Wed, Jul. 27, 4:20 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Wed, May 18, 5:45 PM
- The EPA proposes raising the amount of ethanol refineries must blend into the U.S. gasoline supply in 2017, but the amount is still well short of a target set by federal law.
- The agency is calling for 18.8B gallons of ethanol and other biofuels to be blended into the fuel supply next year 2017, up 4% from the 18.11B gallons set for this year but far below the 24B gallons targeted in a 2007 law.
- The rise is smaller than the amount backed by the farm lobby and biofuels companies such as Archer Daniels Midland (NYSE:ADM), Green Plains (NASDAQ:GPRE), Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX), Renewable Energy Group (NASDAQ:REGI) and Rex American Resources (NYSE:REX).
- The proposal reflects oil companies’ concerns that the Renewable Fuel Standard is pushing them beyond the “blend wall” where targets force them to mix a higher proportion of ethanol into fuel than the 10% level approved for use in all cars and trucks.
- However, “the EPA continues to very slowly edge the market above the 10 percent blend wall, which we view as part of a concerted effort to incentivize consumption of higher blends over time without risking market disruption,” says FBR Capital analyst Benjamin Salisbury.
- The EPA is expected to issue a final rule by year-end, following a public comment period.
Wed, May 4, 4:20 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Mon, Apr. 11, 3:58 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (PEIX +2%) is not producing enough value for investors and should consider major changes ranging from a merger to selling assets, says Candlewood Investment Group, which controls 10.1M shares, or ~26% of the company's shares.
- The hedge fund says it believes the market undervalues PEIX shares, and that the company’s assets, which carry no debt, could be sold to the benefit of shareholders.
- Now read Pacific Ethanol +10% after Q4 earnings beat, optimistic outlook
Thu, Mar. 10, 12:48 PM
Thu, Mar. 10, 8:29 AM
- Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX) +9.9% premarket after posting better than expected Q4 earnings and a 47% Y/Y revenue increase.
- PEIX says it aims to improve its results by cutting production, further lowering production costs and expanding sales of higher-value ethanol, among other steps.
- "We are confident that the fundamentals of ethanol as a valuable source of octane and carbon reductions will support continued growth in demand and improved production margins," the company says.
- Last week, the company paid $17M in cash to retire remaining debt on its four west coast plants.
Wed, Mar. 9, 4:10 PM
Tue, Mar. 8, 5:35 PM
Nov. 30, 2015, 3:28 PM
- Biofuel names react favorably and refiners negatively to just-released EPA biofuel targets that come in above those proposed by the agency in May.
- Fuel suppliers will be required to mix 16.93B gallons of corn-based ethanol and other renewable fuels into gasoline this year and 18.11B gallons next year, according to the newest EPA targets.
- The final 2016 standard for advanced biofuel is nearly 1B gallons, or 35% higher than actual 2014 volumes.
- Biofuel names include: PEIX +17.7%, REGI +8.1%, AMRS +7%, GEVO +4.9%, SZYM +2.5%, GPRE +6.2%, REX +3.2%, ADM flat.
- Refiners are pulling back: VLO -0.9%, TSO -1.5%, HFC -2.6%, MPC -0.3%, PSX -0.9%, WNR -0.7%, CLMT -2.6%.
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX): Q3 EPS of -$0.18 misses by $0.10.
- Revenue of $380.69M (+38.1% Y/Y) beats by $14.39M.
- Shares +0.9%.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Jul. 29, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX): Q2 EPS of $0.03 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $227.6M (-29.1% Y/Y) misses by $36.67M.
- Shares -1.9%.
Jul. 14, 2015, 2:41 AM
- As U.S. demand remains plagued by political uncertainty, Valero Energy (NYSE:VLO) is preparing to sell ethanol for export for the first time.
- The move will pit the company against Archer Daniels Midland (NYSE:ADM), privately-held Marquis Energy, and Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX).
- For now, Valero will sell the material on a freight-on-board basis for shipment overseas, although it eventually plans to sell its output and third-party production directly to buyers.
May 29, 2015, 11:15 AM
- Ethanol companies rise while refiners are off session highs after the EPA announces its renewables fuels mandate.
- The EPA proposes requiring 15.93B gallons of total renewable fuel in 2014, 16.3B gallons in 2015, and 17.4B gallons in 2016, but the proposal for the total renewable fuel requirement falls short of levels Congress mandated, which were 20.5B gallons in 2015 and 22.5B gallons in 2016.
- Also, the EPA cuts 2016 corn-ethanol quota to 14B gallons; U.S. law required 15B gallons of ethanol for 2016.
- Ethanol exposed companies are mostly higher: ADM +0.7%, GPRE +4.2%, PEIX +4.1%, REX +1%, DAR +2%, CZZ -2.2%.
- Among refiners: HFC +0.3%, TSO +1.3%, VLO +0.8%, WNR +1.9%, PBF -1%.
- Biofuel related stocks: GEVO -8.3%, SZYM -2.7%, CDTI -1%, REGI -0.7%.
Pacific Ethanol, Inc. produces and markets low-carbon renewable fuels in the Western United States. It sells ethanol co-products, including wet distillers grain, and provides transportation, storage and delivery of ethanol through third-party service providers in the Western United States. The... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Specialty Chemicals
Country: United States
Other News & PR