PIMCO Global Stock PLUS Fund Should Be 22% Cheaper
There are no Transcripts on PGP.
Fri, Sep. 26, 11:49 AM
- Pimco's closed-end funds and ETFs are plunging in the wake of Bill Gross' exit to Janus: PHK -8.7%, PGP -8.5%, PTY -6.2%, PCN -4.2%, RCS -4.3%, PFL -3.6%, PFN -2.7%, PKO -2.5%, PDI -2.2%, PCI -1.4%, BOND -0.2%.
- "A lot of people bought into Pimco because of Bill Gross, who was the face of the organization, and so they’re shooting first and asking questions later,” says Motley Fool Asset Management CIO Bill Mann. "Investing is a personal business, and the market is saying it trusted Bill Gross.”
- Meanwhile, headlines indicate Dan Ivascyn, Pimco's (OTCQX:AZSEY, OTCPK:ALIZF) deputy chief investment officer, will succeed Gross and take over portfolio management; WSJ had written earlier this week that Ivasycn already was growing in popularity among Pimco investors, who had been putting more money into his fund even as they were pulling it from Gross’ fund.
Fri, May. 23, 4:14 PM
- Several weeks after Bill Gross purchased more of the Pimco Dynamic Income Fund (PDI) for his own account, its roughly 5% discount to NAV has disappeared.
- The same, however, isn't true for Pimco Dynamic Credit Income (PCI), though it's also managed by well-regarded Dan Ivascyn. One reason for caution might be the relative newness of the fund, writes Brendan Conway.
- In the meantime, two Pimco CEFs which are known for sporting towering premiums to NAV continue to do so, the Pimco Global StockPLUS & Income Fund (PGP) and the Pimco High Income Fund (PHK). Two other Pimco CEFs at discounts: Pimco Income Strategy Fund (PFL) and Pimco Income Strategy Fund II (PFN).
Fri, Mar. 21, 11:30 AM
- "When times get tough, on Wall Street or in Newport Beach, Calif., the tough turn on each other," writes David Weidner, not seeing anything too unusual in the Pimco saga. These sorts of ugly partings happen all the time amid the massive egos on Wall Street. Consider Citigroup with Sandy Weil and Jamie Dimon, Morgan Stanley with Phil Purcell and John Mack, and Bear Stearns with Jimmy Cayne and Warren Spector.
- "In every case, the splits occurred under tremendous pressure. Much like a marriage headed for divorce, long simmering incompatibilities, jealousies and flaws rose to the surface ... When push comes to shove, it is always better to be king. No. 2’s instinctively need to watch their backs. You want normal? That is normal."
- Allianz (AZSEY)
- Pimco CEFs: PTY, PDI, PMF, PGP, PKO, PFL, PFN, PCN, PCM, PHK, RCS, PMF, PML
- Previous: Gross becoming "increasingly illogical and irrational."
Thu, Mar. 20, 4:42 PM
- It turns out it was three, not two lined up to be deputy CIOs to Bill Gross amid the departure of Mohamed El-Erian. One - Marc Seidner - resigned in January just hours before he was to be publicly announced in his new position. Seidner - who followed El-Erian to Pimco in 2009 - reportedly had found working there increasingly difficult over the last 18 months, with Gross becoming "increasingly illogical and irrational."
- In other news Pimco has lost a $1.3B bond fund mandate to TCW.
- Pimco's parent: Allianz (AZSEY)
- Among Pimco's closed-end offerings are: PTY, PDI, PMF, PGP, PKO, PFL, PFN, PCN, PCM, PHK, RCS, PMF, PML. There's also the ETF version of Bill Gross' Total Return Fund: BOND.
Wed, Mar. 19, 12:22 PM
- “There is a heightened level of uncertainty in the post El-Erian era surrounding the questions of whether Pimco’s latest senior staffing transitions will prove beneficial to investors [and] whether recent and future senior-level departures indicate a persistent side effect of the firm’s pressure-cooker culture," says analyst Eric Jacobsen cutting Pimco's "stewardship" rating to C from B and the "parent pillar score" - which examines manager turnover, investment culture, and fee levels - to Neutral from Positive.
- It's not automatic, but look for the big-picture rating changes to quickly filter through to the ratings of individual Pimco funds, says Morningstar.
- Among Pimco's closed-end offerings are PTY, PDI, PMF, PGP, PKO, PFL, PFN, PCN, PCM, PHK, RCS, PMF, PML. There's also the ETF version of Bill Gross' Total Return Fund: BOND.
- Pimco parent Allianz SE (AZSEY -2%)
May. 28, 2013, 1:01 PMHeavy selling hits a number of Pimco income funds, notably the High Income Fund (PHK -4.3%) with heavy exposure to high-yield paper and the financial sector. The decline narrows the fund's premium to NAV to a still-whopping 34%. The Income Opportunity Common Fund (PKO -2.2%) trades at just a slight premium, while the Dynamic Income Fund (PDI -2.8%) sells for about a 5% discount. Others: (PTY -3.6%), (PCN -2%), (PGP -5.3%), (PFN -1.5%). | 3 Comments
Dec. 3, 2012, 4:35 PM
Oct. 15, 2012, 3:04 PM"Eat(ing) his own cooking," Bill Gross puts his own money into two Pimco closed-end offerings trading at premiums to their NAV. PCN and PTY sell at "just" 17%. and 18.5% premiums, respectively, but Gross notably did not pick up any PHK or PGP, both trading at more than 50% over NAV even after the recent sell-off. | 1 Comment
Oct. 10, 2012, 12:41 PMNot limited to mortgage REITs, panic grips another favorite of income investors, closed-end investment funds - notably those trading far above NAV for seemingly no other reason than their fat yield. The payouts on many of these are sustained by digging into capital rather than by earning a return on it. PGP -7.5%, PHK -7.8%, PHT -5.5%. | 8 Comments
Oct. 8, 2012, 3:25 PMBlinded by fat yields, investors continue to bid closed-end funds far higher than their NAVs. 66% of taxable and 73% of muni-bond funds trade above NAV now, compared to just 30% a year ago, with often the funds with the highest distributions having the highest premiums. "We believe that an excessive premium for the fund is not likely to be sustainable," says Gabelli of one of its funds. Are investors listening? | 35 Comments
PGP vs. ETF Alternatives
The investment objective is to seek total return comprised of current income, current gains and long-term capital appreciation. The objective is normally attempted to achieve by investing in equity index derivative instruments that have economic characteri
Other News & PR