Packaging Corporation Of AmericaNYSE
Thu, Nov. 17, 1:47 PM
- Paper stocks jump after International Paper (IP +1.4%) CEO Mark Sutton says demand for containerboard is growing globally.
- IP is presenting today at the Vertical Research Partners Conference.
- Sector movers include KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +4.7%), Clearwater Paper (CLW +2.1%) and Packaging Corp of America (PKG +1.3%).
Mon, Oct. 24, 8:29 AM
- The paper/containerboard sector is on watch after Buckingham Research increases estimates on International Paper (NYSE:IP), Packaging Corp of America (NYSE:PKG), and WestRock (NYSE:WRK).
- The investment firm tweeted this morning that $40/ton containboard price hikes are reflected in some current checks.
- International Paper is up 1.70% in premarket action.
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:01 PM
Tue, Oct. 18, 5:35 PM
Thu, Oct. 13, 11:09 AM
- Paper stock are showing some weakness on concerns raised by Cleveland Research on containerboard pricing.
- International Paper (IP -1.9%), WestRock (WRK -3.1%), KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS -2.8%), Clearwater Paper (CLW -1.5%), and Packaging Corp of America (PKG -2.2%) are all lower.
- Previously: Paper stocks slump on pricing anxiety (Oct. 5)
Wed, Oct. 5, 2:34 PM
- Paper stocks are lower on concerns over containerboard pricing.
- North American major containerboard producers were expected to push through a $50/ton price increase this week, but there is word that Georgia Pacific may be delaying its action until November.
- Decliners include International (IP -1.7%), WestRock Company (WRK -3.9%), KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS -4.9%), and Packaging Corp of America (PKG -2.2%).
Fri, Sep. 23, 9:58 AM
- One day after Goldman Sachs initiated coverage on Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE:PKG) with a Sell, and two days after KapStone (NYSE:KS) replaced its CEO, the two are upgraded to Buy at Deustche Bank.
- PKG is higher by 1.5% and KS by 3% in today's session. The journey for the two this year, however, has diverged, with PKG up 29.7% and KS down 12.3%.
Thu, Sep. 22, 6:48 PM
- Weyerhauser (NYSE:WY) was today's biggest mover in the S&P 500, surging 5.7% in its biggest gain since February 2012, after Goldman Sachs initiated coverage with a Buy rating and adding it to the firm's Conviction List, citing its “leverage to the housing recovery.”
- Goldman says WY has the best timberland assets in the industry, and views WY as the only way for investors to get exposure to the attractive timberland asset class through a liquid, large-cap publicly traded equity.
- The firm expect continued timberland price appreciation to drive WY’s stock price higher, as the value of its land ownership comprises ~75% of the company's enterprise value.
- Elsewhere in the U.S. paper and forest products sector, Goldman also awards a Buy rating to Boise Cascade (NYSE:BCC) because of its strength in wood products; the firm rates International Paper (NYSE:IP), WestRock (NYSE:WRK), Domtar (NYSE:UFS) and Enviva Partners (NYSE:EVA) at Neutral, and Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE:PKG) as a Sell.
Thu, Sep. 22, 8:48 AM
- Packaging Corporation of America (NYSE:PKG) is on watch after Goldman Sachs issues a Sell rating on the paper/packaging stock after shares ran up 21% over the last month.
- The investment firm sets a price target of $77 on PKG.
Wed, Aug. 31, 5:11 PM
Thu, Aug. 25, 3:08 PM
- Paper stocks are higher on word that pricing will increase in the sector. The analysis is based off a look at October contracts.
- Buckingham Research is on top of the siutuation, already tweeting that it raised price targets on International Paper (IP +4.2%), Packaging Corp of America (PKG +2.7%), and WestRock (WRK +5.3%).
- KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +6.4%) and Clearwater Paper (CLW +1.2%) also broke higher in afternoon trading.
Mon, Aug. 22, 8:42 AM
- Wells Fargo says paper packaging stocks could see some volatility after a dip in semi-chemical medium pricing.
- The investment firm thinks Packaging Corp of America (NYSE:PKG) looks attractive to pick up on any weakness due to its lighter exposure and positioning.
- On watch: Greif (NYSE:GEF), WestRock (NYSE:WRK), KapStone (NYSE:KS), International Paper (NYSE:IP).
Tue, Aug. 16, 9:42 AM
- Buckingham Research analyst Mark Weintraub says a data read suggests that containerboard producers pulled back on the throttle in July.
- The sector is moving higher in early trading: International Paper (IP +1.9%), WestRock (WRK +3%), KapStone Paper and Packaging (KS +1.7%), Packaging Corp of America (PKG +1%).
Fri, Jul. 22, 7:15 AM
- Deutsche Bank downgrades Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE:PKG) to a Hold rating after having the containerboard/packaging stock set at Buy.
- The firm trims its price target on Packaging Corp. to $75 from $73. Shares of PKG closed at $73.81 yesterday.
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:22 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:35 PM