Thu, Nov. 3, 5:01 PM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACET, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, AMBC, AMBR, AMED, AMH, ANET, ATSG, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BNFT, BOJA, BRS, CARA, CARB, CBS, CDR, CECO, CERS, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, COGT, CPSI, CRC, CSC, CSOD, CTRL, CWST, DCO, DCT, ECOM, ECR, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELY, EOG, EPR, EVC, EXEL, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FNGN, FOSL, FPRX, GCAP, GERN, GLUU, GNMK, GNW, GPRO, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GUID, GXP, HCI, HDP, HIL, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, INVN, IVR, JJSF, KAR, KHC, KMPR, KW, LADR, LCI, LGF, LGND, LNT, LOCO, LVS, LXU, MAIN, MDRX, MED, MEDP, MELI, MHK, MITT, MMI, MNST, MRC, MSI, MTD, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NE, NFG, NKTR, NNI, NPTN, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OTEX, OVAS, PBA, PCTY, PDLI, PEN, PETX, PFMT, PODD, QLYS, QRVO, RATE, RMAX, RP, RPXC, RTRX, RVNC, SBUX, SEM, SJI, SLCA, SPPI, SPXC, SSNI, STAA, STAG, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, SYMC, TAHO, THG, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TS, TSRO, TWLO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, UEPS, VRNS, VTL, WEB, WGL, WIFI, WTW, XLRN
Thu, Oct. 27, 10:53 AM
- Allergan (AGN +0.3%) exercises its option to acquire Rhythm Holding Company, LLC subsidiary Motus Therapeutics for $200M plus a contingent payment related to the first commercial sale of relamorelin, a ghrelin agonist about to enter Phase 3 development for the treatment of diabetic gastroparesis (DG). Earlier, Allergan paid $47M for the option to buy the relamorelin developer.
- Top-line results from a Phase 2b trial prompted Allergan's move. Type 1 and type 2 diabetics treated with relamorelin for 12 weeks showed improvements in DG symptoms of nausea, post-prandial (after eating) fullness, abdominal pain and bloating in addition to a positive effect on gastric motility. Patients experienced a 75% reduction in vomiting frequency across all doses versus baseline, the primary endpoint, but it fell short of statistical significance due to an unexpected high rate of vomiting in the placebo group. Nevertheless, Allergan intends to advance relamorelin to Phase 3 development.
- Diabetic gastroparesis is a disorder in which the movement of food from the stomach is slowed or stopped. The most frequent cause is damage to the vagus nerve, which controls the movement of food (motility) through the digestive tract.
- Relamorelin (formerly RM-131) stimulates a hormone called ghrelin which increases appetite. Aeterna Zentaris (AEZS -7.9%) is developing a ghrelin agonist called Macrilen (macromorelin) for the treatment of adult growth hormone deficiency. Aratana Therapeutics (PETX -1.7%) is developing another, capromorelin, as an appetite stimulator in dogs.
Wed, Oct. 5, 9:15 AM
- Aratana Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PETX) commences the U.S. commercial launch of NOCITA (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension) for the treatment of post-operative pain in dogs who have undergone surgery for cranial cruciate ligament repair. According to the company, the administration of one dose provides pain relief for up to 72 hours. The FDA's Veterinary Medicine branch approved it in August.
- Previously: FDA OKs Aratana's Nocita for post-operative pain in dogs; shares up 5% after hours (Aug. 15)
Mon, Oct. 3, 11:01 AM
Thu, Sep. 29, 5:35 PM
Mon, Aug. 15, 5:34 PM
Mon, Aug. 15, 5:04 PM
- The FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine approves Aratana Therapeutics' (NASDAQ:PETX) NOCITA (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension) for local post-operative analgesia in dogs following cranial cruciate ligament surgery. NOCITA is a local anesthetic that lasts up to 72 hours after surgery by slowly releasing bupivacaine over time. It is administered in a single dose by tissue infiltration during wound closure.
- The product will be available to veterinarians in the fall.
- Shares are up 5% after hours on increased volume.
Thu, Aug. 4, 5:35 PM
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:46 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Wed, Jun. 29, 5:51 PM
- Pet therapeutics firm Aratana Therapeutics (PETX +6.9%) has named Brent Standridge to the newly created post of chief operating officer.
- Most recently, Standridge was consulting for generic veterinary drugmaker Putney (recently acquired by Dechra Pharmaceuticals), and he spent 28 years before that with Fort Dodge Animal Health, the animal health division of Wyeth.
Wed, May 18, 9:15 AM
Wed, May 18, 8:32 AM
- The FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine approves Aratana Therapeutics' (NASDAQ:PETX) Entyce (capromorelin oral solution), a ghrelin receptor agonist, for the treatment dogs who have lost their desire to eat. The product is a flavored oral liquid that works by mimicking ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates appetite. Loss of appetite, or inappetence, affects 10M dogs each year.
- Commercial launch will commence in February 2017.
- Shares are up 7% premarket on light volume.
Thu, May 5, 4:56 PM
- Aratana Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PETX): Q1 EPS of -$0.52 misses by $0.10.
- Revenue of $0.17M (+6.3% Y/Y) beats by $0.03M.
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP