Tue, Mar. 8, 9:27 AM
Thu, Mar. 3, 7:32 AM
- Irish bookmaker Paddy Power Betfair (OTC:PDYPF, OTCPK:PDYPY) is set to be included in the FTSE 100 Index after the London market closes today.
- The company's market cap qualifies for inclusion after the merger between Paddy Power and Betfair.
- Supermarket operator WM Morrison Supermarkets (OTCPK:MRWSF, OTCPK:MRWSY) will also make the jump to the FTSE 100.
Aug. 26, 2015, 4:32 AM
- Betfair (OTC:BTFRF) and Irish rival Paddy Power (OTC:PDYPF) have reached an agreement in principle on a £5B ($7.85 billion) merger that would create one of the world's largest online betting and gaming groups with revenues of over £1.1B.
- The deal is the latest in a flurry of M&A activity in the industry, which is expected to accelerate as gambling firms look to protect themselves from increasing tax and regulatory pressures.
Currently, there's no company description for PDYPF.
Industry: Personal Services
Other News & PR