Tue, May 31, 3:09 PM
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (NYSE:PHI) is up 12.9% today after news that it would acquire the telecom assets of conglomerate San Miguel Corp., along with Globe Telecom.
- The two are spending $1.5B to take over the assets in a 50/50 split. PLDT is putting in about $568M in equity and $185M in assumed debt.
- Synergies include higher call quality and faster Internet access across fixed and mobile networks.
- Today, San Miguel said the price was enough to cover costs of developing the telecom business. It's selling to the country's main telecom partners because "no foreign technical partners would like to come in," said the company's president, Ramon Ang.
Tue, May 31, 3:00 PM
Mon, Feb. 29, 12:55 PM
Mon, Feb. 29, 10:29 AM
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (NYSE:PHI) is tumbling the most in seven years, -16.4%, after posting its first quarterly loss in more than 12 years.
- The company lost 3.27B pesos (about $69M) in Q4. For the full year, it drew 171.1B pesos in revenues and netted 26.6B pesos in income. Core income came to 22.1B pesos.
- 2015 revenue breakout: Service revenues, 162.9B pesos (down 1.2%); non-service, 8.17B pesos (up 38.7%).
- It's guiding to a decline in profits of 20% for 2016, to 28B pesos.
- Press Release
Mon, Feb. 29, 9:17 AM
Nov. 4, 2015, 2:55 PM
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (NYSE:PHI) ADRs are down 5.9% following earnings, where it showed a narrow beat on profits.
- Net income for the first nine months is still off 9% Y/Y, to 25.35B Philippine pesos. Core income dropped 5% over the same period.
- For the nine months, the company drew PHP 86.76B in wireless revenue (down 2%), and PHP 50.92B in fixed-line revenues (up 4%).
Aug. 30, 2011, 12:31 PMPHI (PHI +17.8%) soars after a report details the firm is asking a federal court to sanction Sikorsky Aircraft - the manufacturer of a helicopter that crashed leading to damage awards from PHI. Sikorsky, owned by United Technologies(UTX -0.2%), withheld a report from an engineer stating a faulty design led to the crash in 2009, according to court filings. | Aug. 30, 2011, 12:31 PM
Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. engages in providing telecommunication services in Philippines through its three principal business groups, fixed line, wireless, and information and communication technology. It operates through the following segments: Wireless, Fixed Line, Business... More
Industry: Telecom Services - Foreign
Other News & PR