What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Sep. 29, 2015, 3:28 PM
- Shares of Pier 1 Imports (PIR -9.4%) decline sharply to etch out new 52-week lows.
- The company's weak Q2 earnings report and cut in guidance last week are still weighing heavily on trading sentiment.
- SA contributor Vince Martin has a breakdown on the collapse of Pier. He thinks the home furniture retailer could be the target of an activist investor if the stock remains under pressure.
- Previously: Pier 1 -8% as earnings disappoint, guidance is cut again (Sept. 24)
Sep. 25, 2015, 9:12 AM
Sep. 24, 2015, 5:37 PM
Sep. 24, 2015, 4:58 PM
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) -7.8% AH, tumbling to five-year lows, after missing FQ2 earnings and revenue estimates, and guiding FQ3 and FY 2016 earnings below consensus.
- PIR now sees Q3 EPS of $0.10-$0.14 vs. $0.23 analyst consensus estimate, saying margins for the quarter were hurt by increased promotional and clearance activity; Q3 comps rose 2.5%, or 3.8% on a constant currency basis.
- PIR also sees EPS for the fiscal year ending February 2016 of $0.56-$0.64 vs. earlier guidance of $0.83-$0.87 and $0.82 consensus.
- It is the company's seventh downside guidance given in less than two years.
Sep. 24, 2015, 4:06 PM
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR): FQ2 EPS of $0.04 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $430M (+2.7% Y/Y) misses by $5.38M.
Sep. 23, 2015, 5:35 PM
Aug. 13, 2015, 8:50 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCPK:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, WSM, RH, KIRK outperformed in today's report on retail sales.
- Sales were up 0.8 Y/Y and 6.1% Y/Y in July for the housing-related category.
- Department stores (KSS, JCP, SHLD, JWN, M) showed sluggish traffic trends again, sales were down 0.8% M/M and slumped 2.7% Y/Y.
- Sales in the food services category were up a solid 9.0% Y/Y.
- U.S. Census Bureau Retail Sales report (.pdf)
- Previously: July U.S. Retail Sales: +0.6% (Aug. 13 2015)
Jun. 25, 2015, 4:59 PM
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) declares $0.07/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.27%
- Payable Aug. 5; for shareholders of record July 22; ex-div July 20.
Jun. 18, 2015, 9:22 AM
Jun. 17, 2015, 5:37 PM
Jun. 17, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR): FQ1 EPS of $0.08 in-line.
- Revenue of $432M (+3.1% Y/Y) misses by $2.53M.
Jun. 16, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jun. 1, 2015, 7:23 AM
Apr. 14, 2015, 9:09 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category in the March Retail Sales report outperformed most other businesses.
- Sales rose 1.4% M/M and 3.8% Y/Y during the month.
- The sector was on watch to see if there was any continued spillover impact from the West Coast slowdown.
- Furniture/home furnishing stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, KIRK, WSM.
- Retail Sales report (.pdf)
Apr. 9, 2015, 12:45 PM
Apr. 8, 2015, 5:51 PM
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR) reports comparable sales rose 5.7% in FQ4.
- E-commerce sales accounted for 11% of the company's total sales tally during the quarter.
- Merchandise margin -100 bps to 55.6% as higher supply chains costs factored in.
- SG&A expenses as a percentage of sales increased 140 bps to 27.4%.
- Pier 1 says it plans to close 100 stores over the next three years as part of an optimization plan.
- FY16 guidance: The company guides for a mid single-digit comp. EPS of $0.83-$0.87 vs $0.90 consensus estimate.
- Previously: Pier 1 Imports beats by $0.03, misses on revenue
- PIR +3.64% after hours.
Pier 1 Imports Inc is a specialty retailer of imported decorative home furnishings and gifts in the North America. It conducts business as one operating segment and operates stores in the United States and Canada under the name Pier 1 Imports.
Other News & PR