Polycom: As The Recovery Continues, Share Gains To Come
Helix Investment Research
Helix Investment Research
Polycom Offers Solid Risk And Reward Heading Into 2014
Why Smart Money Is Aggressively Accumulating Polycom
Thu, Jul. 21, 4:07 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:35 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 4:15 PM
Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM| Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM | 16 Comments
Wed, Jan. 27, 11:13 AM
- Though Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM) beat Q4 sales estimates and posted in-line EPS, the videoconferencing hardware/software provider guided on its earnings call (transcript) for Q1 revenue of $295M-$305M and EPS of $0.18-$0.20 (midpoints of $300M and $0.19) vs. a consensus of $302.5M and $0.20.
- Polycom attributed the outlook to seasonality, macro pressures (particularly in China, but also in Russia and the Middle East), product announcement timings, the "competitive landscape" for Polycom's Group Video business, and forex swings. In October, the company stated a Cisco videoconferencing product refresh weighed on Q3 sales.
- Shares made a fresh 52-week lot of $9.52 this morning before bouncing a little.
- Polycom's Q4 results, earnings release
Tue, Jan. 26, 4:07 PM
- Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM): Q4 EPS of $0.23 in-line.
- Revenue of $316.8M (-9.2% Y/Y) beats by $2.08M.
Mon, Jan. 25, 5:35 PM
Oct. 22, 2015, 11:10 AM
- Just as it posted in-line Q3 EPS in spite of a revenue miss, Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM) guided on its earnings call (transcript) for Q4 revenue of $310M-$320M and EPS of $0.22-$0.24 vs. a consensus of $322.5M and $0.23. But with the company having forecast to see Y/Y revenue declines in Q3, Q4, and Q1 going into earnings, expectations were low.
- CEO Peter Leav admitted on the call competition from Cisco weighed on Q3 sales, in addition to delayed customer decisions ahead of a product refresh. "Typically Q3 is our largest competitor's best quarter ... That's their end of year and obviously they're in the midst of a new product refresh, their first in five or six years and we were giving hints that we would have a new refresh as well, particularly on the Group [conferencing] side ... We were challenged as well on the audio [conferencing] side in Group because of some insights that for the first time in seven years we would have new audio capabilities in the center of the conference room, which obviously we have since announced."
- UC Group System revenue fell 15% Y/Y to $184.9M, UC Personal Devices rose 5% to $63.3M, and UC Platform (software) fell 6% to $55M. Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pac sales all fell.
- Lifting EPS: Gross margin rose 30 bps Y/Y to 59.7%, operating expenses totaled 47.6% of revenue vs. 47.9% a year ago (in spite of lower revenue), and $25M was spent on buybacks.
- Q3 results, PR
- Two weeks ago: Polycom soars after activist discloses stake, calls for Mitel merger
Oct. 21, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM): Q3 EPS of $0.21 in-line.
- Revenue of $303.1M (-9.7% Y/Y) misses by $6.94M.
- Shares +2.25%.
Oct. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM| Oct. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM | 7 Comments
Jul. 22, 2015, 6:55 PM
- Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM) has dropped to $10.81 AH after soundly missing Q2 revenue estimates (while posting in-line EPS). Q3 EPS guidance is at $0.20-$0.22 vs. a $0.22 consensus.
- UC Group System (group videoconferencing hardware, 62% of total revenue) revenue fell 11% Y/Y in Q2 to $195.2M. UC Personal Devices (individual systems) revenue rose 25% to $66.8M. UC Platform (software) revenue fell 9% to $54.6M. Cisco and various smaller players (Vidyo, Blue Jeans Network, etc.) continue providing tough competition.
- Helping EPS meet estimates: Operating expenses fell by $9M Y/Y to $150M, and $25M was spent on buybacks. Non-GAAP gross margin fell 30 bps Y/Y to 59.2%.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 22, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM): Q2 EPS of $0.22 in-line.
- Revenue of $317M (-4.5% Y/Y) misses by $15.53M.
Jul. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM| Jul. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM | 5 Comments
Apr. 22, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Polycom (NASDAQ:PLCM): Q1 EPS of $0.23 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $330.7M (+0.7% Y/Y) misses by $3.16M.
- Shares +0.46%.
Apr. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM| Apr. 21, 2015, 5:35 PM | 6 Comments
Polycom, Inc. is a global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration solutions for voice, video and content collaboration solutions. Its solutions are powered by the polycom real presence platform, comprehensive software infrastructure and rich application... More
Industry: Processing Systems & Products
Country: United States
Other News & PR