Tue, Mar. 17, 7:49 AM
- Peugeot (OTCPK:PEUGF) car registrations +1.1% to 107,992 units in February, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association.
- Overall EU registrations +7.3% Y/Y in February, led by double-digit growth in Spain, Italy, and the U.K. YTD registrations +7.0%.
- Peugeot market share: 11.3% vs. 11.9% a year ago.
- Peugeot YTD registrations -0.3%.
- Results include the Peugeot, Citroen, and DS brands.
- EAMA release (.pdf)
Tue, Feb. 17, 10:01 AM
- Peugeot (OTCPK:PEUGF) car registrations -1.5% to 110,030 units in January, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association.
- Overall EU registrations +6.7% Y/Y, led by strong growth in Spain and Italy.
- Peugeot market share: 10.7% vs. 11.5% a year ago.
- Results include the Peugeot and Citroen brands.
- EAMA release (.pdf)
Fri, Jan. 16, 7:08 AM| Comment!
Tue, Jan. 6, 8:20 AM
- The spinoff of Ferrari could give Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (NYSE:FCAU) enough breathing room to seek a merger partner, according to auto industry analysts.
- The rising cost of developing clean cars in Europe and the U.S. sets the stage for automakers to join forces through mergers and extended partnerships.
- "Eventually it must happen," notes FCA chief Sergio Marchionne on the topic of mega-mergers.
- No company is too big to be ruled out of the merger discussions due to the benefits of scaling investment costs and matching strengths/weaknesses in Europe, Latin America, China, and the U.S, note insiders.
- Automakers: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:FUJHY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, KNDI. OTCPK:SZKMY, OTCPK:MZDAY.
Dec. 19, 2014, 2:17 PM
- The age of connected cars appears closer with Google pushing forward with its next-gen Android M software designed to be integrated into automobiles.
- The industry has a bit of an uneasy relationship with Google, despite the company's open-source approach to the technology.
- Though most major automakers collaborate with Google through the Open Automotive Alliance - which aims for a common platform to drive innovation - the self-driving car initiative of Google and their own infotainment ambitions keep them wary.
- Analysts originally forecast vehicle-to-vehicle communication would be part of the connected car concept and be integrated into some models by 2016, although that timetable now appears unlikely.
- What to watch: Before any major breakthrough occurs, the DOT needs to weigh in on next-gen connected cars. That gets trickier with safety and security concerns teed up again after the high-profile GM recall debacle and crippling Sony hacking incident.
- Automaker stocks: GM, F, TM, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:SZKMY, OTCPK:FUJHY, OTC:RNSDF, OTCPK:GELYF, FCAU.
Nov. 12, 2014, 10:06 AM
- The landmark emissions deal struck between the U.S. and China has implications for the automobile industry even if it is largely symbolic, according to analysts.
- There's some speculation that bickering between the nations over spying and other free trade issues won't reel in China-Western auto joint ventures and impact government EV subsidies as the nation stays focused on pollution control.
- Automaker stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTC:KIMTF, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, TTM, TSLA.
Oct. 8, 2014, 7:50 AM
- Fiat (OTCPK:FIATY) CEO Sergio Marchionne thinks there is room in the industry for a merger to create an automaker bigger than Toyota.
- Marchionne might be the man for the job after helping guiding the acquisition of Chrysler from Daimler and pushing Fiat through a complicated transaction to create Fiat Chrysler Automotive (NYSEARCA:FCA).
- Morningstar analyst Richard Hilgert agrees that the auto industry may see more M&A activity due to the needed economies of scale to compete.
- Automaker stocks: GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTC:KIMTF, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, OTCPK:SZKMY.
Aug. 29, 2014, 10:27 AM
- Global auto sales rose 1.5% in July to 6.87M units.
- A strong month in China and India helped offset weakness in Japan, Brazil, and Russia.
- YTD sales are up 2.6% Y/Y to 50.2M units through July, paced by strong demand in North America and Asia.
- What to watch: South America continues to see its market share for global auto sales slide. The region could see automakers pull back further on capacity and investments due to the slump.
- Automakers: GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTC:KIMTF, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM
Aug. 18, 2014, 2:47 AM
- Russia may impose restrictions or a ban on vehicle imports from Western countries, if the U.S. and EU impose additional sanctions on Moscow, Reuters reports quoting the Vedomosti.
- The paper says that the proposals have already been sent to Putin for consideration but no decision has been made yet.
- The new ban, however, would not apply to foreign automakers' production inside Russia. Ford (NYSE:F), Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY), Renault (OTC:RNSDF), Toyota (NYSE:TM) and Hyundai (OTC:HYMLF) all have production facilities inside the country.
- Related stocks: AN, KMX, CRMT, GM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTC:PEUGF, TTM, OTCPK:FUJHY.
Aug. 13, 2014, 1:09 PM
- A fall in used car prices in the U.S. could put some pressure on automakers to offer higher incentives to lure in buyers for new vehicles, according to analysts.
- Truecar.com estimates that new-car incentives will push up 11% to $3K per vehicle in the next two years to counterbalance a drop in used car pricing.
- The long-term forecast for the automobile industry is still favorable with most research firms calling for a return to a pre-recession level of volume.
- Related stocks: AN, KMX, CRMT, GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTC:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, OTCPK:FUJHY.
Aug. 11, 2014, 10:12 AM
- Sales of luxury cars in the U.S. are up 7.1% Y/Y through July, according to segment data from Wards Auto.
- The solid sales growth comes ahead of what is typically the high-demand part of the year.
- New model roll-outs slated for the fall and winter include the BMW X4, Cadillac Escalade, and Porsche Macan.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, OTCPK:FIATY, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTC:KIMTF, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTC:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM.
May. 26, 2014, 9:52 AM
- Ford (F) CEO Alan Mulally has warned about overproduction in Europe, saying that factory closures over the past year have not lowered capacity enough.
- "European carmakers need to cut back further...as excess capacity on the continent remains at dangerous levels," Mulally says.
- His warning comes despite sales on the continent starting to recover this year after falling by about 4M cars from 2007-2013.
- Relevant tickers: TM, RNSDF, VLKAF, GM, DDAIF, BAMXF, FIATY, HMC, PEUGF, F
May. 9, 2014, 11:53 AM
- European automakers (VLKAY, BAMXY, PEUGF, DDAIF, RNSDF) think a proposed trade deal between the EU and Japan gives too many advantages to Japanese automakers (NSANY, TM, HMC, MZDAY, SZKMY, FUJHY, MMTOF)
- Trade deals in the past have given the group from Japan leverage to significantly boost imports to Europe. This time around the European companies want to rework the terms up front.
- "If we’re now talking about opening up import duties for Japan, put a helmet on," said Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne said earlier this year on the issue.
Apr. 18, 2014, 6:03 AM
- Car makers have been gearing up for two major shows this weekend: the New York International Auto Show, which starts today, and the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition, or Auto China 2014, which starts on Sunday.
- Ford's (F) Lincoln, which plans to formally enter China’s luxury market later this year, will unveil a new model in Beijing, the first time it has introduced a car outside of the U.S.
- New York show preview
- Tickers: F, GM, TM, HMC, CARZ, FIATY, PEUGF, BAMXF, DDAIF, HYMLF, NSANF, VLKAF, RNSDF, FIATY
Mar. 26, 2014, 11:19 AM
- Automobile dealerships no longer provide value for consumers, concludes a research paper by INSEAD professor Karan Girotra.
- "Car dealers and more generally intermediaries represent an extra layer of companies in the supply chain that clearly increases costs to customers," writes the prof.
- The industry has evolved such that a consumer could search and research a car online, test-drive at a product gallery, and service a purchased vehicle at a reputable repair shop without needing the backstop of a manufacturer-certified dealership, concludes Girotra.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY, HMC, NSANY, TSLA, VLKAY, DDAIF, HYMLF, BAMXY, KIMTF, MMTOF, PEUGF, RNSDF, TTM.
Mar. 4, 2014, 1:53 PM
- The overall tone at the Geneva Motor Show is positive as sales patterns in Europe have stabilized and even shown some pockets of strength. Perhaps the biggest question is if the sales gains are organic or the results of heavy discounting? Autohaus PulsSchlag reports price cuts of at least 10% at most major manufacturers.
- European automakers are downplaying the impact on sales in Russia from the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. Russia is Europe's second largest automobile market and is expected to pass Germany within a few years.
- Jeep unveiled its all-new 2015 Renegade compact crossover SUV. The model is unique in that it will feature seven different engine choices tailored to different global markets.
- BMW announced plans to build over ten new smaller models on its latest platform. The Mini Clubman concept has created a stir with analysts.
- New models from Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati show that the ultra-wealthy haven't been forgotten by automakers at the show. Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FIATY, HMC, NSANY, TSLA, VLKAY, DDAIF, HYMLF, BAMXY, MMTOF, PEUGF, RNSDF, TTM, SZKMY, FUJHY, RNSDF.
PEUGF vs. ETF Alternatives
Peugeot is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, Co. is engaged in the production of Peugeot and Citroen automobiles, as well as other vehicles. In addition to automobile manufacturing, Co.'s operating subsidiaries include Faurecia, which manufactures automotive equipment. Gefco, which... More
Other News & PR