AN -3.7%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI -2.3%), Rush Enterprises (RUSHA -1.9%).
- Previously: Shades of subprime flash warning for auto sales (Mar. 14 2016)
- Previously: Subprime auto worry hits lenders (Mar. 15 2016)
Tue, Feb. 23, 9:55 AM
- Auto retailer stocks are flying in early trading even with the broad market dragging its feet.
- Positive news in the sector includes Sonic Automotive (SAH +8.3%) topping EPS estimates with its Q4 report, Buckingham Research upgrading Penske Automotive Group (PAG +5.1%) to a Buy rating, and a new $250M share repurchase plan for AutoNation (AN +5%).
- Other strong movers include Asbury Automotive (ABG +8.8%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +1.4%), and Lithia Motors (LAD +2%).
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:58 AM
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:55 PM
- Penske Automotive (NYSE:PAG) declares $0.26/share quarterly dividend, 4% increase from prior dividend of $0.25.
- Forward yield 3.41%
- Payable March 1; for shareholders of record Feb. 10; ex-div Feb. 8.
Thu, Jan. 7, 5:26 PM
- Penske Automotive Group (PAG -3.6%) has taken a 49% stake in Japan's Nicole Group, a luxury dealership group operating in Kanagawa and Tokyo.
- Nicole Group has been named the best BMW dealership in Japan seven times; it operates four BMW (and three Mini) dealerships, along with a Rolls-Royce dealership, a Ferrari dealership, two stand-alone service centers and two pre-owned showrooms.
- Penske plans to treat its stake as an equity investment, putting its pro rata share of income reported as equity in earnings of affiliates.
- Shares are flat in after-hours action.
Oct. 29, 2015, 6:58 AM
- Penske Automotive (NYSE:PAG): Q3 EPS of $0.96 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $4.96B (+13.0% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Penske Automotive Group, Inc. engages in the transportation services, retail automotive dealerships, commercial vehicle distribution, and car rental franchises. It operates through two segments: the Retail and Other segments. The Retail segment includes automotive retail operations. The Other... More
Industry: Auto Dealerships
Country: United States
Other News & PR