Yesterday, 8:35 AM
Wed, Jun. 29, 5:30 PM
Mon, May 23, 12:39 PM
- "Politics is now a topic in every client discussion," say David Kostin and team, and the nature of today's electorate nearly assures a close race, even though prediction markets currently assign a high probability of a Clinton victory.
- When uncertainty rises, consumer staples (NYSEARCA:XLP) typically outperforms, while tech (NYSEARCA:XLK) lags.
- Getting down to names, with protectionism and tax policy two key areas of debate, buy those stocks with high U.S. sales and high effective tax rates, and avoid those with high foreign sales and low tax rates.
- High U.S. sales and high tax rates (buy): Cardinal Health (NYSE:CAH), Fidelity National (NYSE:FIS), Discover (NYSE:DFS), AmerisourceBergen (NYSE:ABC), Schwab (NYSE:SCHW), ADP (NASDAQ:ADP), Chipotle (NYSE:CMG), Reynolds America (NYSE:RAI), Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX), Alliance Data (NYSE:ADS), Fiserv (NASDAQ:FISV), Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX), Whole Foods (NASDAQ:WFM), Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM), Intuit (NASDAQ:INTU), Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV).
- High foreign sales and low tax rates (avoid): Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT), Agilent (NYSE:A), Mondelez (NASDAQ:MDLZ), XL Group (NYSE:XL), Waters (NYSE:WAT), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), Transocean (NYSE:RIG), PerkinElmer (NYSE:PKI), Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA), Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX), Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC).
Fri, Apr. 29, 8:44 AM
Wed, Mar. 30, 8:32 AM
Tue, Mar. 29, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jan. 15, 8:59 AM
Dec. 22, 2015, 8:32 AM
- Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX): FQ2 EPS of $0.52 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $722.4M (+6.8% Y/Y) misses by $2.07M.
Dec. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
Oct. 14, 2015, 7:39 AM
- Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX) declares $0.42/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.37%
- Payable Nov. 19; for shareholders of record Nov. 2; ex-div Oct. 29.
Sep. 30, 2015, 8:36 AM
- Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX): FQ1 EPS of $0.58 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $723M (+8.4% Y/Y) beats by $5.45M.
- Shares +1.06% PM.
Sep. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM| Sep. 29, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 25, 2015, 10:43 AM
- Goldman Sachs analysts say the U.S. stock market correction has many more parallels with 1998 than 2008, which “suggest[s] a rebound ahead,” while predicting the S&P 500 will rise by 11% from current levels to reach 2,100 by year's end.
- The S&P fell 19% between July and August 1998, but "ultimately, the U.S. economy was relatively unaffected by overseas financial market gyrations in 1998, and we believe a similar situation will occur in 2015," Goldman says.
- The correlation between U.S. economic growth and Chinese growth is relatively low, Goldman says, estimating that a one percentage point drop in Chinese growth would translate into a 0.06 pp reduction in U.S. GDP.
- The best strategy for U.S. consumers, the bank advises, is to hold companies with high domestic revenues and avoid companies with high foreign sales.
- Goldman's list of the 25 most oversold stocks with high U.S. sales exposure: KMX, M, WFM, CHK, SWN, RRC, COG, PXD, OKE, MPC, NAVI, ETFC, LNC, BXP, KEY, RF, DFS, ANTM, CSX, NSC, UNP, JBHT, FSLR, ADS, PAYX
Jul. 21, 2015, 10:15 AM
- New proposed rules from the Labor Department on overtime wages have companies scrambling to adjust to the potential for lower thresholds for extra pay.
- Though there are some fears that costs could rise for retailers and restaurant chains as they pay out more OT wages, MIT professor Thomas Kochan notes the industries could evolve to become more efficient.
- A push toward efficiency tracking could benefit payroll services companies such as ADP (NASDAQ:ADP), Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX), and TriNet (NYSE:TNET).
- Previously: Overtime pay rules to be shaken up (Jun. 30 2015)
- Previously: New overtime wage proposal looms large in retail sector (Jun. 30 2015)
Jul. 9, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX) declares $0.42/share quarterly dividend, 10.5% increase from prior dividend of $0.38.
- Forward yield 3.55%
- Payable Aug. 20; for shareholders of record Aug. 3; ex-div July 30.
Jul. 1, 2015, 8:35 AM
- Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX): FQ4 EPS of $0.44 in-line.
- Revenue of $692.2M (+8.3% Y/Y) beats by $1.85M.
- Shares -0.4% PM.
Paychex, Inc. engages in the provision of payroll, human resource, insurance, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small and medium sized businesses. The company offers payroll processing, payroll tax administration services, employee payment services, regulatory compliance services, Paychex... More
Industry: Staffing & Outsourcing Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR