SA News • Wed, Nov. 12
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
1347 Property Insurance Holdings: An IPO Left For Dead With Upside Of 50%-100%
- National property insurers continue to reduce their exposure to Louisiana and other coastal markets.
- Premiums have skyrocketed in certain states allowing Maison to cherry-pick high margin policies.
- The volatile insurance climate as it pertains to more weather losses has been overrated and biased by Katrina.
- Lower reinsurance rates should be a nice tailwind in the near-to-medium term.
- Specialized local property and casualty insurer in Louisiana.
- Major insurers are withdrawing from hurricane coverage in Louisiana.
- PIH expects to fill the gap.
- As a new property and casualty insurance company PIH has no legacy liabilities.
1347 Property Insurance Holdings IPO Not Likely To Be Favorable For InvestorsDon Dion • Tue, Mar. 25
- PIH, a property and casualty insurance firm with principal offices in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, plans to raise $25.0 million in its upcoming IPO.
- PIH will offer 2.3 million shares at an expected price range of $10-$12 per share.
- We plan to avoid this IPO, as PIH is not making money and the insurance climate in Louisiana is volatile.
There are no Transcripts on PIH.
Wed, Nov. 12, 9:25 AM
Thu, Aug. 14, 5:14 PM
PIH vs. ETF Alternatives
1347 Property Insurance Holdings Inc is a property and casualty insurance holding company. The Company through its wholly-owned subsidiary provides property and casualty insurance to individuals in Louisiana.
Other News & PR