Pacific Ethanol, Inc.NASDAQ
Pacific Ethanol's Aventine Acquisition Begins To Pay Off
Tristan R. Brown
Tristan R. Brown
Mon, Sep. 12, 2:29 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (PEIX +3%) is higher following news that the EPA approved the first-ever process for generating cellulosic ethanol at its plant in Stockton, Calif.
- PEIX says its Edeniq Pathway technology produces the gasoline additive from corn kernel fiber in existing fermentation vessels and allows producers to better quantify the amounts they produce to comply with EPA reporting rules.
- PEIX says it expects to produce 1M-plus gal/year of cellulosic ethanol at its Stockton facility.
Fri, Aug. 5, 12:25 PM
- The American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers trade group is petitioning the EPA to change the way the agency enforces the U.S. biofuel mandate, shifting the responsibility of program compliance with distributors who blend gasoline with ethanol for delivery to filling stations, not with refiners who make the fuels.
- The AFPM and other oil and gas groups have long been opposed to the Renewable Fuel Standard, which sets the amounts of biofuels such as ethanol that must be blended into U.S. gasoline and diesel supplies annually, arguing the mandates are costly for refiners and do not reflect actual gasoline demand, which has not risen as fast as lawmakers originally envisioned.
- Renewable fuel credits have surged 32% in the past two months, even as crude oil prices have dropped; this year, U.S. refiners will pay $1.8B for the RIN credits, adding to the pain of the lowest summer profit margins in five years.
- Relevant tickers include VLO, PBF, CVRR, HFC, REGI, PEIX, REX, GPRE
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:20 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Wed, May 18, 5:45 PM
- The EPA proposes raising the amount of ethanol refineries must blend into the U.S. gasoline supply in 2017, but the amount is still well short of a target set by federal law.
- The agency is calling for 18.8B gallons of ethanol and other biofuels to be blended into the fuel supply next year 2017, up 4% from the 18.11B gallons set for this year but far below the 24B gallons targeted in a 2007 law.
- The rise is smaller than the amount backed by the farm lobby and biofuels companies such as Archer Daniels Midland (NYSE:ADM), Green Plains (NASDAQ:GPRE), Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX), Renewable Energy Group (NASDAQ:REGI) and Rex American Resources (NYSE:REX).
- The proposal reflects oil companies’ concerns that the Renewable Fuel Standard is pushing them beyond the “blend wall” where targets force them to mix a higher proportion of ethanol into fuel than the 10% level approved for use in all cars and trucks.
- However, “the EPA continues to very slowly edge the market above the 10 percent blend wall, which we view as part of a concerted effort to incentivize consumption of higher blends over time without risking market disruption,” says FBR Capital analyst Benjamin Salisbury.
- The EPA is expected to issue a final rule by year-end, following a public comment period.
Wed, May 4, 4:20 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX): Q1 EPS of -$0.32 misses by $0.19.
- Revenue of $342.4M (+66.1% Y/Y) misses by $17.97M.
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Mon, Apr. 11, 3:58 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (PEIX +2%) is not producing enough value for investors and should consider major changes ranging from a merger to selling assets, says Candlewood Investment Group, which controls 10.1M shares, or ~26% of the company's shares.
- The hedge fund says it believes the market undervalues PEIX shares, and that the company’s assets, which carry no debt, could be sold to the benefit of shareholders.
- Now read Pacific Ethanol +10% after Q4 earnings beat, optimistic outlook
Thu, Mar. 10, 12:48 PM
Thu, Mar. 10, 8:29 AM
- Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX) +9.9% premarket after posting better than expected Q4 earnings and a 47% Y/Y revenue increase.
- PEIX says it aims to improve its results by cutting production, further lowering production costs and expanding sales of higher-value ethanol, among other steps.
- "We are confident that the fundamentals of ethanol as a valuable source of octane and carbon reductions will support continued growth in demand and improved production margins," the company says.
- Last week, the company paid $17M in cash to retire remaining debt on its four west coast plants.
Wed, Mar. 9, 4:10 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX): Q4 EPS of $0.02 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $376.75M (+47.1% Y/Y) misses by $0.78M.
Tue, Mar. 8, 5:35 PM
Nov. 30, 2015, 3:28 PM
- Biofuel names react favorably and refiners negatively to just-released EPA biofuel targets that come in above those proposed by the agency in May.
- Fuel suppliers will be required to mix 16.93B gallons of corn-based ethanol and other renewable fuels into gasoline this year and 18.11B gallons next year, according to the newest EPA targets.
- The final 2016 standard for advanced biofuel is nearly 1B gallons, or 35% higher than actual 2014 volumes.
- Biofuel names include: PEIX +17.7%, REGI +8.1%, AMRS +7%, GEVO +4.9%, SZYM +2.5%, GPRE +6.2%, REX +3.2%, ADM flat.
- Refiners are pulling back: VLO -0.9%, TSO -1.5%, HFC -2.6%, MPC -0.3%, PSX -0.9%, WNR -0.7%, CLMT -2.6%.
Nov. 4, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX): Q3 EPS of -$0.18 misses by $0.10.
- Revenue of $380.69M (+38.1% Y/Y) beats by $14.39M.
- Shares +0.9%.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACLS, ACXM, AEL, AHT, ALB, ALR, ANDE, ARC, AREX, ARPI, ATO, AVG, AWAY, AWK, BGC, BKCC, BKD, BNFT, BOJA, BREW, BRKR, BWXT, CAA, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CDXS, CF, CJES, CLR, CNAT, CODI, COHR, CPE, CSC, CSGS, CSII, CSLT, CTL, CVG, CVT, CXO, CXW, DCO, DOOR, DPM, DXCM, DYN, EGAN, ENVA, EOX, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ETE, ETP, EVAR, EVTC, EXAM, FB, FC, FEYE, FLT, FOE, FPRX, FRSH, FRT, FTD, FUEL, G, GDDY, GPOR, GTY, GUID, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIVE, HOLX, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IL, IO, JKHY, JONE, JRVR, KAI, KAR, KIM, KING, KND, KW, LADR, LCI, LDRH, LGCY, LHCG, LPSN, MATX, MB, MBI, MCHP, MCHX, MELI, MET, MHLD, MITT, MNTX, MOSY, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, MYRG, NLY, NNBR, NOG, NP, NWPX, OME, OSUR, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PFMT, PFSI, PGTI, PHH, PMT, POWR, PRA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, QCOM, QUOT, RDEN, RENT, RGR, RIG, RIGP, RJET, RLJ, RNR, RST, SBAC, SBY, SCSS, SD, SF, SGM, SLF, SPPI, SQNM, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TEP, TROX, TS, TSE, TUMI, TWO, TXMD, UHAL, VEC, VVUS, WFM, WMGI, WPX, WRK, WSR, WTI, XENT, XNPT, XPO
Jul. 29, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Pacific Ethanol (NASDAQ:PEIX): Q2 EPS of $0.03 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $227.6M (-29.1% Y/Y) misses by $36.67M.
- Shares -1.9%.