Piper Jaffray CompaniesNYSE
Thu, Oct. 6, 1:32 PM
- Piper Jaffray Companies (NYSE:PJC) announced the appointment of Stuart C. Harvey, Jr. as President and Chief Operating Officer, effective November 7.
- Harvey will head global investment banking, institutional securities and asset management businesses and will report to Piper Jaffray Chairman and CEO Andrew Duff.
- Harvey most recently served as a partner in Piper Jaffray's merchant banking group.
- "As we look to continue our multi-year effort to transform and drive performance across all of our businesses, the timing is right for Stuart to step into this role. Stuart has a breadth of experience leading and building successful companies. That experience, combined with his deep knowledge of and passion for our industry and Piper Jaffray, make him an ideal choice to serve as president and COO," said Duff.
- Press Release
Tue, Aug. 23, 4:52 AM
- The CFA Society of Minnesota hosts an under-the-radar conference today and tomorrow with a powerful roster of presenting companies.
- The event was moved to later in the month this year in a development which pushes many of the companies past the quiet period imposed around their earnings releases.
- Notable names in attendance will include Target (NYSE:TGT), Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Piper Jaffray (NYSE:PJC), Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB), 3M (NYSE:MMM), and AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN).
Thu, Jul. 28, 8:05 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Apr. 28, 11:05 AM
- Q1 adjusted net income of $10.6M or $070 per share vs. $18.8M and $1.14 one year ago. Revenues of $152.2M fell from $155.7M. Adjusted pretax operating margin of 10.6% slumped from 18.9%.
- Capital Markets pretax operating income of $14M vs. $22.4M a year ago as revenues failed to keep with with an 11% increase in expenses, despite advisory services revenue of $81.6M up 168% Y/Y. Equity financing revenue of $6.6M fell 82%. Debt financing revenue of $16M fell 24%. Fixed income revenue of $17.1M down 20%.
- Asset Management adjusted pretax operating income of $2M vs. $7.1M a year ago, with AUM of $7.5B down from $8.9B in Q4, and $11.4B a year ago.
- PJC -9%
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:01 AM
- Piper Jaffray (NYSE:PJC): Q1 EPS of $0.70 misses by $0.12.
- Revenue of $153.54M (-5.1% Y/Y) beats by $0.48M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Feb. 4, 12:48 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 8:10 AM
- Piper Jaffray (NYSE:PJC): Q4 EPS of $1.40 beats by $0.53.
- Revenue of $195.1M (+31.5% Y/Y) beats by $45.41M.
Dec. 11, 2015, 11:36 AM
- "We expect the pace of rate increases to be slower than in previous cycles, which could limit growth in the primary business lines for capital markets stocks," says KBW's Joel Jeffrey, downgrading both stocks to Market Perform from Outperform.
- While both stocks are lower in the range of 30% this year, a nice run by Piper Jaffray (PJC -5.8%) in the last month has brought that stock near the analyst's $43 price target. Part of the bull case for PJC, says Jeffrey, was its discount to tangible book value, but TBV was diluted by an estimated 18% to $32 thanks to the announced purchase of Simmons & Co.
- Jeffrey cuts the price target on JMP (JMP -2.6%) to $6.75 from $8.50, as challenging market conditions, particularly in investment banking, weigh on the shares.
Nov. 17, 2015, 3:49 PM
- Piper Jaffray (PJC -3.5%) is lower after earlier agreeing to acquire energy dealmaker Simmons & Co. for $139M in cash and stock.
- PJC says the move adds more than 170 professionals offering M&A advice, equity research and sales and trading.
- "We recognize that we’re stepping into a difficult part of the cycle, but the long-term prospects and fit is very appealing to us," PJC CEO Andrew Duff says.
Oct. 29, 2015, 10:47 AM
- Adjusted net income of $7.3M or $0.48 per share vs. $16.9M and $1.03 one year ago. Excluding a $9.8M legal settlement, adjusted EPS would have been $0.87 in this Q3.
- Adjusted net revenues of $148.4M off 4.8% Y/Y. Pretax operating margin of 7% down from 17.3%.
- Capital Markets adjusted pretax operating income of $10.5M vs. $24.3M a year ago. Equity financing revenue of $24.4M up 71%. Debt financing revenue of $20.5M up 42%. Advisory services revenue of $47M down 29%. Equity brokerage revenue of $20M up 20%. Fixed-income brokerage revenue of $18.3M down 20%.
- Asset Management pretax operating loss of $100K vs. income of $7.1M a year ago. Net revenues of $12M down 40% Y/Y.
- Previously: Piper Jaffray misses by $0.12, misses on revenue (Oct. 29)
- PJC -6.5%
Oct. 29, 2015, 8:07 AM
- Piper Jaffray (NYSE:PJC): Q3 EPS of $0.87 misses by $0.12.
- Revenue of $149.62M (-6.2% Y/Y) misses by $11.47M.
Jul. 23, 2015, 10:24 AM
- Q2 adjusted net income of $18.6M or $1.19 per share vs. $20.5M and $1.25 one year ago.
- $59.4M of stock repurchased during quarter, or roughly 1.2M shares at an average price of $49.53 each.
- Rolling average 12-month ROTCE of 10.8% vs. 13.9% a year ago. Book value per share of $56.79 up 8% Y/Y.
- Capital Markets adjusted pre-tax operating income of $24.3M vs. $23.1M a year ago on revenue of $146M up 1%.
- Asset Management adjusted pre-tax operating income of $4.9M down 45% Y/Y on revenue of $17.9M down 19%. Lower management fees from company's value equity product offerings is mostly to blame.
- Previously: Piper Jaffray beats by $0.21, beats on revenue (July 23)
- PJC +4.85%
Jul. 23, 2015, 8:03 AM
- Piper Jaffray (NYSE:PJC): Q2 EPS of $1.19 beats by $0.21.
- Revenue of $164.07M (-3.5% Y/Y) beats by $6.44M.
Jul. 20, 2015, 10:20 AM
- Continuing a move to beef up its capital markets business, Piper Jaffray (PJC -0.1%) CEO Andrew Duff lands Bank of Montreal's (BMO -0.5%) GKST - the bank's municipal bond sales, trading, and origination business.
- PJC last month also added a group of rainmakers from Sterne Agee (after Sterne's sale to Stifel).
- BMO purchased Griffin, Kubik, Stephens & Thompson in 2008 for about $33M, and its decision to sell follows the exit of a trio of key players at the unit.
- The deal is expected to close in Q4. Terms were not disclosed.