SA Transcripts • Wed, Oct. 22
- Peugeot is going through one of the most challenging moments of its existence;
- In the beginning of the year, the company outlined a restructuring plan;
- The half year results presented some early positive signs about the company recovery;
- The current valuations suggest that if the turnaround materializes, there is value potential in Peugeot stock.
A Call On The European Car Industry: Long Peugeot, Short Fiat
- How to get exposed to a recovery of European car industry? Be long Peugeot, short Fiat.
- Peugeot's new "ticket," with Tavares as CEO and Gallois as chairman, is very promising.
- Product lineup is far richer at Peugeot than at Fiat.
- Geo mix: A call option on China for Peugeot, vs. U.S. exposure for Fiat.
- Valuation: Two cash-burning companies, but Peugeot looks cheaper on multiples.
Oct. 22, 2012, 6:10 AMGM (GM) makes an informal offer to buy the 17% of its Korean unit held by state-run Korea Development Bank, which has a veto over decision-making. A deal would boost GM's stake to 94% in the operations - which provide an important production base - and allow the car maker to restructure the unit. Separately, GM and Peugeot plan to announce a joint purchasing agreement soon, but dismiss union claims that they intend to build cars in Brazil. | 1 Comment
PEUGF vs. ETF Alternatives
Peugeot is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, Co. is engaged in the production of Peugeot and Citroen automobiles, as well as other vehicles. In addition to automobile manufacturing, Co.'s operating subsidiaries include Faurecia, which manufactures automotive equipment. Gefco, which... More
Other News & PR