Paddy Power Betfair PLCGrey Market
Fri, Nov. 4, 11:12 AM
Fri, Oct. 14, 11:58 AM
- Shares of William Hill (OTC:WIMHF, OTCPK:WIMHY) moved 4% higher today in London as investors bet again that the gaming firm will combine with Amaya (AYA -1.8%).
- The two companies are reportedly in "crisis talks" over opposition to their planned merger.
- The U.K. gaming sector is on a track of consolidation as online firms look to partner up with traditional players. Betfair (OTC:BTFRF) and Paddy Power (OTC:PDYPF, OTCPK:PDYPY) merged earlier this year, while Ladbrokes (OTC:LDBKF, OTCPK:LDBKY) and Gala Coral are due to close on their deal later this year. Last year, GVC Holdings (OTC:GMVHF) acquired Bwin.party.
Tue, Mar. 8, 9:27 AM
- Paddy Power Betfair (OTC:PDYPF): FY15 EBITDA of €233M
- Revenue of €1.09B (+23.6% Y/Y).
Thu, Mar. 3, 7:32 AM
- Irish bookmaker Paddy Power Betfair (OTC:PDYPF, OTCPK:PDYPY) is set to be included in the FTSE 100 Index after the London market closes today.
- The company's market cap qualifies for inclusion after the merger between Paddy Power and Betfair.
- Supermarket operator WM Morrison Supermarkets (OTCPK:MRWSF, OTCPK:MRWSY) will also make the jump to the FTSE 100.
Aug. 26, 2015, 4:32 AM
- Betfair (OTC:BTFRF) and Irish rival Paddy Power (OTC:PDYPF) have reached an agreement in principle on a £5B ($7.85 billion) merger that would create one of the world's largest online betting and gaming groups with revenues of over £1.1B.
- The deal is the latest in a flurry of M&A activity in the industry, which is expected to accelerate as gambling firms look to protect themselves from increasing tax and regulatory pressures.