Pegatron Corp.Grey Market
Fri, Nov. 18, 3:22 AM
- "Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) asked both Foxconn (OTC:FXCOF) and Pegatron (OTC:PGTRF), the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.," sources told the Nikkei Asian Review. "Foxconn complied, while Pegatron declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns."
- The issue is of particular relevance due to Donald Trump's numerous comments saying he'd try to force Apple into manufacturing its products in the U.S.
Thu, Sep. 8, 4:56 AM
- Shares of Apple suppliers were broadly mixed in the wake of the iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 launches, confounding analysts' predictions of likely beneficiaries.
- The new features for the iPhone were broadly in line with expectations, given previous leaks to the media.
- Across Asia: Hon Hai -1.3%, Pegatron flat, Wistron -1.3%, Catcher +3.9%, Han's Laser -0.7%, Largan -0.9%, LG Innotek -1.1, Alps -2.8%, AAC Tech +3.3%, Merry +1.3%, Goertek -0.4%, SK Hynix +2.1%, Toshiba -1.5%, Samsung +1.1%, TSMC -0.5%
Mon, May 23, 10:53 AM
- Taiwan's Economic Daily News reports Apple (AAPL +1.7%) has ordered contract manufacturers to produce 72M-78M iPhone 7 units this year, a record figure for a new iPhone and above analyst estimates of ~65M.
- Apple is outperforming on a day the Nasdaq is up 0.3%. As are chip suppliers Cirrus Logic (CRUS +3.1%), Skyworks (SWKS +3.3%), Qorvo (QRVO +2.7%), and InvenSense (INVN +4.6%). Over in Taipei, Foxconn parent Hon Hai Precision (OTC:HNHAF) rose 4.6%, and fellow iPhone manufacturer Pegatron (OTC:PGTRF) rose 9.9%. TSMC (TSM +2.7%), which is believed to be the exclusive manufacturer of Apple's A10 processor (expected to go into the iPhone 7), is also doing well.
- The report comes with Apple having guided calendar Q2 revenue to be down 13%-17% Y/Y due to soft iPhone 6S sales. The rumor mill has indicated the iPhone 7 will feature a dual-camera array and a 256GB storage option, and do away with the 3.5mm headphone jack. The 9.7" iPad Pro's improved display suggests display enhancements are also possible.
- Now read Apple: Berkshire Hathaway Not The Only One Buying
- Update: Also reported by the Economic Daily News: Apple is prepping a "Pro" or "Premium" iPhone 7 model to go with a standard iPhone 7 and 7+.
Aug. 31, 2015, 2:49 AM
- The combined effects of China's economic slowdown, a maturing smartphone industry and market volatility are sending jitters through Asian electronic-parts suppliers, which have long-relied on Chinese manufacturing muscle and consumer demand to power growth.
- Earlier this month, research firm Gartner said smartphone sales in China fell for the first time in Q2, while IDC forecasts smartphone shipments in the country to grow just 1.2% this year, down from 19.7% in 2014.
- Related tickers: SNE, OTC:SSNLF, OTC:HNHAF, OTC:PGTRF, OTCPK:SHCAY, OTCPK:LNVGY, OTC:HTCXF, OTC:FXCOF, OTCPK:PCRFY, OTCPK:BYDDY, OTC:HXSCF, OTCPK:TOELF, OTCPK:FANUF