Alpha Gen Capital
Tue, Aug. 2, 7:45 AM
- Pitney Bowes (NYSE:PBI) reports revenue fell 4% on a constant currency basis in Q2.
- Equipment sales decreased 7.8% to $152.64M.
- Business services sales grew 4.1% to $201.46M.
- Segment revenue: Small & medium business solutions: $428.41M (-8%); Enterprise business solutions: $211.64M (flat); Digital commerce solutions: $195.84M (+11%).
- Adjusted EBIT margin declined 200 bps to 18.4%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Revenue: -1% to -3% (on a constant currency basis); Adjusted EPS: $1.75 to $1.82; Free cash flow: $400M to $450M; Tax rate: 33% to 35%.
Tue, May 3, 12:38 PM
- Pitney Bowes (PBI -10.2%) slumps after Q1 results arrived short of consensus estimates.
- A tough quarter for the software solutions business weighed on profit, with adjusted EPS down from the year-ago period.
- A bright spot in the report was the 11% gain in sales (constant currency) for the Digital Commerce Solutions segment.
- Previously: Pitney Bowes misses by $0.07, misses on revenue
Tue, Feb. 2, 8:12 AM
- Pitney Bowes (NYSE:PBI) reports revenue declined 2% on a constant currency basis in Q4.
- Equipment sales fell 5.9% to $199.83M.
- Segment revenue: Small & medium business solutions: $477.25M (-6%); Enterprise business solutions: $244.55M (-2%); Digital commerce solutions: $215.16M (+11%).
- EBIT margin decreased 120 bps to 26.3%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Revenue: -1% to +2% on a constant currency basis; GAAP & Adjusted EPS: $1.80 to $2; Free cash flow: $425M to $525M.
Jul. 30, 2015, 10:44 AM
- Pitney Bowes (NYSE:PBI) reports a 4% decline in revenue on a constant currency basis.
- Equipment sales fell 13.6% to $165.51M.
- Segment revenue: Small & medium business solutions: $476.40M (-11%); Enterprise business solutions: $211.65M (-5%); Digital commerce solutions: $177.01M (flat); Other: $24.83M (-26%).
- EBIT margin increased 190 bps to 26.33%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Revenue: -1% to +1% on a constant currency basis; GAAP EPS: $2.06 to $2.21; Adjusted EPS: $1.75 to $1.90; Free cash flow: $450M to $525M.
- Q2 results
Jun. 10, 2015, 10:37 AM
- Pitney Bowes (PBI +2.4%) trades higher after announcing the formation of a new global e-commerce business unit.
- The new unit will include the acquired Borderfree brand.
- The company taps Lila Snyder to head up the new e-commerce entity.
Feb. 2, 2015, 1:50 PM
Jul. 30, 2014, 9:59 AM
- Pitney Bowes (PBI +5.2%) gains after Q2 results match expectations and the firm's guidance looks promising.
- The Digital Commerce Solutions segment saw a 27% jump in revenue to $211M during Q2 and 17% rise in EBIT to $18M.
- The company raised its view of FY14 EPS to $1.80-$1.90 vs. $1.75-$1.90 prior and $1.85 consensus.
May 19, 2014, 9:40 AM
- Pitney Bowes (PBI +2.6%) trades higher after Barron's writer Jack Hough indicates in a positive piece that shares could soar over the next three years.
- The bullish take on PBI is that the profitable postal meter business is still steady, while digital products and services provide new growth channels.
Jan. 30, 2014, 12:45 PM
Oct. 29, 2013, 12:26 PM
- Pitney Bowes (PBI +11%) soars after the company beats the Street's profit estimate.
- Revenue fell 1% during for the period. Digital Commerce Solutions sales +9% Y/Y.
- EBIT margin improves 80 bps.
- "The results reflect aggressive actions ... in line with [PBI's] long-term strategy to deliver greater value for shareholders and clients," CEO Marc Lautenbach says, adding that the company will "continue to use a portion of the savings generated from reduced operating costs to invest in positioning [the] digital commerce solutions [business] for growth."
- FY13 outlook: Adjusted EPS of $1.68-1.83 versus previous guidance of $1.62-1.77 and against consensus of $1.81. Revenue growth guidance affirmed at -1% to +2%. (PR)
Jul. 30, 2013, 12:31 PM
- Pitney Bowes (PBI +11.5%) soars a day after it showed more profit than anticipated in Q2.
- The decision to sell its management services business to Apollo Global Management for $400M is expected to help the company operate more leanly.
- Short interest is very high on PBI which could be affecting trading.
Jul. 19, 2013, 5:32 PM
Jun. 7, 2013, 5:30 PM
May 3, 2013, 9:43 AM
Pitney Bowes (PBI +8.2%) gains after the company's CEO says during his presentation at Analyst Day that he will buy $1M worth of stock. The title of the talk was "Unlocking Value" which almost tells the story on what the company plans to do all by itself. (webcast, slides .pdf)| May 3, 2013, 9:43 AM | 1 Comment
Apr. 30, 2013, 12:46 PM
Apr. 30, 2013, 9:17 AM
Pitney Bowes (PBI) looks set for a lackluster session after adjusted Q1 earnings miss estimates. The real negative however, was the company's announcement that it will slash its dividend by 50% in order to "provide the company [with] added financial flexibility." Shares -10.7% premarket.| Apr. 30, 2013, 9:17 AM | 1 Comment