Wed, Jun. 22, 9:24 AM
Thu, May 12, 7:14 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Prima BioMed (NASDAQ:PBMD) jumps 28% premarket on light volume in response to its announcement that it has licensed its CVac immuno-oncology program to Vancouver, BC-based Sydys (OTCPK:SYYC), a former website publishing company that has been repurposed as a clinical-stage biotech to develop the CVac assets.
- After the deal closes, former Prima Chief Technical Officer Dr. Sharron Gargosky will transition to Sydys as a consultant while CEO Marc Voigt will join the board. Biotech entrepreneur Joseph Hernandez will serve as Executive Chairman.
- Prima will receive a 9.9% equity stake in Sydys and will be eligible to earn over A$400M (US$293M) in various milestones in addition to low single-digit royalties on net sales.
- CVac is an autologous cancer vaccine that stimulates the patient's immune system to target and destroy tumors. The therapy involves isolating white blood cells from the patient's whole blood via leukapheresis. The cells are then matured and treated with mucin 1, a cell surface protein that is overexpressed in epithelial tumors, and then injected just below the skin surface of the patient. The cells enter into the circulation where they activate T cells to target and kill mucin-1-producing cancer cells.
Mon, May 2, 9:13 AM
Fri, Mar. 4, 8:00 AM
Mon, Feb. 1, 8:01 AM
- The USPTO issues Patent No. 9,244,059 titled, "Cytotoxic anti-LAG-3 monoclonal antibody and its use in the treatment or prevention or organ transplant rejection and autoimmune disease" to Prima BioMed (NASDAQ:PBMD).
- The patent covers its IMP731 antibody originally developed by Immutep, who GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE:GSK) purchased the development rights from in December 2010. It is currently conducting clinical studies of a proprietary antibody derived from IMP731 called GSK2831781. It is responsible for all development costs associated with GSK2831781 while Prima is eligible to receive milestones up to 64M British pounds and and single-digit tiered royalties on net sales.
Dec. 31, 2015, 12:06 PM
- TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals (TLOG +34.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $5 (170% upside) price target by Roth Capital.
- Prima BioMed (PBMD +8.1%) initiated with Buy rating and $6 (400% upside) price target by Roth Capital.
- Chimerix (CMRX +6.2%) downgraded to Neutral from Overweight JP Morgan. Price target lowered to $15 (69% upside) from $51. Barclays maintains Overweight rating but lowers price target to $12 from $64. Piper Jaffray maintains Overweight rating but lowers price target to $10 from $63. FBR downgrades to Market Perform and reduces price target to $14 from $73.
Dec. 31, 2015, 9:17 AM
Dec. 22, 2015, 9:56 AM
- Prima BioMed (PBMD +1.4%) initiates a Phase 2b clinical trial, AIPAC, assessing lead product candidate, IMP321, in combination with paclitaxel, for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer. Four sites in Belgium have been cleared by their Institutional Review Boards to start recruiting patients. Dosing should start next month.
- AIPAC (Active Immunotherapy PAClitaxel), a 211-subject, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, will be conducted across 30 sites in six European countries. The primary endpoint is progression-free survival (PFS) in hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer patients treated with IMP321 or placebo as adjunctive therapy to the standard chemo treatment of paclitaxel. Secondary endpoints include overall survival, objective response rate and duration of response.
- According to clinicaltrials.gov, the estimated study completion date is June 2019.
- IMP321 is a recombinant protein called an antigen presenting cell (APC) activator. It has demonstrated the ability to induce sustained immune responses in cancer patients when used at low dose as a cancer vaccine adjuvant or a systemic effect when used at higher doses (general APC activation).
Dec. 22, 2015, 9:16 AM
Dec. 11, 2015, 9:16 AM
Dec. 4, 2015, 8:03 AM
- Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) resumed with Underweight rating and $23 (14% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Prima Biomed (NASDAQ:PBMD) initiated with Outperform rating and $6 (376% upside) price target by FBR Capital.
- Bluebird bio (NASDAQ:BLUE) resumed with Buy rating and $121 (54% upside) price target by Roth Capital.
- Barclays initiates coverage of six large caps: AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) with an Equal Weight rating and $72 (28% upside) price target; Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY) with an Equal Weight rating and $70 (5% upside) price target; Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) with an Overweight rating and $115 (14% upside) price target; Merck with an Overweight rating and a $66 (25% upside) price target; Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) with an Overweight rating and $95 (14% upside) price target and Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) with an Equal Weight rating and $34 (5% upside) price target.
- GW Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:GWPH) resumed with Buy rating and $130 (51% upside) price target by Roth Capital.
- ImmunoGen (NASDAQ:IMGN) resumed with Buy rating and $16 (24% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- Myokardia (NASDAQ:MYOK) initiated with an Outperform rating and $22 (75% upside) price target by Wedbush and an Outperform rating and $18 (43% upside) price target by Credit Suisse.
Dec. 3, 2015, 12:59 PM
Dec. 3, 2015, 10:12 AM
- Nano cap Prima BioMed (PBMD +35.2%) is up on a healthy 14x surge in volume. The only news is the initiation of coverage by FBR Capital with an Outperform rating and $6 (308% upside) price target.
- The stock went through the roof in May in response to positive results in a mid-stage study of personalized immunocellular therapeutic CVac in ovarian cancer.
- Previously: Prima BioMed up big on positive clinical trial results (May 19)
Dec. 3, 2015, 9:15 AM
Nov. 25, 2015, 9:19 AM
Oct. 14, 2015, 9:13 AM
Prima BioMed Ltd. is a biotechnology company, which has focused on developing novel oncology therapies in the field of immunotherapy. The company's core product is CVac, which is vaccine therapy treatment for ovarian cancer patients administered post-surgery and post-chemotherapy to delay the... More