Thu, Aug. 18, 3:45 PM
- The company posted lower-than-expected Q3 numbers this morning along with plans it would expand IC manufacturing in China over a five-year period.
- The company intends to build a facility in Xiamen, China, signing an agreement in exchange for specific considerations and subsidies from The Administrative Committee of Xiamen Torch Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone.
- Photronics (PLAB -10.4%) will construct and operate the facility, with production slated to begin in 2018. Transferred capital and cash with the option of local financing are being employed to fund the project.
- Earnings press release
- Earnings call transcript
- Earnings slides
Thu, Aug. 18, 3:00 PM
Thu, Aug. 18, 7:52 AM
Wed, Aug. 17, 5:30 PM
Wed, May 18, 6:02 AM
Tue, May 17, 5:30 PM
Wed, Feb. 24, 6:02 AM
- Photronics (NASDAQ:PLAB): FQ1 EPS of $0.17 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $129.96M (+5.2% Y/Y) beats by $0.9M.
Tue, Feb. 23, 5:30 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 11:35 AM
- Photronics (NASDAQ:PLAB) has tumbled towards $10 after cutting its FQ1 guidance ahead of a Feb. 24 earnings report.
- Discussing the guidance cut, CEO Peter Kirlin stated high-end memory and flat-panel display photomask sales remained strong in FQ1, but added high-end logic photomask demand "was soft due to lower demand from some foundry costumers in Asia"; TSMC is a possibly culprit. Kirlin also noted the seasonal slowdown experienced for mainstream IC photomask sales was larger than normal.
Thu, Feb. 11, 7:43 AM
- Photronics (NASDAQ:PLAB): expects FQ1 revenue of $128M-$130M and Non-GAAP EPS of $0.15-$0.17 vs. a consensus of $137.3M and $0.19
Dec. 24, 2015, 2:37 PM
Dec. 3, 2015, 9:15 AM
Dec. 2, 2015, 5:40 PM
Dec. 2, 2015, 4:38 PM
- Photronics (NASDAQ:PLAB): FQ4 EPS of $0.25 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $141.7M (+14.0% Y/Y) beats by $7.85M.
- Shares +7.6%.
Dec. 1, 2015, 5:35 PM
Aug. 19, 2015, 11:02 AM
- In addition to beating FQ3 estimates, Photronics (NASDAQ:PLAB) has guided in its earnings slides (.pdf) for FQ4 revenue of $129M-$138M and EPS of $0.15-$0.22 vs. a consensus of $133.4M and $0.12.
- Margin gains are boosting EPS: Gross margin rose 230 bps Q/Q and 530 bps Y/Y in FQ3 to 28.3%, aided by improved manufacturing efficiencies. In addition, SG&A spend was nearly flat Y/Y at $12.4M. R&D spend rose 20% to $6.3M.
- Display photomask sales were a strong point, rising 18% Q/Q to $27.7M with the help of strong OLED-related demand. High-end chip photomask sales (45nm manufacturing processes and lower) fell 6% Q/Q to $39M, while "mainstream" chip photomask sales rose 5% to $65M.
- FQ3 results, PR