Principal Financial Group, Inc.NYSE
Thu, Dec. 1, 8:54 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:24 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Fri, Oct. 7, 7:44 AM
- Alongside the Top Pick designation for VOYA is a $39 price target, suggesting 30% upside.
- Started at Underperform is Aflac (NYSE:AFL), with analyst John Nadel noting recent outperformance, global low rates as pressuring investment income, and the growing spread between U.S. and Japanese rates as boosting hedging costs. The $75 price target compares to yesterday's close of $72.07.
- Principal Financial Group (NYSE:PFG) also rates an Underperform, with Nadel noting more intense competition, exposure to FX and emerging markets volatility, and lower rates as maybe muting EPS growth and flatten margins.
- MetLife (NYSE:MET), Prudential (NYSE:PRU), Lincoln National (NYSE:LNC), Reinsurance Group of America (NYSE:RGA), AIG, and Unum Group (NYSE:UNM),
Tue, Sep. 20, 8:17 AM
- Ahead of the retirement of Terry Lillis in April, Principal Financial Group (NYSE:PFG) names Deanna Strable-Soethout to the CFO role, effective February 14. She will retain her current duties as president U.S. Insurance Solutions until a successor is found.
- Strable has been with Principal since 1990, and was promoted to her current position in 2015.
Wed, Aug. 31, 9:27 AM
- Principal Financial Group (NYSE:PFG) had declared $0.41/share quarterly dividend, 5.1% increase from prior dividend of $0.39.
- Payable Sept. 30; for shareholders of record Sept. 2; ex-div Aug. 31.
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:19 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Wed, Jun. 29, 9:41 AM
- The details aren't available, but one can be pretty sure a common theme through all of the downgrades is a "lower for longer" interest rate scenario, and for any Texas or energy-exposed banks a possible topping in oil prices.
- Comerica (CMA -0.1%) is cut to Underperform from Neutral, Franklin Financial (FSB) to Neutral from Buy, Lincoln National (LNC -0.8%) to Neutral, Principal Financial (PFG +0.5%) to Neutral, Prudential (PRU -0.4%) to Underperform, Regions Financial (RF +0.5%) to Neutral, Synovus (SNV +0.4%) to Neutral, Unum Group (UNM -1.2%) to Underperform, and Zions (ZION -0.3%) to Underperform.
- Previously: Texas Capital downgraded at BAML (June 29)
Thu, May 26, 2:36 PM
- Fidelity last week began providing details on six "smart beta" ETFs. Up until now, Fidelity's 11 ETF offerings were plain vanilla, with nearly all run by BlackRock (NYSE:BLK), the owner of iShares.
- Smart beta is where the action is for new entrants into ETFs like Goldman, JPMorgan, Janus (NYSE:JNS), Legg Mason (NYSE:LM), Principal Financial (NYSE:PFG), and Franklin Resources (NYSE:BEN), as it promises the possibility of an "enhanced" index fund.
- Smart beta also fills the gap while mutual fund firms figure out the regulatory path to offering ETF versions of their popular funds (like Fidelity's Contrafund).
- According to FTSE Russell, the percentage of ETF owners currently having a look at smart beta has jumped to 36% from 15% two years ago.
- Previously: First details for Fidelity's first 6 'smart beta' ETFs (May 20)
Fri, Apr. 29, 1:44 PM
- Principal Financial Group (NYSE:PFG) declares $0.39/share quarterly dividend, 2.6% increase from prior dividend of $0.38.
- Forward yield 3.66%
- Payable June 24; for shareholders of record June 6; ex-div June 2.
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:20 PM
- Principal Financial Group (NYSE:PFG): Q1 EPS of $0.97 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $2.94B (+14.8% Y/Y) beats by $100M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Mon, Mar. 14, 3:19 PM
- The financial sector (NYSEARCA:XLF) has performed woefully this year, and the banks (NYSEARCA:KBE) even worse. Cornerstone Macro technician Carter Worth finds twenty names trading well beneath their (falling) 150-day moving averages.
- The group has shown signs of life lately, and Worth thinks the stocks could move back to their 150-day averages, as stocks in other market sectors have done.
- It's strictly a trade, says Worth, who continues to rate the financials as Underweight. The 20:
- Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP), BofA (NYSE:BAC), Banner (NASDAQ:BANR), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Citizens Financial (NYSE:CFG), East West Bancorp (NASDAQ:EWBC), First NBC (NASDAQ:FNBC), HFF (NYSE:HF), KeyCorp (NYSE:KEY), Legacy Texas (NASDAQ:LTXB), Lincoln National (NYSE:LNC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Old National (NASDAQ:ONB), PacWest (NASDAQ:PACW), PNC Financial (NYSE:PNC), Principal Financial (NYSE:PFG), Stifel Financial (NYSE:SF), SVB Financial (NASDAQ:SIVB), TCF Financial (NYSE:TCB), Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC).
Tue, Feb. 23, 6:26 PM
- Principal Financial Group (NYSE:PFG) says its chief financial officer, Terry Lillis, will retire before the end of the first quarter next year.
- The company says it will undertake an internal and external search for a new executive. Lillis received 2014 compensation of $5.7M, including a salary of $523,077 and equity awards of about $1.6M.
- Lillis had joined the company in 1982 and become CFO in 2008, after serving as CFO of the retirement and investor services unit.
Mon, Feb. 1, 4:34 PM
- Principal Financial Group (NYSE:PFG): Q4 EPS of $1.02 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $2.89B (-2.7% Y/Y) misses by $20M.