Douglas Dynamics, Inc.NYSE
Douglas Dynamics: Come For The Dividend, Stay For The Future Earnings Growth
Paul Goncalves, CFA
Paul Goncalves, CFA
Hey Small-Cap Investors: Douglas Dynamics Isn't Just A Dividend Play
Tue, Oct. 11, 9:33 AM
- The German Bundesrat has fired a warning shot across the automobile industry that is yet another indication that seismic changes could be coming down the road.
- In a vote intended to pressure the EU, the Bundesrat approved a measure to ban gas and diesel vehicles by 2030. The Bundesrat doesn't set policy across Europe, but is considered influential.
- Naturally, the fact that the push is coming from the home of Mercedes, BMW, and Volkswagen also adds a degree of intrigue to the news and the underlying electrification push out of the trio.
- Wall Street analysts with their 1-year price target mindset haven't weighed in on the development, but there's plenty of discussion on Seeking Alpha about the implications.
- Previously: Germany says nein to internal combustion engines (Oct. 10)
- Related auto parts stocks: ACW, ALSN, ALV, AXL, BWA, CAAS, CPS, DAN, DLPH, DORM, FDML, FENX, GNTX, JCI, LDL, LEA, LKQ, MBLY, MLR, MNRO, MOD, MPAA, MPG, MTOR, PLOW, SMP, SRI, STRT, SUP, STRT, TEN, THRM, TEN, TOWR, UFAB, VC, VOXX, WBC, ZX.
Fri, Sep. 9, 7:09 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 3:33 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 12:54 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:07 PM
Sun, Jul. 31, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEGN, AEIS, AMKR, APU, ARE, ATW, BDE, BLKB, CEMP, CGNX, CHGG, CKEC, CONE, CUTR, DAC, DNB, ENH, ENSG, EXAC, FTR, GGP, GKOS, GPRE, HTA, IDTI, ININ, IPHS, KMT, LNT, MCEP, MTGE, NGHC, NLS, OFIX, OGS, OLN, PLOW, PPS, PQ, QUAD, RAIL, RXN, RYAM, SBRA, SYKE, TEX, THC, TNET, TREX, TSE, TTOO, TXRH, UGI, VECO, VNO, WMB, WSTC, XOXO
Thu, Jun. 16, 11:12 AM
- Douglas Dynamics (PLOW +1.4%) announces it acquired Dejana Truck and Utility Equipment for $206M, including a $26M performance earn out provision.
- Dejana is an up fitter of Class 4-6 trucks and other commercial work vehicles in the eastern part of the U.S.
- The transaction is expected to close in Q3.
Thu, Jun. 9, 8:26 AM
Mon, May 9, 11:48 PM
- Douglas Dynamics (NYSE:PLOW): Q1 EPS of $0.23 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.19.
- Revenue of $48.8M (-9.4% Y/Y) beats by $4.27M.
Sun, May 8, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, AMPH, APEI, ARNA, ASEI, BKD, CDXS, CUI, CVG, DCO, DMD, DNB, DPLO, DTSI, ELGX, FENG, FRGI, GLOB, GSBD, HALO, HK, HTZ, IFF, INGN, INVN, INWK, IRWD, IVR, JPEP, JUNO, KEG, KITE, LBTYA, LC, LOPE, LSCC, MBI, MODN, MXL, NLS, NOG, NVGS, NVRO, OAS, OPK, OPWR, PEN, PINC, PLOW, PRAA, PSIX, RARE, RAX, RBC, REN, RVNC, SCTY, SEDG, SEMI, SF, SNHY, SREV, SSNI, STMP, TCX, TMH, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, VTL, VVC
Mon, Mar. 7, 5:07 PM
- Douglas Dynamics (NYSE:PLOW): Q4 EPS of $0.66 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $118.8M (+18.7% Y/Y) beats by $3.43M.
Sun, Mar. 6, 5:35 PM
Thu, Mar. 3, 8:39 AM
- Douglas Dynamics (NYSE:PLOW) declares $0.235/share quarterly dividend, 5.6% increase from prior dividend of $0.2225.
- Forward yield 4.73%
- Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 21; ex-div March 17.
Sun, Jan. 31, 9:04 AM
- Investors don’t normally equate small-cap stocks with big dividends, but there are a growing number of cash-rich, mature small-cap companies that pay healthy dividends.
- Roger Vogel, head of the value equity group at Silvercrest Asset Management Group, says he's finding plenty of good dividend plays in small-caps.
- His picks include: Douglas Dynamics (NYSE:PLOW), Lancaster Colony (NASDAQ:LANC), Horace Mann Educators (NYSE:HMN), Physicians Realty Trust (NYSE:DOC), Knoll (NYSE:KNL), MSA Safety (NYSE:MSA), and G&K Services (NASDAQ:GK).
- "One cautionary note: Even though many small-cap companies have dividends, their growth is slowing, as is the case for payouts of larger companies. In a tougher economic environment, smaller companies have fewer shock absorbers than big firms."
- Source: Barron's
Dec. 10, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Douglas Dynamics (NYSE:PLOW) declares $0.2225/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.92%
- Payable Dec. 31; for shareholders of record Dec. 21; ex-div Dec. 17.
Nov. 2, 2015, 6:40 PM
- Douglas Dynamics (NYSE:PLOW): Q3 EPS of $0.68 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $120.6M (+53.0% Y/Y) beats by $10.7M.