Pier 1 Imports Inc.NYSE
Pier 1 Imports Had A Very Poor Q1
Pier 1 Imports: OK, What Now?
Jan. 5, 2015, 8:50 AM
- The PetSmart LBO strategy could be utilized again in the retail sector amid the current low interest rate environment, note analysts.
- Bloomberg picks some top candidates to see a LBO play this year.
- GameStop (NYSE:GME): Valuation has been driven down to a level that could attract P-E firms.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): Spinoff opportunities and a lagging stock price make BBBY a LBO natural, note sector watchers.
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR): A buyer would have plenty of opportunities to cut costs and set a turnaround strategy.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): Perhaps the surprise in the bunch, but analysts see upside potential in a LBO scenario as a shift in focus is enacted.
- Previous on LBOs in retail: Retail trends to watch
Dec. 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
- Bob's Discount Furniture changes P-E hands, going to Bain Capital from Apax Partners.
- A deal for the furniture store chain is believed to be in the neighborhood of $350M.
- The company is in an aggressive expansion mode and in some markets competes with La-Z-Boy (LZB +0.7%), Tempur Sealy (TPX +0.4%), Bassett Furniture (BSET -0.2%), Ethan Allen (ETH -0.3%), and Pier 1 Imports (PIR -0.3%).