What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Feb. 12, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABX, ACOR, AFSI, APA, ASPS, AVP, BBW, BG, BKW, BWA, CAB, COR, CPN, CRNT, CVE, DBD, DISCA, ECA, EQM, EQT, FAF, GG, GNC, GNRC, GT, HIMX, HOT, IFF, JAH, LPX, LYG, MFA, MFC, MPEL, NGLS, NLSN, NTWK, O, OAK, OMG, ONE, ORB, OWW, PAG, PDS, PEP, PES, PVR, Q, RTIX, SHPG, SKYW, SON, STC, SYNT, TAP, TCK, TRGT, VNDA, VNTV, WBC, WSO
Feb. 10, 2014, 8:40 AM
- The mayor of New Haven, Connecticut wants to impose a 2% sales tax on soda drinks in the state.
- Mayor Toni Harp is falling in the footsteps of ex-NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg in taking on the powerful soda industry.
- The issue hasn't been a topic yet on the floor of the Connecticut legislature.
- Related stocks: KO, PEP, DPS.
Feb. 6, 2014, 6:03 PM
- PepsiCo Inc. (PEP) declares $0.5675/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.86%
- Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 7; ex-div March 5.
Feb. 6, 2014, 2:56 PM
- Oat futures continue to rise as Canada's railroad system has ongoing issues keeping up with the demand for grain shipments.
- The March contract is at its highest level since July of 2008.
- Companies that make cereal, energy bars, and certain snack products could see escalated input costs in Q1 and Q2.
- On watch: GIS, PEP, K, POST, KRFT, FLO, NSRGY
- Related ETF: JJG
Feb. 6, 2014, 1:39 PM
- Shares of O'Reilly (ORLY +9.3%) are higher after the company surprises with its Q4 report to follow along with peer Advance Auto Parts (AAP +12.4%).
- The harsh winter weather appears to have created a pickup in demand at auto parts retailers and service centers.
- Sector movers: Pep Boys (PEP) +4.2%, AutoZone (AZO) +5.2%, U.S. Auto Parts (PRTS) +1.2%, LKQ Corporation (LKQ) +3.2%, Genuine Parts (GPC) +3.0%, Monro Muffler (MNRO) +2.7%, Lithia Motors (LAD) +3.8%, Sonic Automotive (SAH) +2.0%.
Feb. 6, 2014, 8:10 AM
- KeyBanc raises its price target on Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) to $150. The investment firm is being listened to after calling out just two months ago the potential for a Coca-Cola partnership with GMCR. Shares of GMCR are up 43.7% premarket to $115.50 - a level last seen in 2011.
- The deal is a positive for Coca-Cola (KO) as it refreshes its ability to enter a new category with growth potential, says Stephanie Link. If there's a concern, it's with Coca-Cola bottlers (CCE, COKE, KOF) who now have a risk to profitability.
- Shares of SodaStream (SODA) have recovered nicely from their initial plunge following the KO-GMCR news and are now off only 2.9% premarket. There's plenty of speculation that PepsiCo (PEP) will be tempted to match Coca-Cola's move into home beverage systems with a SodaStream deal.
- No panic with Starbucks (SBUX), +0.4% premarket, as analysts see the company's comfortable relationship with GMCR unaffected.
Feb. 5, 2014, 9:56 AM| Feb. 5, 2014, 9:56 AM | 22 Comments
Jan. 24, 2014, 10:00 AM
Jan. 24, 2014, 7:27 AM
- What was the CEO of a company you're an owner of up to this week? An index of companies whose execs regularly attend Davos has vastly underperformed the market since 2009.
- Attendance at the gathering tends to be dominated by the financials, with GS, C, HSBC, JPM, LAZ, MS, SCBFF, BAC, ITUB, and UBS leading the way to prove their bona fides as thought leaders. Also spotted were the heads of DOW, and PEP.
- Notably absent: Buffett (BRK.A, BRK.B) , Tim Cook (AAPL) (Jobs never attended either), Jeff Immelt (GE), and Virginia Rometty (IBM). Google's (GOOG) founders and Mark Zuckerberg (FB) stopped going a couple of years ago.
Jan. 21, 2014, 9:06 AM
Jan. 21, 2014, 8:28 AM| Jan. 21, 2014, 8:28 AM | 3 Comments
Jan. 17, 2014, 9:26 AM
- Florida's citrus crop has made it through a tough patch of cold weather this week, according to growers association.
- In a only takes a few hours at temperatures below 28 degrees Fahrenheit to wipe out an orange grove.
- The state provides a good portion of the oranges used by Coca-Cola (KO) and PepsiCo (PEP) for its orange juice products.
Jan. 15, 2014, 2:31 PM
- Sales of bottled water could outpace soda sales by the end of the decade if current trends hold.
- The development isn't great news for Coca-Cola (KO +0.2%) and PepsiCo (PEP +0.6%) with margins thin on selling cases of water. Watch for the companies to increase their focus even further to premium and flavored water products where profits are more appealing.
- Debate is mixed on how much of a disruption SodaStream (SODA +2.7%) can create in the sparkling water market.
Jan. 10, 2014, 11:30 AM
- PepsiCo (PEP +0.1%) CEO Indra Nooyi maintains yet again that the company should keep its beverage and snacks businesses together.
- Though the question itself is getting old, the heightened interest of Nelson Peltz in the PepsiCo game plan keeps it relevant.
- The Peltz solution of buying Mondelez International and then spinning off the beverage business is popular with plenty of shareholders as well.
Jan. 9, 2014, 3:29 PM
- Zevia is hoping to get a jump on Coca-Cola (KO -0.4%) and PepsiCo (PEP -0.4%) in the U.S. with its zero-calorie diet soda that is sweetened by stevia.
- The company's naturally-sweetened products are now in 42% of the traditional supermarket chains and have made their way to Whole Foods stores as well.
- Demand has outpaced traditional soda products, but not at scale just yet.
- What to watch: While Coca-Cola and Pepsi appear to be aiming for a mid-calorie solutions with their global roll-outs of diet products with stevia, Zevia says it has "cracked the code" on bitter aftertaste and will stick with the zero-calorie concept.
Jan. 7, 2014, 9:34 AM
- Orange groves in Florida appear to have been spared widespread damage after cold temperatures didn't extend far enough south to disrupt citrus groves.
- In the futures market, OJ contracts were lower in early trading after shooting up close to 3% yesterday.
- Higher orange juice prices continue to be a consideration for Coca-Cola (KO) and PepsiCo (PEP).
PepsiCo Inc is a food, snack and beverage company. It manufactures, markets, distributes and sells convenient and enjoyable beverages, foods and snacks, serving customers and consumers in more than 200 countries and territories.
Other News & PR