Wed, Jun. 29, 5:51 PM
- Pet therapeutics firm Aratana Therapeutics (PETX +6.9%) has named Brent Standridge to the newly created post of chief operating officer.
- Most recently, Standridge was consulting for generic veterinary drugmaker Putney (recently acquired by Dechra Pharmaceuticals), and he spent 28 years before that with Fort Dodge Animal Health, the animal health division of Wyeth.
Wed, May 18, 9:15 AM
Wed, May 18, 8:32 AM
- The FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine approves Aratana Therapeutics' (NASDAQ:PETX) Entyce (capromorelin oral solution), a ghrelin receptor agonist, for the treatment dogs who have lost their desire to eat. The product is a flavored oral liquid that works by mimicking ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates appetite. Loss of appetite, or inappetence, affects 10M dogs each year.
- Commercial launch will commence in February 2017.
- Shares are up 7% premarket on light volume.
Tue, Apr. 26, 9:16 AM
Mon, Apr. 25, 5:39 PM
Tue, Mar. 22, 9:20 AM
Mon, Mar. 21, 5:40 PM
Mon, Mar. 21, 3:45 PM
- The FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine approves Aratana Therapeutics' (PETX +12.3%) GALLIPRANT (grapiprant tablets) for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs.
- Galliprant, the company's first approved product, is a prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) EP4 receptor antagonist. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that blocks PGE2-elicited pain and inflammation.
- It should be available to veterinarians in the fall.
Thu, Feb. 4, 9:19 AM
- Gainers: VHC +89%. GLUU +21%. OCLS +18%. WFT +12%. ATNY +11%. SEDG +11%. PETX +10%. SVA +9%. ING +9%. TTWO +8%. SBH +8%. GRUB +7%. VALE +7%. HMY +7%. CDNS +6%. CDE +6%. SBGL +6%. GSH +5%. AUY +5%. VIAB +5%. RIO 5%.
- Losers: PPP -16%. KSS -15%. GPRO -15%. IMPV -13%. CS -13%. PACB -13%. RL -9%. AZN -7%.
Tue, Jan. 26, 9:22 AM
Tue, Jan. 26, 8:42 AM
- Companion animal drug developer Aratana Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PETX) is up 8% premarket on modest volume in response to its announcement that it has filed its first New Animal Drug Application (NADA) with the FDA seeking clearance of Galliprant (grapiprant) for the control of pain and inflammation in dogs with osteoarthritis.
- The FDA's action date (ADUFA) is March 25.
Mon, Jan. 25, 5:41 PM
Sep. 28, 2015, 12:43 PM
Sep. 25, 2015, 12:44 PM
Sep. 25, 2015, 10:50 AM
- Pet biopharmaceutical firm Aratana Therapeutics (PETX -29.8%) plunges on triple normal volume in response to its announcement that its two investigational monoclonal antibodies in development for canine lymphoma, AT-004 and AT-005, are not demonstrating the desired specificity to their targets (they are not showing a significant enough treatment effect) and do not appear robust enough to capture the company's expected market share.
- The company says it will pursue second-generation monoclonals that should deliver the benefits desired.
- Since there are no alternative monoclonals available to veterinarians, Aratana will continue to supply the first-generation products despite their modest revenue potential.
Jul. 14, 2015, 5:39 PM
Aratana Therapeutics, Inc. is a development stage biopharmaceutical company, which focuses on the licensing, development and commercialization of innovative prescription medications for pets, or pet therapeutics. It delivers innovative prescription medicines that address significant medical... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR