Mon, Jan. 5, 8:50 AM
- The PetSmart LBO strategy could be utilized again in the retail sector amid the current low interest rate environment, note analysts.
- Bloomberg picks some top candidates to see a LBO play this year.
- GameStop (NYSE:GME): Valuation has been driven down to a level that could attract P-E firms.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): Spinoff opportunities and a lagging stock price make BBBY a LBO natural, note sector watchers.
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR): A buyer would have plenty of opportunities to cut costs and set a turnaround strategy.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): Perhaps the surprise in the bunch, but analysts see upside potential in a LBO scenario as a shift in focus is enacted.
- Previous on LBOs in retail: Retail trends to watch
Dec. 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
- Bob's Discount Furniture changes P-E hands, going to Bain Capital from Apax Partners.
- A deal for the furniture store chain is believed to be in the neighborhood of $350M.
- The company is in an aggressive expansion mode and in some markets competes with La-Z-Boy (LZB +0.7%), Tempur Sealy (TPX +0.4%), Bassett Furniture (BSET -0.2%), Ethan Allen (ETH -0.3%), and Pier 1 Imports (PIR -0.3%).
Pier 1 Imports Inc is a specialty retailer of imported decorative home furnishings and gifts in the North America. It conducts business as one operating segment and operates stores in the United States and Canada under the name Pier 1 Imports.
Other News & PR