There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on PLPL.
Mon, Sep. 22, 10:47 AM
- Plandai Biotechnology (OTCQB:PLPL -3%) plans to develop and test an all-natural product for erectile dysfunction (ED). The compound, called icariin, is an extract from the plant Epimedium, also called the horny goat weed. Icariin is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor similar to sildenafil, the active ingredient in Viagra.
- The company has begun cultivating and cloning epimedium and expects to begin testing on a potential ED product in mid-2015. Icariin is less potent than sildenafil, but Plandai believes its extraction process will enhance epimedium's absorption and retention in the bloodstream to a sufficient degree that it will be a viable all-natural ED treatment alternative.
- Related tickers: (PFE -0.7%) (LLY -0.5%) (GSK +0.4%) (OTCPK:BAYRY +0.9%)(AUXL -0.7%)
Mon, Jul. 7, 8:08 PM
- As expected, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signs the medical marijuana bill that passed the State Senate 49 - 10 in June. The state is the 23rd to allow access to medical cannabis, albeit only via vaporizing, oils and edibles. No smoking allowed.
- Related tickers: (AEGY) (MDBX) (AVTC) (CNAB) (ERBB) (GDSM) (HPNN) (LATF) (MJNA) (PLPL) (VAPE) (VAPR) (VPCO)
Mon, Jun. 23, 10:53 AM
- New York State Senators vote 49-10 in favor of allowing limited access to medical marijuana. The bill would allow patients to inhale vaporized extracts of weed's active ingredients or eat them in food. Smoking marijuana would be prohibited, however. The State Assembly passed the measure 117-13 on Friday.
- The state's Health Department will have the task of setting up the program.
- (AEGY) (MDBX -2.4%) (AVTC +3.9%) (CNAB -1.2%) (ERBB +13.2%) (GDSM -16.7%) (HPNN) (LATF +2.2%) (MJNA -0.5%) (PLPL -4.1%) (VAPE +2.6%) (VAPR) (VPCO +2.9%)
Thu, May. 22, 10:16 AM
- According to Florida-based Novus Medical Detox, today's marijuana is much more potent than the varieties available a generation ago. This poses significant health risks to consumers as the wave of legalization gains momentum.
- In a study by the University of Mississippi Potency Monitoring Project, the level of weed's main psychoactive ingredient, THC, has increased from 3.4% in 1993 to ~9% in 2008. In sinsemilla (the flowering tops of unfertilized female plants) THC levels have jumped from 5.8% to 13.4%. The lab has identified THC concentrations as high as 37% in certain pot strains.
- The controversy surrounding the legalization of marijuana will no doubt intensify as the health risks of consuming ever-higher levels of THC in cannabis become more widely known.
- Related tickers: (AFAI) (MDBX) (MJMD) (VAPR) (MJNA) (PLPL) (RFMK) (SKTO) (VMGI) (VAPE) (LATF) (HPNN) (NTRR)
PLPL vs. ETF Alternatives
Planda's Biotechnology, Inc. and its subsidiaries develop highly bioavailable, phytonutrient rich extracts which are being utilized to deliver a new family of drugs to safely and affordably treat a multitude of diseases and conditions. Planda Biotechnology, through its South African... More
Other News & PR