Fri, Feb. 26, 12:26 PM
- Casino stocks are churning higher today as the mix of macroeconomic news and earnings reads continues to lean to the favorable side.
- Earlier today, casino industry supplier Scientific Games reported earnings which included a solid increase in gaming machine shipments by the company to U.S. and Canadian customers (+12% pro forma w/Bally's acquisition factored in).
- Gainers include Caesars Entertainment (CZR +11.1%), Boyd Gaming (BYD +7.5%), Isle of Capri Casinos (ISLE +3.2%), MGM Resorts (MGM +3.3%), Wynn Resorts (WYNN +2.9%), and Penn National Gaming (PENN +1.8%).
- The Market Vectors Gaming ETF (NYSEARCA:BJK) is up 1.1%, compared to a flat S&P 500 Index.
- Related: Casino Stocks Are Coming Up Aces (Feb. 23 2016)
- Related: March Madness In Las Vegas: More Proof That Gaming Has Become An Event Driven Industry (Feb. 26 2016)
Wed, Jan. 20, 10:40 AM
- Casino stocks are getting battered as the cases for revenue recoveries in Macau and Las Vegas start to crumble. Analysts note that the correlation between stock market turmoil and a drop in VIP casino traffic is hard to ignore.
- Major losses are being racked up by Wynn Resorts (WYNN -10.1%), Melco Crown (MPEL -9.7%), MGM Resorts (MGM -9.5%), Las Vegas Sands (LVS -8.7%), Caesars Entertainment (CZR -8.3%), Boyd Gaming (BYD -8.2%), Century Casinos (CNTY -7.6%), Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK -6.8%), and Penn National Gaming (PENN -6.1%).
- Related ETF: BJK.
Mar. 9, 2015, 9:53 AM
- A powerful bid from Gaming & Leisure for Pinnacle's (PNK +18.6%) real estate is helping to give a lift to other regional casino stocks in early trading.
- The sector, which already has been an out-performer in 2015 due to a recovery in casino traffic amid lower gas prices in the U.S., has some underlying REIT potential bubbling under the surface, according to analysts.
- Previously: Pinnacle Entertainment soars as Gaming & Leisure bids for its real estate (Mar. 09 2015)
- Gainers: Isle of Capri (NASDAQ:ISLE) +2.3%, Boyd Gaming (NYSE:BYD) +7.0%, Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) +2.1%, Century Casinos (NASDAQ:CNTY) +0.8%.
Mar. 2, 2015, 10:15 AM
- Regional casino stocks show some early momentum as more positive signals for the sector filter in.
- Gainers: Isle of Capri (NASDAQ:ISLE) +8.9%, Pinnacle Entertainment (NYSE:PNK) +3.9%, Boyd Gaming (NYSE:BYD) +3.9%, Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) +3.4%, Empire Resorts (NASDAQ:NYNY) +2.2%.
- A strong note from Macquarie recommending Isle of Capri to investors added some pep to the sector last week.
- Previously: Casinos love $2 gas (Feb. 28 2015)
Feb. 23, 2015, 9:26 AM| Feb. 23, 2015, 9:26 AM
Feb. 28, 2014, 10:20 AM
- Regional casino stocks are showing some weakness in early trading.
- Sentiment has soured after a few disappointing quarterly reports in the sector and reads from state regulators which showed slow traffic in February.
- Decliners: Isle of Capri Casinos (ISLE) -3.4%, Boyd Gaming (BYD) -3.1%, Penn National Gaming (PENN) -0.8%.
Nov. 4, 2013, 12:46 PM
Oct. 18, 2013, 5:46 PM
Oct. 18, 2013, 1:20 PM
- Casino stock are getting a lift out of the positive report on Macau gaming issued by Las Vegas Sands (LVS +2.1%) last night and a positive S&P note on financing of spinoffs in the sector.
- Advancers in the sector include Melco Crown (MPEL +5.2%), Penn National Gaming (PENN +2.1%), Wynn Resorts (WYNN +1.2%), and Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK +3.2%).
- The catch-all Market Vectors Gaming (BJK +2.2%) ETF is also trekking higher.
Jul. 23, 2013, 12:29 PM
Penn National Gaming (PENN -6.9%) shares are in the doldrums after the company missed Q2 estimates amid softness in regional gaming trends and bad weather in the Midwest, cut its dividend and lowered its guidance for the year. Other regional casinos also are lower: PNK -5.6%, ISLE -3.2%, BYD -2.9%, CZR -2.7%.| Jul. 23, 2013, 12:29 PM
Jul. 23, 2013, 9:15 AM
Jul. 10, 2013, 8:00 PM
Penn National Gaming (PENN) says the Nevada Gaming Control Board has unanimously approved the steps necessary to implement the separation of its operating assets and real property assets. In order to complete the regulatory process in Nevada, the company now needs to obtain the approval of the Nevada Gaming Commission, which is scheduled to consider the matter on July 25.| Jul. 10, 2013, 8:00 PM
Jun. 6, 2013, 7:47 PM
Apr. 3, 2013, 10:42 AMCasino stocks trade sluggishly as Zynga's push into real-money gaming in the U.K. appears to make it a more formidable threat to the sector. Though nearly all the brick-and-mortar gaming companies are involved in extensive planning for the expected opening up of online gambling in the U.S., pure Internet companies are still set to have lower cost structures and the ability to move more nimbly. Sector watch: Caesers Entertainment (CZR) -2.5%, Las Vegas Sands (LVS) -2.3%, Boyd Gaming (BYD) -2.2%, Wynn Resorts (WYNN) -2.1%, MGM Resorts (MGM) -2%, Penn National Gaming (PENN) -1.4%. | Apr. 3, 2013, 10:42 AM | 2 Comments
Feb. 22, 2013, 9:40 AM
Casino stocks (BJK) show mild gains after Nevada approves a bill to institute online gambling. Though a positive for Vegas-centric companies and a negative for Jersey-centric players, until the parameters of online gambling are better defined it will be hard to separate the winners from the losers.| Feb. 22, 2013, 9:40 AM
Jan. 10, 2013, 9:55 AMCasino stocks edge lower, at least partially influenced by word out of Las Vegas that the gaming win on the Strip was down by 13% to $432M during a recent tracking period. The sector is also battling dueling analyst moves: Nomura downgrading MGM Resorts to Neutral from Buy and Lazard upping Wynn Resorts (WYNN +0.4%) to Buy from Neutral. Decliners: MGM -2.7%, LVS -1.5%, PENN -1.7%. | Jan. 10, 2013, 9:55 AM | 2 Comments